Houston
Sponsored by

Tachus Fiber Internet

2,420 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LeftyAg89
Dr. Doctor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got an email about joining Tachus Internet. Looks to be a start-up out of the Woodlands (i.e. South Dallas). Anyone have them? Are they good?

Tachus

I'm currently rocking DSL with Centurylink, so going to Gigabit would be nice in the upper NE side of town. Showing $90 a month for Gigabit fiber to your house.

Anyone else signed up or know anything? TIA.

~egon
aTm2004
AG
WTF? I'm maybe a half mile from you and haven't seen anything from them. I'm with Suddenlink and would happily kick them to the curb after the issues I had when I moved.
lunchbox
They've been hitting up our neighborhood lately and I see yard signs everywhere.

I'm also stuck with suddenlink since I have no line of sight for satellite...unless I want to cut the cord, I would have to stay with suddenlink for cable and lose whatever bundle discount I have for moving internet service.

I'm actually kind of wondering if suddenlink internet will improve if a bunch of people move off of it (not likely)
Dr. Doctor
AG
https://sa.tachus.com/

https://tachus.com/area-status-kingwood/

~egon
Mucho austin
AG
I'm in Kingwood and have been getting their ads.

If you didn't have to pay to express interest, I would express interest.

I hate my current provider and have no other options in my neighborhood. Suddenlink goes out at least 2 times a week here. (Forest cove)
RingOfive
AG
I live in Walden on Lake Conroe and they just finished building out their infrastructure here. I had it installed about a month ago and it's absolutely incredible. Their customer service is nails. A utility company unrelated to Tachus cut their fiber backbone a few days ago, and Tachus had it fixed in about 6 hours. I was getting texts the entire time about where they were in the process, and - after they had it up and running again - the informed all the affected customers that their next bill would be decreased 5% for the inconvenience. Suddenlink (who I had before that) would never do something like that.

The only possible downside is that they don't offer TV service. But I just got YouTubeTV and am more than happy with that.
Mucho austin
AG
Suddenlink would increase rates to pay for it
Dr. Doctor
AG
I'm not associated with them, but...

The $20 is used in lieu of the $100 install cost. And if they don't go forward, you get it back.

And not to seem like money bags McGee, it's $20.
LeftyAg89
AG
Careful... their fiber runs through CHINA!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.