Houston
Sponsored by

Selling house - need staging company recommendations

1,164 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MAS444
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to do some minor staging when we sell our house in the Heights area. Have not moved out so we are just looking for some fine-tuning before we list.

Any recommended companies to out there?
Al Bula
AG
You can DIY this if you can procure a dead hooker or two. I have found that dead hookers can really distract potential buyers from noticing how small some spaces can be.
Chaca
AG
We used Meggan Johnson and were very happy with her work.
916-504-6.4.4.4
Furlock Bones
AG
a couple of things from my recent house sell.

Do you have carpet? If so, does it have wrinkles? If it does, pay to have someone come stretch it. really makes a difference in the look.

lightly paint over wall marks if you have some original paint. don't go overboard or it will be noticeable.

get some scent diffusers. you want a soft pleasant scent in the house but not overkill.
KDubAg
AG
Another alternative to staging is virtual staging. We did it to our house and actually looked pretty nice. We made sure buyers knew that it was virtually staged as well.
Caliber
AG
KDubAg said:

Another alternative to staging is virtual staging. We did it to our house and actually looked pretty nice. We made sure buyers knew that it was virtually staged as well.
I know that gets people in the door, but what about once they're in the house? People often have a hard time judging empty room sizes in person. Genuinely curious how it really works out.

I can say that it does give a good idea for the online listing, a house on our street did it this year and I thought it looked pretty good for the listing.
KDubAg
AG
Yea, that is a downside. Pros and cons of either I guess. I almost rather have more people in the door and once they get there they can use their imagination. If you put stuff in the room, it'll be easier to tell if the room is too small. If it's empty, buyer may not be able to tell how big or small it is.

Maybe if you have a large house and large rooms, stage with real furniture. If you have a small house with small rooms, virtual stage. We had a small house. I don't know.
Harman Rabb Jr.
https://www.veechdesigns.com/

They sold our house in a month, after it sat on the market for 6.
MAS444
AG
I did not know she was doing this and have obviously never used her...but I can say that Holly Veech is a very fine person. I bet she'd be great!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.