Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes back on the Air

8,442 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BarryProfit
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starting Monday. 97.5 Weekdays 2-4
Astrobo
AG
I would rather have the Corona that listen to that.
SockDePot
I heard that on way home today.

I liked the Usual Suspects.

I know there was some long thread about him, can someone do a TLDR about why people hate that guy?
Icecream_Ag
S
SockDePot said:

I know there was some long thread about him, can someone do a TLDR about why people hate that guy?
think Howard Stern meets Ketch with a Stephen A Smith delivery
gif
Great! Now I know what not to listen to weekdays 2-4
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Good thing I get in the truck at 4. Well, once this bullcrap is over.

How many chances does one chode get?
strohag
AG
AJ taking a chance on him. Basically Josh is working for free from what I understand. 97.5 had to lay some guys off so this is basically free radio time from what I understand. I don't learn from 2-4 So could careless.
BarryProfit
Who all has gotten canned over there? Raheel, Usual Suspects, anyone else? Haven't listened to local radio since mid-March.
Icecream_Ag
S
BarryProfit said:

Who all has gotten canned over there? Raheel, Usual Suspects, anyone else? Haven't listened to local radio since mid-March.
raheel, Barry, Cody Stoots were the big names. Nick and Charlie have been partnered from 11-2. As far as I know John and Lance and AJ and Fred have kept status quo.
Aggie Rick
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

BarryProfit said:

raheel, Barry, Cody Stoots were the big names. Nick and Charlie have been partnered from 11-2. As far as I know John and Lance and AJ and Fred have kept status quo.
You know Tine sports talk has reached a new low when Cody Stoots is a 'big name"
@Aggie_Rick
Coog97
Icecream_Ag said:

SockDePot said:

think Howard Stern meets Ketch with a Stephen A Smith delivery

Well done, sir!
Icecream_Ag
S
Aggie Rick said:

Icecream_Ag said:

BarryProfit said:

You know Tine sports talk has reached a new low when Cody Stoots is a 'big name"
He's no Charlie or rich lord, but he's not intern Dave either.

****staff, we need a shrugging emoji****
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Aggie Rick said:

Icecream_Ag said:

BarryProfit said:

Was going to say something similar. Guy is a joke
spadilly
S
I heard a cohost in with Palillo the last few days. I assume this part of the shake up and reshuffling there?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Imma listen.

Never really had a problem with the dude.
aTm2004
AG
Landry Locker is a pud. He blocked me on Twitter because I asked why they were talking Texans when the Rockets were in the playoffs and the Astros were early in their season (draft was over). He responded with something about talking about all Houston sports, so I asked "want to or have to?" Blocked me after that.
jjdavis85
AG
I had a problem with him at first when he was on 610 because I was tuning in for hot Houston sports takes, but after years of the same monotonous topics, calls from the daytime drunks and Palillo's pauses of dead air he became refreshing and entertaining. At that point I wasn't tuning in for sports talk, but for for just pure entertainment and him and Jim Mud did that for a while. If I want a true educated sports perspective on local sports I'll tune in to someone else.
chimpanzee
Houston sports radio during corona sports embargo could only be made worse in one way, and they went and pulled that lever.

Some station manager has a secured bankruptcy retention clause he's itching to dig into.
NoahAg
Innes is at least more entertaining than other shows with their "Mt Rushmore of Houston Sports" takes and local callers still demanding the Texans sign Vince Young.
kubiak03
AG
Enjoyed Innes his last year or so while on air. Seemed like he found a good groove. Also good banter with Mudd.

Did whine a lot.
aTm2004
AG
I'll never get over the one time I tuned in and heard him telling the story about when he found a sex tape of his mom getting pounded by his step-dad.
chimpanzee
NoahAg said:

Innes is at least more entertaining than other shows with their "Mt Rushmore of Houston Sports" takes and local callers still demanding the Texans sign Vince Young.
You're not wrong, but I've found that putting an empty coffee cup on my dashboard to be yet more entertaining.
DustysLineup
AG
NoahAg said:

I barely listen to Houston sports radio anymore for more than a couple minutes here and there flipping channels in the car, but these days it seems to be nothing but seething personal hatred for the McNair family and Bill O'Brien. I'd probably rather hear the Rushmore talk.
aTm2004
AG
The whole city hates BoB
one MEEN Ag
AG
I never understood the appeal of sports radio in the first place.

DustysLineup
AG
Maybe so. Also

THERE ARE OTHER SPORTS.
SockDePot
So I've sampled this guy a few times now.

He is indeed awful. And the description above is spot on.
Texaggie7nine
I haven't really listened to his volunteer effort on ESPN Houston. I've listened to his podcast a few times that he does daily. There is some fun there, especially since the COVID thing and sports being pushed to the back burner. He is more along the lines of a Clay Travis, anti left wokism sports guy. And he has some good takes.
7nine
SockDePot
I don't really mind his schtick as much as he sounds like a whiny Jim Rome in his delivery
COSciAG
I've listened in a couple times randomly over the last week or so. Seems to have some weird on-going fight with his producer. Seems kinda awkward at times.
cajunaggie08
AG
More local sports radio drama

https://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/jayson-braddock-and-patrick-creighton-get-into-crazy-shouting-match-on-espn-houston-radio-that-leads-to-producer-cutting-audio.html
cr0wbar
AG
Yea, it's been about a solid quarter since I've heard about Josh Innes. Good bump
Unemployed
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/jayson-braddock-and-patrick-creighton-get-into-crazy-shouting-match-on-espn-houston-radio-that-leads-to-producer-cutting-audio.html
Both of them are idiots.
E
AG
I didn't even know Jayson Braddock is still on the air until recently. I had left my car radio on 97.5 when I was driving home and he spent the entire segment complaining and *****ing about how John Lopez's picture was on the big Wall of Fans the Texans made during the summer... just trashing Lopez on how unprofessional it is to call yourself a fan and how he's in media supposed to be unbiased. The dude is hurting for content and is super annoying.
Ag_07
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

That's good stuff

He talks about how bad it sounds but I guarantee more people tuned in to hear that than listen to their show on a typical daily basis.

I imagine that's the best thing that's happened to that show.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.