Houston
Sponsored by

Which one of you is this?

4,683 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Al Bula
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.har.com/s/175F016a518558
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Gator92
AG
Don't know but I need a new agent!

Edit: I couldn't make rule #1 work

Jock 07
AG
Quote:

$ 29,999,999

I like the Walmart sell pricing, pretty sure you're not fooling anyone with that.
joerobert_pete06
AG
26k sqft and all we get are 15 pictures?
T Durden
AG
You gentlemen think I listed it too low?
Sumatriptan
only $287,000 a year in property taxes pfffft.
agz win
AG
No patio ceiling fans! I'm out!
Premium
AG
Annual $350 maintenance fee. WNB

Ib4usernamedoesntcheck
Cardiag
AG
Uhh, Memorial? Pfft.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Outside of the loop? Dealbreaker.
03_Aggie
Probably that dude that's dropping a hundred grand a year to educate his toddlers.
Cardiag
AG
I will say I once went to a party on E. Rivercrest and the house blew my mind. They have neighborhood roaming peacocks.
agz win
AG
Some of those peacocks may be leftovers from Vargo's.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Time to set up a trust in South Dakota

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/06/how-marie-and-ed-bosarges-divorce-spotlights-south-dakotas-asset-trusts.html
joerobert_pete06
AG
45 is not a 100
aTm2004
AG
With this COVID situation right now, we just found it too hard to properly social distance in such a tight space, so we decided to list our cabin and move permanently to our ranch in north Texas. Serious offers only, please.
HtownWilly12
Best quotes:

Analysts and local politicians estimate that $250 billion to $900 billion is now stashed in South Dakota trusts by the likes of Chinese billionaires looking to keep their fortunes out of reach of the government, Europeans looking to avoid taxes and Americans looking to shield wealth from spouses.

Americans just looking to screw their ex-wives lol.

"he always said only dumb people pay taxes."

This one hurts a little.
TexAg2001
AG
Found a WSJ article from 2014 showing the home being listed at $43M, making it the priciest home ever listed in the Houston area. Was called "Chateau Carnarvon". Talk about depreciation!
JYDog90
AG
I'm glad you posted this. I was about to make an offer but you just provided me a moment of clarity.
Formerly Willy Wonka
aTm2004
AG
Damn. Talk about cold. Sucks for her as well to potentially going from a lavish lifestyle to an apartment that is smaller than the guest closet in one of your mansions.
MAS444
AG
Yeah it seems like that house has been on and off the market for years.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Surely this broad knows something that can embarras the guy publicly. They were married a long time. Threaten him with this and accept a 30 million dollar payoff. Not that hard. I see it on tv all the time.
ravingfans
AG
Hmm, at only $8Mil per bedroom this place is a steal! Where do I sign?
rangerdanger
AG
No Kingsford charcoal grill in the backyard. Can't keep up my tradition as best burger in Houston with this dump. Hard pass.
Texaggie7nine
You think they will require any proof of income before they let me go to a showing?
7nine
aTm2004
AG
Maybe if we all pool our accounts together, we may be able to get something scheduled. So what if you have 40 kids who all look to be about the same age as you or ones you had when you were 11?
Dr. Doctor
AG
I was reading something else about this and there stands a good chance that the trusts might get invalidated.

Which means she gets half of his stuff. She did sign the trusts over but if there was fraud involved, that's why they get busted open.

~egon
JYDog90
AG
I'm rooting for her.
Formerly Willy Wonka
aTm2004
AG
Please let that be the case.
Dr. Doctor
AG
From a different article/source:

There were two trusts.
1. Transfer marital assets into a trust benefitting both of them. At that point they ceased to be marital assets and are assets of the trust (to avoid paying taxes).

2. Transfer assets from one trust benefitting both of them into a trust benefitting only him. The article notes South Dakota law doesn't require he tell her of this transfer.

So the assets ceased being marital assets once they were placed in the first trust. Depending on how that trust was administered, the husband may or may not have had the authority to transfer funds to a second trust. My money is on him having that authority (somewhere in a footnote on page 312 of the trust document) because he's a dirtbag tax cheat/adulterer, and dirtbags usually have good lawyers.

But the issue can hinge on two things:

If you transfer all of your assets to someone or something else in order get out of paying, the transfer itself is what the lawyers can go after as fraud. (Tiger King and his mom; his mom got hung in the courts when he tried to do this.)

Imagine having money/income/assets to get issued a 1 million dollar credit line, running up that bill, then transferring everything to an LLC/Trust run by your friend and trying to declare bankruptcy. They'll just claw it all back and say the transfer was illegal.

So this case will probably hinge on that. If they can show that he did this purely with the intention of not paying out to a divorce he was planning and what purpose the trust is supposedly for (and if that reason/purpose is convincing.)

OR

He may get into trouble by not paying taxes on the money he made to generate the assets put in the trust. Or if business and personal assets were commingled along the way. If fraud is involved that means the statue of limitation goes out the window. And believe it or not more people get in trouble with the IRS by not retaining a lawyer and not keeping their mouths shut. I don't think this lady is going to keep her mouth shut if she doesn't get paid. There is no dumb blond defense.

But my pity for her is waning:
As Quantlab grew, so did the Bosarges' wealth. They built a 37,000-square-foot home in Houston called Chateau Carnarvon, which had its own hair salon, massage room, music room and theater. Some rooms were filled with gold leaf, tapestries and paintings.

They had five properties in Maine, one in Aspen and a luxury flat in London. They bought a succession of sailing yachts, including a 180-foot superyacht named Marie. Since she liked to play piano, they had a grand piano permanently fixed to the floor of the yacht "so it wouldn't slide around," she said.

CNBC Article about it

~egon
Frok
AG
That looks like a Mexican drug lord house
chico
AG
Backs up to Buffalo Bayou. I bet it flooded during Harvey. Wonder if it has mold?
Bondag
AG
chico said:

Backs up to Buffalo Bayou. I bet it flooded during Harvey. Wonder if it has mold?
Would explain the price drop.
lancevance
Not repeating the age old trope that rich people lead unhappy lives, but that house looks like some very unhappy people lived there. Call me old fashioned.
TXTransplant
lancevance said:

Not repeating the age old trope that rich people lead unhappy lives, but that house looks like some very unhappy people lived there. Call me old fashioned.

Super rich people sure are quick to spend their money on stupid, weird, and/or ugly stuff. That article above said the wife owned some of Marilyn Monroe's bras.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.