Houston
Sponsored by

ATT Or Comcast?

3,274 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HtownAg92
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Have been a Comcast customer for about six years, but our new home is already hooked up to ATT. Which one do y'all prefer?

Thanks
Gig’em Aggies!
Martin Q. Blank
Comcast is cheaper and has better customer service. Also let's you bring your own modem instead of renting theirs ad infinitum.
Chewy
AG
Switched from ATT to Comcast over the summer and glad we did. Service is better and customer service while not perfect is infinitely better.
htxag09
AG
Whoever will give you the better deal
Jackal99
AG
I set up my own TV service. Ran cable from the wires into my attic and then down into a wall outlet. Best cable I've ever had. And I did it all in my backyard.
Big Cat `93
AG
I've had both, and Comcast wins by a mile.
TX04Aggie
AG
Ive had both as well. Comcast wins
Jet Black
Switched from directv to Comcast a couple of years ago. Couldn't be happier. We got tired of our service going out when a slight wind came through.
Coog97
We had been with Comcast for internet, Verizon for cell service and DirecTV. Left and went all-in with AT&T on a "bundle..." horrible, HORRIBLE mistake.

Technically, the services are all significantly inferior, the customer service is awful and the billing was so bungled for the first four months that we ended up giving up fighting for the promised discounts for bundling everything, to the tune of paying almost $60/month more than we were quoted when signing on.

AT&T is trash.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
AT&T fiber
bigjag19
AG
Comcast in a landslide. Especially with bringing your own super powerful router.
Timber08
Weird, I had Comcast with service issues every few months but the PITA was that they would hang up on me when I called to get it fixed. Dozens of times where I had never had a call drop with anyone else. It got to where I would start the calls begging them not to hang up.

We switched to ATT when we moved. Cheaper than Comcast and the price goes up a couple bucks a year and no itemized charge for the router. I don't know about the customer service because we haven't had an outage in years...

Looks like I'm the outlier though.
MouthBQ98
AG
Is it fiber? The upload on fiber is far superior to coax hybrid.
dshedd41
S
I think so
Gig’em Aggies!
Silky Johnston
Absolutely hated Comcast when we had it. Might have been because of ****ty apartment wiring, but remember hating it when we moved into our house. Have had ATT fiber for a couple of years and havent had any complaints.
DustysLineup
AG
Today's weather reminds me of one key thing: Do NOT pay for anything with a dish if you enjoy watching live sports. That is all.
JSKolache
AG
htxag09 said:

Whoever will give you the better deal
And reshop it every year or two when they inevitably jack up the teaser rate
htxag09
AG
I just call every year before my deals expire. Sure, sucks spending about 10 min on the phone with them, but every year they've extended my discounts. I just say "my promotions are going to expire, I'd like to extend them so I'm paying the same amount the next year or I'm canceling"

Uverse 300 cable, hbo and movie channels, 4 boxes, 300 or 500 mbps internet - $115/month after taxes and fees. And it's not a contract. I can cancel at anytime
SquanchyAg
Chewy said:

Switched from ATT to Comcast over the summer and glad we did. Service is better and customer service while not perfect is infinitely better.
I have never used AT&T, but their customer service must be horrendous. Comcast has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced and it's not even close. If they are better than AT&T, wow!
Martin Q. Blank
SquanchyAg said:

Chewy said:

I have never used AT&T, but their customer service must be horrendous. Comcast has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced and it's not even close. If they are better than AT&T, wow!
Every customer service experience I've had with Comcast has been surprisingly good. Like they're under new ownership or something. I expect South Park rubbing nipples "that's too bad" response to my problem, but get actual solutions or some sort of compensation.
Chewy
AG
AT&T is TERRIBLE. At least in my experience. All they do is bounce you around to different people because the person you're talking to isn't assigned to fix your problem and you're in the wrong group. You wind up telling the same story over your issue 3-4 times until you give up.

Comcast is no walk in the park but they have two things I've enjoyed:

1) Lots of stores you can make an appointment at to exchange equipment if need be.
2) When I've talked to someone on the phone that person has stuck with me the entire time instead of bouncing me around where I had to tell the same story of the issue over and over again.

The people who came to the house were extremely pleasant.

It's certainly not the most pleasant experience because you're dealing with confusing corporate BS but the people I dealt with seem to care about fixing the issue rather than just keep passing you off.
96AgGrad
AG
I switched from Comcast to AT&T because I never forgave Comcast for adding data cap fees years ago, and for steadily raising rates on the same plan. The AT&T plan I'm on now is faster, cheaper, and has no data cap. Both of their customer service departments suck, so I don't see that as a Comcast edge.

Foamcows
AG
you shoudl almost separate ATT into two categories... ATT Fiber and ATT other... Fiber has been the most reliable service I have ever experienced. They turned it on 3 years ago and I haven't had any issues since.
RoccoD
Last year, I moved into a new subdivision which had ATT fiber, but no Comcast. I got both ATT Internet & Uverse TV but no contract. Internet over fiber was great. Uverse TV was horrible and does not work with Tivo. Six months later, Comcast became available in my subdivision. I switched back to Comcast for TV (they have decent comcast customer service at least), but kept ATT for Internet. My advice is to do whatever makes sense for your situation.

bigjag19
AG
RoccoD said:

Last year, I moved into a new subdivision which had ATT fiber, but no Comcast. I got both ATT Internet & Uverse TV but no contract. Internet over fiber was great. Uverse TV was horrible and does not work with Tivo. Six months later, Comcast became available in my subdivision. I switched back to Comcast for TV (they have decent customer service at least), but kept ATT for Internet. My advice is to do whatever makes sense for your situation.

You need a new TiVo box that's compatible with ATT. Fry's and circuit city have them on sale.

Al Bula
AG
That account is a spam bot. Either texags got better at not letting rookies create links (lol) or it just didn't link anything this time. Check out its first few posts. Odd that it bumps older posts.
MacDaddy Ag
AG
ATT has the absolute worse service and there is not a close 2nd
Sgt. Hartman
AG
About to tell AT$T Direct TV AMF in a couple of months when my contract is up. Being worse than AT$T is impossible.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm about done with AT&T. What are folks paying for gigabit internet speeds, a cable package that includes AT&T Sportsnet, and boxes for 3 TVs?
HtownAg92
AG
I had ATT bundle for a few years (fiber), and uverse was beyond terrible. Lag and freeze constantly. Finally unbundled and kept the 1G internet and went with YoutubeTV, Disney+, Netflix. HBO Max included with ATT internet. Just upgraded phone so I've got a year of Apple TV too. Zero issues since and saving about $150 a month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.