Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Restaurant Reopening News

18,958 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CoachRTM
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No philosophical or pseudo-scientific debates in this thread, please, just news, please and thank you.

I'll start with the one yall have all been waiting for:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/05/01/houston-strip-club-says-it-will-open-at-midnight-as-a-restaurant-with-entertainment/

Quote:

A Houston strip club announced in multiple social media posts that it will reopen at 12 a.m. Friday as the statewide "stay home" order expires one minute before that.

While adult entertainment venues are not on the list of businesses allowed to reopen Friday, restaurants are, and so Club Onyx says it will reopen as a restaurant with "featured Entertainers."
Diggity
AG
Liquid Wrench
https://abc13.com/food/all-landrys-restaurants-in-texas-to-reopen-dining-rooms-friday/6138063/

All Landry's restaurants in Texas to reopen dining rooms Friday

Quote:

Landry's workers will be allowed to wear a face mask and/or at the request of a guest, the company said.

Of social distancing, restaurants will have spaced seated tables, and signs will be posted to encourage further practices in the entry area and restrooms.

There will also be disposable and "no-touch" menu options, Landry's adds, and the company assured things like door handles, handrails and other "high touchpoint areas" will be cleansed and sanitized regularly and daily.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Only allow people on every third car of the wheel?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Liquid Wrench said:

No philosophical or pseudo-scientific debates in this thread, please, just news, please and thank you.

I'll start with the one yall have all been waiting for:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/05/01/houston-strip-club-says-it-will-open-at-midnight-as-a-restaurant-with-entertainment/

Quote:

A Houston strip club announced in multiple social media posts that it will reopen at 12 a.m. Friday as the statewide "stay home" order expires one minute before that.

While adult entertainment venues are not on the list of businesses allowed to reopen Friday, restaurants are, and so Club Onyx says it will reopen as a restaurant with "featured Entertainers."

channel 2 app says they got raided last night! Ha. Bet James Harden ran like hell out the back door.
aTm2004
AG
With 25% capacity, does this mean Hooters will only have their A team available, or will they try to appease the fatties and bring in some of their Tuesday night squad?
cajunaggie08
AG
I thought Hooters A-team was already hired away by Twin Peaks and Bombshells?
Bondag
AG
aTm2004 said:

With 25% capacity, does this mean Hooters will only have their A team available, or will they try to appease the fatties and bring in some of their Tuesday night squad?
Good news is Twin Peaks is requiring wait staff to wear masks so a few more got bumped up to the A team.
aTm2004
AG
Bondag said:

aTm2004 said:

Good news is Twin Peaks is requiring wait staff to wear masks so a few more got bumped up to the A team.
Tom Hagen
AG
I would be surprised if many Heights restaurants open for dine-in service. Their white liberal customer base would organize boycotts.
SJEAg
AG
Anyone know if bars inside full service restaurants are going to be open? Like every other or every 3rd seat kind of thing?
Tom Hagen
AG
SJEAg said:

Anyone know if bars inside full service restaurants are going to be open? Like every other or every 3rd seat kind of thing?
Yes, at the Landry's owned restaurants. I have a friend who got a bar reservation at Mortons for tonight.
CowtownAg06
AG
Tom Hagen said:

I would be surprised if many Heights restaurants open for dine-in service. Their white liberal customer base would organize boycotts.
I've been asking around as I pick up take out. So far they are all doing and booked very well.
MavsAg
AG
Went for a walk this afternoon and Cedar Creek was already open and looked like others were prepping for tonight.

