Houston
Sponsored by

Hardwood Floor Installer

1,271 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexAg2001
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an issue with my current floors and am looking to replace them. Does anyone have rec for a good installer?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I've got a great company that we used for our recent renovation in the Heights. Everybody else said these 90 year old pine floors couldn't be saved and quoted us at least 2x so they could install new oak flooring. Shoot me a PM for contact info.

Also, I've got a 3/2 AirBNB in Rice Military if it's for your primary residence and you need a place to crash during the work. I'll get you a good Aggie discount.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MacDaddy Ag
AG
Arcardio's Hardwood Floors refinished our wood floors last year and did a great job. I'm not sure about their work with installation but I had a good experience with them. Small company that is reasonably priced.
Charlie Murphy
Not to derail. What are people paying right now installed?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
The folks that quoted us new oak floors laid down over existing flooring were around $12 PSF.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Burn-It
AG
My Hardwood Floor Guy
They do GREAT work, great to work with, reasonably priced.

https://www.hardwoodfloorrefinishing-houston.com/

AKA 13-0
schmellba99
AG
Five Star Floors out of Pearland did our entire house - can't say enough good things about them. Top notch service, pricing was the best of the bunch we looked at, worked with my wife and kids being home for the summer (helped move furniture, etc. that she couldn't move by herself).
TexAg2001
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Not to derail. What are people paying right now installed?
April 2020 , we replaced about 800 sf of carpet with engineered hardwoods and all in was about $9.25/SF and included:

Demo carpet, tackstrip, baseboards
Floor Prep/Leveling (ended up having to apply floor prep over at least 80% of the area)
Moisture barrier (the entire area received a liquid moisture barrier)
Engineered Wood flooring (glued down)
Baseboards (We painted these ourselves and he installed)

Our contractor was a guy we got word of mouth from a friend. Paid cash/check once work was complete. Most days he was by himself or had 1 or 2 helpers with him. It took about a week start to finish. A lot of that was the cure time for the floor prep and moisture barriers. The area was also bedrooms, closets and hallway, so laying the floors was slow going due to smaller areas and lots of cuts. We've been really pleased with the results.

We moved furniture ourselves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.