Houston
Sponsored by

Braeburn/Maplewood Areas - Buying

11,340 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Diggity
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a client on Cheena right by Meyerland MS who didn't flood so they do exist.
jakelew04
AG
Small area south of W. Belfort and east of Chimney Rock is zoned to Kolter and has not flooded.
Teddy Perkins
AG
5200 block of both Lymbar and Cheena, north of Bellfort and Willowbend, were also spared.
jaggiemaggie
AG
In case you're still looking, Just saw that 5463 Briarbend has "Coming Soon " sign
Mose Schrute
AG
Thank you! It has been SLOW lately and we are slowly losing confidence in finding a home in our price range. Expanding our search to Westbury was great advice so thank you to those that recommended. Fingers crossed..

Appreciate all the advice on this thread
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Our house should be available to rent August 1 if anybody is looking? It's on willowbend, across the street from Parker elementary and like 3 blocks west. I think August will allow you to register at Parker this year (assuming the kids ever go back to school).

3 bed 2 bath, awesome kitchen, somewhat updated, pets allowed within reason, looking for $1,800/mo

Here's the rest of the story: We bought another house in the neighborhood last year, remodeled it, and moved in a few months ago. We just got major foundation work and some plumbing done on this house and the flooring guys start Monday (several interior piers...so they're patching hardwoods, refinishing all hardwood, and pulling all the tile and putting in a nice laminate). We want to give the foundation time to settle before a high end remodel so we are just trying to cover expenses for now, ideally 6 months to a year. So i guess we're just looking for someone just moving to the area, or someone in the hood who wants to move out and do their own remodel? Very flexible on the term, I'm easy to work with as a landlord, have another rental house and happy to let you talk to those renters as a reference. Post up if you know someone
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
bump? Picking out bathroom and living room flooring this weekend...if someone shows real interest they can choose!
Diggity
AG
I'm sure you know what you're doing, but be careful about how "high end" you go with the finishes being on Willowbend.

I think only one or two have ever gone for over $200/sqft there.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
appreciate it, yeah definitely not going crazy. The kitchen is nice (granite/subway tile/36" dual fuel range) because we wanted a nice kitchen living there, but we're most likely going LVP for kitchen/family/breakfast/utility, and repairing/refinishing all the original hardwood everywhere else. The "big remodel" we're putting off is mostly drywall/texture and get rid of the "shower cave" in the master bath.
jh0400
AG
You could shoot for the stars like these people.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/5926-benning-drive/11964907
Diggity
AG
jh0400
AG
If they get $220 sq/ft I'm moving to the beach.
aTm_bomb
AG
Nope. Wrong side of hillcroft AND Willowbend for that price. Especially with no real photos...

Professional flippers be crazy.
jh0400
AG
The group that has that house has done several on that street and at least one a street over. One that they did two years ago is back on the market at $200 sq foot.
aTm_bomb
AG
Yvonne though... Ay dios mio!
Diggity
AG
Too hot for Texags... Just fine for HAR

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.