Houston
Sponsored by

Margaritaville

4,444 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by drwong
Aggie Hunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone stayed at the new Margaritaville on Lake Conroe? Thoughts?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Supposed to be staying up there for a weekend in the middle of August for a wedding nearby. We will see if the coco doesn't alter the plans.
cr0wbar
AG
Been wanting to get up there. They opened last weekend in June. Let us know, beast
Aggie Hunter
AG
Headed that way tonight and staying until Sunday. I will report back.
nonameag99
https://instagr.am/p/CBf8GZ5pI9y
Aggie Hunter
AG
I have stayed at the one in Biloxi so curious to see how it compares.
chimpanzee
It looks like it would fit every stereotype I'm expecting, though I'm kind of beyond being snarky at this point.

Pass me a Landshark Lager, I'm in.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
chimpanzee said:

It looks like it would fit every stereotype I'm expecting, though I'm kind of beyond being snarky at this point.
I'll give you the assist:

1 star out of 5 for this property. Disappointed to find out that even though I reserved it with my room, they were completely out of Rascal scooters. Advertising promising high-strength toilets in room was clearly inaccurate as I cracked the bowl the first time I sat down to drop a growler. I still had to turn sideways to wriggle through the "extra wide" room doorways. Oh, and I was turned away at the entrance to the pool area because the concrete pool decking apparently wasn't designed or poured to specifications that could support a man of my carriage. The grazing tubs at the buffet are a bit smallish, but since it's all-you-can eat, you just have to re-fill more than you want. Noise from constant unloading of Sysco trucks is a bit of a nuisance.

Otherwise, nice property.
JYDog90
AG
I'm imagining a Carnival cruise that never leaves the dock.
BillYeoman
I went 3 weeks ago. Rooms were nice and the pool area was nice. Hardly anyone there on a Monday which was a great thing.
David Carr
Fats and Tats
spadilly
S
Closest thing we'll get to a Buffett show for a while.
CLB2008
AG
Talked with someone who went last week for a 4 day trip. They both wanted to leave the next day.
Said the food was terrrible and very expensive. Drinks were very weak and also very expensive.
sts7049
AG
nonameag99 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CBf8GZ5pI9y
nothing i love more than a fupa stuffed into size 44 denim capri pants
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm more appalled she has 1100 followers on Instagram.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I did think it was overpriced for what you get. Food and drinks were average and not many activities for kids. I think you could spend the same amount and go to great wolf or to Marriot in San Antonio with more to do. We had a good trip but didn't see anything that would make me rush back.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

I did think it was overpriced for what you get. Food and drinks were average and not many activities for kids. I think you could spend the same amount and go to great wolf or to Marriot in San Antonio with more to do. We had a good trip but didn't see anything that would make me rush back.
It's a hotel in Montgomery County, TX.

What was the initial attraction??
RingOfive
AG
I live right down the street from it in Walden. Several neighbors have been to the restaurants, and they all said it was overpriced," mediocre food. The resort itself is insanely expensive for what it is.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I guess we got an opening special price. We are only paying marginally higher than a Hampton or Holiday Express. Our trip is for a wedding nearby.
Post removed:
by user
HtownAg92
AG
RingOfive said:

I live right down the street from it in Walden. Several neighbors have been to the restaurants, and they all said it was overpriced," mediocre food. The resort itself is insanely expensive for what it is.
There are only two acceptable reasons to ever eat at a Margaritaville restaurant:

1. You are in Key West and you want to go to the original

2. You are in the Cancun airport, hung over, tired and "partied out" and it is the closest hair of the dog to the United / IAH gate.
bad93ex
HtownAg92 said:

2. You are in the Cancun airport, hung over, tired and "partied out" and it is the closest hair of the dog to the United / IAH gate.
Knew I wasn't the only one
The Wonderer
AG
bad93ex said:

HtownAg92 said:

Knew I wasn't the only one
?itemid=5497439
cajunaggie08
AG
HtownAg92 said:

RingOfive said:

There are only two acceptable reasons to ever eat at a Margaritaville restaurant:

1. You are in Key West and you want to go to the original

Its the only reason i went to the Montego Bay Airport Margaritaville. The food and drinks sucked, but I needed the alcohol.
drwong
AG
RingOfive said:

I thought this place was owned by Buffett, not Fertitta.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.