Houston
Sponsored by

Roofing contractors recommended

890 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kellyb94
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My house has original asphalt shingles built in 2004. 16 years old. Single story 1,700 square feet living space with chimney.
Have had 3 leaks in the past 5 years. Insurance policy just announced a reduction in amount covered for the roof due to age.
1. How much range should I expect to pay?
2. Any quick fixes such as sprays or likelihood of just fixing patches or after 16 years do I just replace it all?
3. Reputable roofers in The Woodlands/Conroe area?
Thanks in advance!
Whoop Delecto
AG
AgDaddy08-11
S
Need to follow this thread. But might get more info on the HI board.
bhuff111
I recommend retaining a public adjuster to inspect your roof and advise as to whether you have weather related roof damage. If so, have them determine the date of the weather event, then file a homeowner's claim using that date. Or if you've already filed a claim, have your public adjuster request a reinspection and have them walk the roof with your insurance company. Often times the public adjuster will also retain an expert to opine as to the cause of damage. You then stand a pretty good chance of at least getting a fair amount for your damages because most insurance companies would rather avoid the arbitration process. Ex: I had a hail storm at my house in April 2019. A roofer walked the roof and said "hail damage." Filed a claim, insurance company said "not sure." Insurance company sent an engineer and he said "absolutely no hail damage." Retained public adjuster and he looked at roof and said "hail damage." He hired an engineer and requested a reinspection. Lo and behold, the insurance company said "hail damage." Got roof replaced.

And the public adjuster only got paid if I collected a check from the insurance company. 10%.
Vgrainger
AG
Hello! My company, Envision Renovations, has done quite a few roofing projects for TexAgs users and we are local to the Spring/Woodlands area. We would be happy to take a look at your roof to provide options for you regarding repair or replacement. Please give us a call at 713-425-3799 to setup a free estimate. Please feel free to check us out on Facebook or at EnvisionYourHome.com. Thanks, Vince Grainger, Class of '08.
schmellba99
AG
ARH Roofing
281-433-96 7 0

Alex is a friend of mine, does great work, and is very reasonably priced. Had done several repairs for me before I replaced my entire roof. Give him a call, have him look at it and he'll roll you through the entire process.
kellyb94
AG
Tara Scoggins at Ameristar. 2817805781
She is a friend and does a great job. She will be able to answer any questions you have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.