Houston
Sponsored by

Blood Bros BBQ

3,199 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fire09
Allen Gamble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just started following them on Instagram and am in total awe of what they got. I love the idea of Asian-Texas BBQ fusion.

Their brisket banh mi looks incredible. Anyone else been there, and if so, what do you recommend?

Pinkerton's has been my go to for years so I wanna mix things up a bit these days..
BCSGrubber
AG
Unemployed
AG
Allen Gamble said:

I love the idea of Asian-Texas BBQ fusion.
Khoi BBQ does this very well. No brick and mortar place but they have occasional pop-ups at Baileson Brewing.

https://www.instagram.com/khoibarbecue/
aTm_bomb
AG
Thai Friday includes green curry boudin and thai peanut sticky ribs, both are awesome.

They sometimes do specialty sausages one of which is a Frito Pie sausage and it is accurately named... Also delish.

Brisket is pretty good but not top 3 for me. I pass on their regular pork ribs but only because I don't like mine with just S&P. Buddy of mine loves their smoked turkey and their smoked chicken wings is the whole flapper and we'll done; you can pick from various flavors.

TLDR: overall a nice option for the area and really well done, I like their more unique items vs the standard fare.

Line starts building right after they open at 11. Show up on time but no need to camp out early.
schmendeler
AG
it's very solid, worth a trip to try it once, but not worth making regular sojourns across town for, imo.

if you're on that side of town, it's definitely a great option.

the brisket fried rice is really good, and better than you might think. i was half-expecting it to not be that great of an idea in actuality, but it's very tasty.

no reason to go to goode co or luling any more, that's for sure.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Brisket fried rice is where it's at!

They've got A LOT of spicy options. Some of their special sausage offerings have been infernal to me. They've got a great selection of tap craft beer if you're into that scene.
NoahAg
I feel culturally appropriated by this fusion.
TexAg2001
AG
I went there for the first time last Friday and had a Smoked Turkey Banh Mi and the Chicharron Crusted Thai Green Curry Boudin. Both were fantastic. Others in my group had Brisket, Sausage, Brisket Fried Rice, Terry O'Toole sandwich, Fried Brussels Sprouts, Bourbon Peach Habanero Pork Belly Burnt Ends, and Thai Chili Peanut Butter Ribs.

The Ribs and the Brussels Sprouts didn't get rave reviews from my group, but everything else was great.
Goodest Poster
AG
Was shocked to see so many positive responses.

I was gonna say, never trust a BBQ joint whose best item is mac n cheese. Ive been 6 or 7 times and its always been terrible and crazy expensive. Their sauce is probably among the worst ive ever had.

I like the fusion idea too as i BBQ and Asian are my go to. But honestly i end up at Truth, Brisket House (my fav rib), or Killens.
aTm_bomb
AG
jftx04 said:

Was shocked to see so many positive responses.

I was gonna say, never trust a BBQ joint whose best item is mac n cheese. Ive been 6 or 7 times and its always been terrible and crazy expensive. Their sauce is probably among the worst ive ever had.

I like the fusion idea too as i BBQ and Asian are my go to. But honestly i end up at Truth, Brisket House (my fav rib), or Killens.
ForeverAg
AG
I went one time a few weeks back, the BBQ was trash. The sides were good. If you are going for BBQ then honestly swing through a Rudys and you'll be better off.

We had leftovers that we ended up just throwing away because the thought of eating that BBQ again grossed us out. Honest to god I wouldn't return.
Chewy
AG
I like Blood Bros because it's different. It's a nice change of pace from what I consider traditional barbeque. I wouldn't roll up there and get normal barbeque but it's good stuff. Just different.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
I would give it another try. it is up there with Pit Room, Roegels, Pinkertons, etc. in my book.
TXAG 05
AG
I thought it was good, not great. Agree with Chewy that you should go for the non traditional things they have.
fire09
AG
As others said, their fusion dishes are really good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.