Houston
Sponsored by

Looking for garage apartment availability in west u/Bellaire area?

2,035 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aTm_bomb
aTm_bomb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My sister will be repatriating to Houston this summer from Dubai. She has a job lined up at west u elementary. She's been gone 5 years and would like to find a place close to work to rent while she gets settled back in the States.

I suggested the possibility of cheaper housing from a garage apartment in the area. Needless to say, it's not something that is posted on CL so wondering if anyone had ideas in where to find listings like this or if it's purely word of mouth?

Maybe I'm wrong and this is a terrible idea but thought I would explore it for her.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
There aren't quite as many garage apartments in the area as there used to be because of teardown & replacement, but I would think some of the neighborhood Facebook groups would be a better option than Craigslist.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Rule 1....

Have her check har. It will be a lot easier to find garage apartments on there.
agz win
AG
Also check the area college student bulletin boards, their housing offices and also rentals listed in The Greensheet.
aTm_bomb
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Rule 1....

As requested...
Martin Q. Blank
https://texags.com/forums/59/topics/3103379
aTm_bomb
AG
Much appreciated for the input and leads!
agz win
AG
And look at apartments dot com in that area. Rental prices should be coming down.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
agz win said:

Also check the area college student bulletin boards, their housing offices and also rentals listed in The Greensheet.
Rice used to run a website just for that purpose. Probably still does if someone wants to search.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Used to live in a place like that about 10 years ago. I found it just by driving around the neighborhood and looking for "for rent" signs with a handwritten phone number. Point is what I was looking for was something being rented out by the property owner themselves. Worked well and I ended up with a pretty nice place at not crazy prices.
aTm_bomb
AG
Yea that is what I figured but wanted to leverage TA powers for anything I might have not considered or leads.

Thanks to all!
aTm2004
AG
Here's someone on the RE board maybe looking to lease out theirs.

https://texags.com/forums/59/topics/3103379
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
aTm_bomb said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Rule 1....

As requested...

Username checks out
aTm_bomb
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.