Houston
Sponsored by

10:32 and no Breakfast at Chic Fil A

5,923 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Magic City Wings
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At risk of being roasted, came here to vent.

At 10:32, in the drive through, got turned down on ordering breakfast "per company policy"?

As much good customer service they have, talk about poor customer service - you mean your pre-made biscuits and chicken can't make their way out of the window?

I left and am at Starbucks....
schmendeler
AG
should have gotten a sandwich. it's better than chicken on a biscuit anyway.
Premium
AG
schmendeler said:

should have gotten a sandwich. it's better than chicken on a biscuit anyway.

I was a little pissed. Got a Starbucks but forgot an ice water, so I protested Chic Fil A for 17 minutes until I got to the next one. Got the sandwich without pickles, usually get extra pickles but can't do it for "breakfast".
TheWoodsAg
AG
Dude, this is not Nam. There are rules.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Video stream of OP this morning:

Panama Red
AG
When people complain about how this Board used to be different, this is the kind of thread they are talking about. Thank for the reminder of how far we have fallen.
Premium
AG
blindey said:

Video stream of OP this morning:

Yes, Perfect!

The thought of asking for the manager crossed my mind twice. First when I was going to complain and make them feel bad even though I know it is policy and they would back up their employee. Second was when I was going to ask for the manager's name, not knowing if the bluff would get the employee to make a change to the "policy" all while knowing I'd probably not do anything with the name.

Instead I left and "stuck it to them".
BMX Bandit
Cool story Karen
lunchbox
Typically, when I hit my local CFA between 10:30-11 for lunch they offer me a free chicken biscuit that they have leftover...
Premium
AG
lunchbox said:

Typically, when I hit my local CFA between 10:30-11 for lunch they offer me a free chicken biscuit that they have leftover...

Username doesn't check out

But yeah, how did they serve the 10:30 vehicle and not have leftovers - thought for sure I'd be doing them a favor.
Premium
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Cool story Karen

Clearly you must see I didn't ask for the manager. Maybe you are projecting.
schmendeler
AG
i once went right at 11 and ordered a chicken sandwich and it had two of those tiny filets they put on the biscuits. crazy stuff, i know.
aTm2004
AG
I feel you, OP. Last week, I had my semi-annual Taco Bell craving so I drove to the nearest one. The one item I wanted (quesarito) is apparently mobile order only now. WTF is that? It's on the damn menu but I have to sit in line and do a mobile order to get it?
Flashdiaz
AG
you're not special, follow the rules set forth by our forefathers.
Post removed:
by user
AgCPA95
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

They have actually got more strict on enforcing the breakfast cutoff time during for some reason. I eat there a lot around 10:30 and has happened to me lately as well.
It happened to my wife and kids about a year ago and we still give my wife a hard time about it as she started to have a Karen moment. We were inside in line at about 10:28 and I told her, we are going to miss breakfast while she insisted were were in line they will serve it....I nodded OK, but told her she better have a back-up order ready which pissed her off even more. Sure enough I was right and said nothing as she ordered her lunch.
Noble07
AG
I've never understood this. If you're out of something and now have lunch items in the fryer I get it.

But based on the way they operate you have to assume they literally throw all of the chicken minis etc in the trash at 1030 sharp.
Premium
AG
Noble07 said:

I've never understood this. If you're out of something and now have lunch items in the fryer I get it.

But based on the way they operate you have to assume they literally throw all of the chicken minis etc in the trash at 1030 sharp.

I wanted a 4 count mini and a chicken biscuit. You know they threw some bread away...
AgCPA95
AG
Noble07 said:

I'm sure they have a good reason around efficiency and customer service of being able to complete an order. In a trust survey CFA would probably rank up top around your grandma and your preacher or priest so I will defer to them that they likely have a legit reason.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Chuck Norris can get a breakfast biscuit at 1400, on a Sunday.
schmendeler
AG
what's funny, is that in the past, i've asked for a chicken sandwich at breakfast time, and they made me one.
Noble07
AG
I mean, all they had to do is butter up a bun. The chicken is the same, right? If it's 10:35 they should just sell you a chicken sandwich and set the old tray of biscuits on the counter for you to grab one.
schmendeler
AG
Noble07 said:

I mean, all they had to do is butter up a bun. The chicken is the same, right? If it's 10:35 they should just sell you a chicken sandwich and set the old tray of biscuits on the counter for you to grab one.
nope, the filets on the biscuits are smaller.
Jock 07
AG
I drove by a Chick-fil-A this morning on the way to work, really makes you think
HtownAg92
AG
They could just be damn good at calculating need and avoiding waste. They probably have a sh-ton of data telling them how many biscuits they typically sell on a Monday morning in October.

I don't blame them. Breakfast for non-stoner, employed adults happens way before 10:30.
TXAG 05
AG
HtownAg92 said:

I don't blame them. Breakfast for non-stoner, employed adults happens way before 10:30.

This. At that point just wait a little bit longer for lunch. Or go to Whataburger, better breakfast and it's served till 11
jenn96
AG
Life is a vale of tears. I'm sorry.
Ag_07
AG
What time is their cutoff for breakfast at CFA?
Onceaggie2.0
Premium said:

BMX Bandit said:

Cool story Karen

Clearly you must see I didn't ask for the manager. Maybe you are projecting.
you know BMX is King Karen in real life.
Post removed:
by user
jenn96
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

HtownAg92 said:

They could just be damn good at calculating need and avoiding waste. They probably have a sh-ton of data telling them how many biscuits they typically sell on a Monday morning in October.

Not really I skip breakfast most days and eat my first meal between 10:30 and 11:30.
Yes but that meal is called lunch.
htxag09
AG
Did you call the owner or stalk him on a message board to complain? Make sure to mention the trash around the location when you do
Post removed:
by user
HtownAg92
AG
Is there any way you can arrange a sit-down with the owner to discuss the issues? I've heard that JCI owners have been amenable to such discussions in the past.
Aggie
AG
Is this really that big of a deal??
Seriously
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.