Houston
Sponsored by

moving to rice military area need advice on utilities

2,291 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by IDaggie06
bugle rank '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daughter just graduated and is moving to Rice Military area. Who is the best provider for electricity, gas, water, internet etc... for this area? We are used to the monopolies in BCS ....
We’ve never lost a halftime...
MAROON
AG
JFYI - gas will he provided by Centerpoint the water by the City of Houston. You have no choice.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
AggieStan
Serious Clark ?
12thAngryMan
AG
http://powertochoose.org/

Tell your daughter to visit that website and pick a reputable provider that meets the desired criteria. I have been pleasantly surprised by many of the lesser known companies with high renewables in their mix (fine to work with, and equal or lower cost). However, do not take rates at face value at many companies game the system to show cheap rates at the specific thresholds listed on the website (e.g., big credit for <=1000 kWh, but rate substantially increases after that).
Martin Q. Blank
Centerpoint makes the best electrons and gas.
The city makes the best water.
Comcast makes the best internet.
Not sure what you mean by "etc..."
aggiedent
AG
I'm the best and cheapest etc.

$500 a month. PayPal, Venmo, or check.
cajunaggie08
AG
If she doesn't want to worry about shopping for a new electricity provider every time the electricity contact runs up and auto renews at a 50% increase, she can sign up for energy ogre and pay them $10/month to sign her up for what should be the cheapest plan available.
Onceaggie2.0
Wow OP doing some helicoptering for a grown adult women is she single btw?
mikeiah
AG
Sent you a PM.

ATT Fiber for Internet.
Griddy for electricity. This year was ok. August was a blood bath last year. Depends on how often and what time their home.
htxag09
AG
No offense, and I may be completely wrong, but I doubt someone who's parent is online looking for options on electricity and water is going to be on top of their electricity usage enough for griddy. Could almost guarantee $500 bills in the summer.
Betoisafurry
Another vote for ogre
mikeiah
AG
Haha. None take. No doubt. I can only imagine the sticker shock.
Post removed:
by user
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
If she will go to energy Ogre, www.energyogre.com/r/cru, she will get a great rate for electricity and it is very convenient. Lots of happy texags customers!!!

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
My cousin Jerry Don is a lineman over at HL&P. He can tie her in, but he'll have to take care of the paperwork. And my sister's dating a guy who works for the cable company, so he can take care of that no problem. My mom's bills are down to about a hundred bucks a month now. Yeah, hit me up.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Time for her to figure this **** out on her own
IDaggie06
AG
This many posts and no demand for rule #1? Pathetic
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.