Houston
Sponsored by

Ft Bend County voting

2,916 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by spadilly
jrrhouston98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those in Ft Bend county that have tried to vote but refuse to wait in the hours long lines, I found a a spot in Rosenberg that was a 10 min drive from Katy and had no line.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Family Life Church, 1600 AVE D, ROSENBERG, TX

We literally walked in and then walked out 2 minutes later. Tompkins high school had a line that was 2-3 hours long.

Thought I'd share.
malenurse
AG
Smart Financial center has more machines than people in line, and there's a lot of people in line.

Nine minutes, in and out.

StEdsCOOG
Just spent 35 minutes in line at the Four Corners location. Line was around 50 minutes long when I left. Only 12 machines at that location.
swimmerbabe11
I happened to be around two polling centers around my area (2nd ward/southeast houston) and saw no lines/traffic at either of them,

Where are these "hour long" polling places?
lunchbox
I noticed today on the harrisvotes location page that there were no early voting locations with more than 5 people in line....i guess people didn't want to vote on a nice-ish saturday afternoon...
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I happened to be around two polling centers around my area (2nd ward/southeast houston) and saw no lines/traffic at either of them,

Where are these "hour long" polling places?

There was a 90 minute wait at Lost Creek Park in Sugar Land on Monday. Lots of outdoor masks and voters commenting on people *gasp* letting their children play on the playground during Covid.
JSKolache
AG
jrrhouston98 said:

For those in Ft Bend county that have tried to vote but refuse to wait in the hours long lines, I found a a spot in Rosenberg that was a 10 min drive from Katy and had no line.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Family Life Church, 1600 AVE D, ROSENBERG, TX

We literally walked in and then walked out 2 minutes later. Tompkins high school had a line that was 2-3 hours long.

Thought I'd share.
Yeah but thats a 20-25 min drive down 723, damn sure aint 10 mins.
cajunaggie08
AG
There's also a polling place next to the 24 hour fitness on Spring Green near 1463 if the lines at Tompkins and Cinco Library are too long.
SJEAg
AG
Jogged by the little convention center at the FC Little League park on Sat morning. I didn't stop but it didn't look busy at all...especially compared to Smart Financial (which was also on my route). My kid actually has practice and games this week so plan to try and sneak a vote in during one of those.
TX04Aggie
AG
Maybe fort bend can go red again... but probably not
ccolley68
AG
Voted at the Kroger in Riverstone today. 5 minutes total.
mazag08
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

Just spent 35 minutes in line at the Four Corners location. Line was around 50 minutes long when I left. Only 12 machines at that location.

Is four corners still where the kids go to get their drugs?
Silky Johnston
Glad all you rich white folk have the luxury of not waiting in line since they ain't trying to suppress your vote. Us working folk are being suppressed some how.
David_Puddy
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Glad all you rich white folk have the luxury of not waiting in line since they ain't trying to suppress your vote. Us working folk are being suppressed some how.

HATE....HATE.....HATE.....HATE.......HATE

I hope all of the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else buy you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go home and put some water in Buck Nasty's momma's dish
RoseRichAg01
Silky Johnston said:

Yes.
jakelew04
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

As someone that grew up in Mission Bend and attended Hodges Bend Middle School in the mid nineties, reading that a person chose to go to the "Four Corners" location of anything is blowing my mind.

StEdsCOOG
jakelew04 said:

StEdsCOOG said:

As someone that grew up in Mission Bend and attended Hodges Bend Middle School in the mid nineties, reading that a person chose to go to the "Four Corners" location of anything is blowing my mind.

Oh trust me, I know all about the old Four Corners. I just moved to Houston but I'm still registered to Fort Bend so I swung on in while heading down 6 to visit the folks. They have a nice new community center over there and to be honest, I didn't think there would be anyone in line.
StEdsCOOG
StEdsCOOG
StEdsCOOG
tmaggies
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Ok Mond....
DustysLineup
AG
Silky Johnston said:

You need to follow Lina Hidalgo on twitter; she says she single-handedly stood up to our notorious voter suppression efforts and set records for early voting turnout.
AgCPA95
AG
The wife and I voted at Thompkins High School yesterday a little after 5pm and it took about 20 minutes with line of about 30-40 folks out the door.
jbanda
AG
No wait at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Rosenberg.
spadilly
S
In and out of the Greatwood community center.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.