Houston
Sponsored by

Real Estate deemed essential services in Harris County/Houston

1,847 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bondag
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is the e-mail I received from HAR

Dear HAR Members,

As you may have seen, Harris County issued a "Stay Home-Work Safe" order this morning, which will go into effect at 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, March 24 and will continue through April 3. This follows on Galveston County issuing a similar order yesterday.

The big question for HAR Members is about whether real estate services would be included as an essential service and could continue to operate during this time. We are happy to say, YES, for Harris County, which includes the City of Houston. The following is the text of the relevant section from the order:

xvi. Professional services. Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, insurances services, and "real estate services" when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities or to further Essential Businesses, Essential Government functions, or Critical Infrastructure.

You may also go here to see the complete order: [url=https://har.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b5cd39f7ebe592f7300ba452&id=674885a9a4&e=cbe78f4863][/url]https://agenda.harriscountytx.gov/2020/03-24-20StayHomeWorkSafe.pdf

HAR President and CEO Bob Hale spoke via phone during the Harris County Commissioners Court meeting this morning and argued forcefully for the inclusion of real estate as essential. You may see the text of what he said HERE.

As Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said at the press conference when she announced the order, everyone should work from home unless your job is required for the health and safety of the community. People may leave their homes to go to the grocery store, doctor's appointments, pharmacy, exercise outside, etc. At all times, people must still maintain the social distancing standard of keeping six feet between you and anyone else. As they have been already, restaurants will continue to operate on delivery, takeout or drive-thru only. Note that the Galveston County order does not include real estate services as essential at this time. We have been in contact with all of the county elected officials in our region and will continue to communicate with them as they determine what actions they will take next. Things are changing rapidly, so it is likely other counties will issue similar orders in the coming days.

Additionally, TREC has waived all renewal and application deadlines until May 31, 2020. You may read more here:
[url=https://har.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b5cd39f7ebe592f7300ba452&id=eb0640b2c7&e=cbe78f4863][/url]https://www.trec.texas.gov/article/trec-and-talcb-grants-waiver-extend-all-renewal-and-application-deadlines-through-may-31%C2%A0

HAR is providing virtual courses to help you complete your CE or just catch up on that education you had been putting off. You may find the available online courses at www.har.com/education.

This is YOUR association, and we are here to support you during this time. We will get through this together.

Stay safe and wash your hands!
jjdavis85
AG
Yessir! Got showings lined up tomorrow.
combat wombat™
AG
Activity on HAR.com has been slow. But then again, it could be what we're looking for.
Mucho austin
AG
Thank goodness I am one of the few still allowed to do my job
combat wombat™
AG
I am a CPA and am also allowed. But since I have THREE elementary school kids at home doing online learning right now, it's proving to be difficult.
plowboy1065
S
From the list I saw there isn't much out there that isn't consider an essential service
DrZ
AG
My dry cleaner is open
Bondag
AG
plowboy1065 said:

From the list I saw there isn't much out there that isn't consider an essential service

Beauty salons and abortion clinics are not essential.

People currently finding themselves between homes are allowed to live on the street, but at a 6' distance from others.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.