I will 100% be enjoying a freedom beer on a local establishment's patio later today.
Liquid Wrench
Goode Company is opening some locations Monday for dine-in from 11:30 - 7:30. Curbside will still be available.
Liquid Wrench
Bravery Hall email says they're waiting for Phase II to fully reopen

Quote:

We have, collectively, chosen to wait until Phase II to open Bravery to the public, maybe sooner if the data shows a significant decrease in Covid-19 infections. Like all businesses, we are here to make money, our livelihood depends on feeding as many people as possible. Hopefully, PPP and EIDL will help, but the safety of the public, our staff, vendors and their families takes precedence.
Quote:

Starting Friday, May 1st, we will be offering outdoor patio seating following social distancing guidelines for guests that want to order curbside and are looking for a place to eat outside on a beautiful day.
RK
AG
Bravery Hall my white rear end....
Diggity
AG
Hall of Cowards just doesn't have the same ring to it

Liquid Wrench
BB's is also waiting for "Phase II," continuing with curbside.

I like how they all say it's about safety, when reality is that it's probably just too expensive for some places to open at 25% capacity.

Texas Restaurant Association addressed the problem a few days ago:
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/operations/can-restaurants-survive-25-capacity?

Quote:

The Texas Restaurant Association (TRA) acknowledges that putting only a fourth of a restaurant's seats in use may not be viable for any extended period. "Absolutely not," said Emily Knight, CEO of the TRA. "No one will tell you we could sustain this capacity for very long. If you can't make the math work, don't open."
drumboy
AG
I don't get that if they're already doing take out. Add another kitchen staff and 2 waiters.
Bondag
AG
drumboy said:

I don't get that if they're already doing take out. Add another kitchen staff and 2 waiters.
It's probably more making sure people will show up if they open than bringing in another waiter or 2.
swimmerbabe11
I dont think it's a safety issue as much as "is it worth the staff $$$" to run the restaurant at 25% capacity instead of just doing takeout.

This is what that looks like... big pita if it's not gonna be worth it. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article242412686.html
swimmerbabe11
Bondag said:

drumboy said:

It's probably more making sure people will show up if they open than bringing in another waiter or 2.

right and if people dont show up.... holy crap how bad of morale will it be if the servers make no money standing around, endangering their unemployment.
MemorialTXAg
Everyone relax. 25% is about as enforced as no touching at men's club.
MemorialTXAg
swimmerbabe11 said:

Bondag said:

drumboy said:

right and if people dont show up.... holy crap how bad of morale will it be if the servers make no money standing around, endangering their unemployment.

Call CNN. They are waiting for your eyewitness report.
sbs
AG
I drove by Escalante's last night and there were a lot of people there.
Al Bula
AG
sbs said:

yikes people must be truly desperate to line up for escalante's. Yuck.
bigjag19
AG
Shife said:

sbs said:

yikes people must be truly desperate to line up for escalante's. Yuck.

Thank you. I don't know what people see in it. It's expensive but not nearly as good as the other expensive places.
bloom
They got a TRO to re-open! You really need to read the article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/05/01/after-overnight-raid-club-onyx-files-for-temporary-restraining-order-against-city/%3foutputType=amp

" Working here, a lot of people, especially my customers, they always look out for me because they know that I study really hard," Conteh said."
BMX Bandit
Onyx is the d/b/a for "Trump, Inc."
Liquid Wrench
There are limited choices for full service restaurants in the area. It's not like people are driving to it from far away as a destination. Sometimes people just want to go eat without making a commute.
Liquid Wrench
From Gringo's (which I know we're all too refined for, but thought it was interesting to see how they're handling distancing):
https://www.gringostexmex.com/dine-in/#onwaitlist

• A Reservation or Joining the Waitlist is REQUIRED
  • Limited time of 1 hour & 15 minutes to best serve all guests and to provide ample time for proper sanitation
  • Limited Food Menu Full Bar Menu available
  • No Walk-Up Bar Service available limited bar seating, varies by location
  • Calling to make a reservation or to join the waitlist cannot be accommodated
  • Maximum number of guests per table is 6, including children
Bubba smollett
Went to Ruchis sat for Lunch was good for me!
agdoc84
Ciro's is open. Bunker Hill and I10.
zgood10
AG
Went to Ninfa's on Navigation last night
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.