Houston
Sponsored by

Petrol Station: Closed

7,681 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LPHA
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

has anyone checked on Jetch? is he in mourning?

Rancor's & beers on a Friday did not suck ... we'll see if Ben and devil beer follow

Good times at petrol over the years fo sho

Say what you will about the bar those Rancor burgers ****in ruled. RIP
BarryProfit
BSD said:

BarryProfit said:

Ag_07 said:

Kind of ironic that the article gives that vibe as well. Like they were some ground breaking bar that taught Houstonians about craft brews.

They were ground breaking, no other bar in town like them when they got started.

Yep. Thus...OG.

I lived in OF back in those days and didn't know anything about good beer. I'd go to Petrol and pound their IPAs just like I was drinking Mexican lager. Would always wake up thinking WTF?!
K Bo
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

K Bo said:

WAIH ain't want it used to be. Still a good hang with great people watching but they've tried to make it too "nice" over the last couple years. All I want from WAIH is cold Lone Star tall boys, free hot dogs on Friday night, a good game of horse, and some weird dudes smoking weed in the back.

Still better than what they did to the Marquis. Real bathrooms and windows?

True. Damn shame.
digging tunnels
AG
What is WAIH?
K Bo
AG
West Alabama Ice House
TXAG 05
AG
K Bo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

K Bo said:

WAIH ain't want it used to be. Still a good hang with great people watching but they've tried to make it too "nice" over the last couple years. All I want from WAIH is cold Lone Star tall boys, free hot dogs on Friday night, a good game of horse, and some weird dudes smoking weed in the back.

Still better than what they did to the Marquis. Real bathrooms and windows?

True. Damn shame.

At least it's still standing. RIP Kay's
bluefire579
AG
PM&Rdoc04 said:

Good riddance. I liked Petrol Station alright. It was a cool place to grab a good beer, and nice layout. There weren't many other options. It was the first business (and brewery Brash) I ever boycotted after their Black Mass partnership with Houstons Satanic Temple stunt. I couldn't even stomach the idea of supporting a business who would be actively involved or even sympathize with the ideas. There are plenty of great breweries now that need our support and not a dime of my money is/was going to Brash or Petrol Station or any other of Fulleloves future projects.
Now hopefully someone else buys Petrol Station and returns it to what ot was and could be.
No worries, I'll have a few extra for you next time I go.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
BSD said:

BarryProfit said:

Ag_07 said:

Kind of ironic that the article gives that vibe as well. Like they were some ground breaking bar that taught Houstonians about craft brews.

They were ground breaking, no other bar in town like them when they got started.

Yep. Thus...OG.
They didn't even last 20 years. That's not OG. That's a passing fad. Damn kids.
K Bo
AG
Double damn shame
Cyp0111
Walking Stick and Great Heights less than 100 yards away not bad
TXAG 05
AG
If you could drink Great Heights beer at Walking Sticks place, that would be good. Walking Stick is cool, their beer just isn't good.
Cyp0111
I agree. They added a blonde ale which is better
HtownAg92
AG
K Bo said:

MAS444 said:

WAIH and Alice's (and Catty Corner to a slightly lesser extent)- now you're talking Houston royalty. I'd like to see someone ask Alice for a list of her IPA offerings...

Don't forget a few mangy dogs walking around. And a drug dealer with a huge chunk missing from his face from an old knife fight.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HtownAg92 said:

K Bo said:

MAS444 said:

WAIH and Alice's (and Catty Corner to a slightly lesser extent)- now you're talking Houston royalty. I'd like to see someone ask Alice for a list of her IPA offerings...

Don't forget a few mangy dogs walking around. And a drug dealer with a huge chunk missing from his face from an old knife fight.

And tamales!
K Bo
AG
I witnessed a wedding at WAIH and it was as incredible as you'd expect
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
There was a wedding at Big Star once, but I didn't get to witness.
Al Bula
AG
The few greasy ass chicks i remember that worked behind the bar look exactly like the antifa white women of today. Once crowbar opened up I never went to petrol again. Cool place in its day, had some good nights there, but the world has moved on.
BBRex
AG
PM&Rdoc04 said:

Good riddance. I liked Petrol Station alright. It was a cool place to grab a good beer, and nice layout. There weren't many other options. It was the first business (and brewery Brash) I ever boycotted after their Black Mass partnership with Houstons Satanic Temple stunt. I couldn't even stomach the idea of supporting a business who would be actively involved or even sympathize with the ideas. There are plenty of great breweries now that need our support and not a dime of my money is/was going to Brash or Petrol Station or any other of Fulleloves future projects.
Now hopefully someone else buys Petrol Station and returns it to what ot was and could be.

This. Great Heights and Walking Stick are fine with me. I got to the point where dealing with the bartenders and staff just wasn't worth it. The Satanic vibe from Brash, which I wanted to love, turned me off of both places even more. Add in the crappy parking, and I won't miss it at all.
TXAG 05
AG
They have a For Lease sign up out front. I had heard that they already had someone ready to move in, guess not.
Al Bula
AG
Looks like someone is going to open up a bar at the Petrol location, and the new owner's have another place called Monkey Tail. Here's to hoping the name is just as creative, like Fudge Dragon or Turtle Head.

https://houston.eater.com/21352894/monkeys-tail-team-to-open-new-bar-in-former-petrol-station?fbclid=IwAR2Qcaa2NtvLWXIlMMU9aKaqyvbh76be58qE0WCeScra2jaU-eze7h4T6aQ
Ag_07
AG
Interesting

Probably the right time to procure space but not the ideal time to be opening bars.

Monkey's Tail is pretty cool bar with a solid food selection. It's bar food but it's well done bar food.
drumboy
AG
Yeah Monkey's Tail has good beer, cocktails, and the CFS is solid. Wife said it was too salty but she says that about most foods.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Butt Cigar
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Monkey's Tail is one of the best bars in Houston and it didn't take them very long to earn that distinction. This is good news.
LPHA
AG
I was there while a wedding was going on. Surprisingly trashy
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.