Houston
Sponsored by

Supporting local businesses

2,898 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chewy
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There has been a lot of talk about supporting local businesses in addition to restaurants. I started this thread so we could post ones that we love to do business with and any specials they might be having right now.

I realize times are about to get tough for A LOT of us, but if you want/need to make a purchase, consider buying local first.

Two of my faves:

Jentry Kelley Cosmetics - Houston born and raised make up artist who started her own line of amazing cosmetics and skin care. She's offering 20% off and free shipping until the end of the month.

Manready Mercantile - my son loves his handmade in Houston leather belt and wallet. Offering different deals each day.
Koldus131
AG
Nm
FtBendTxAg
AG
Good thread..

Weve been ordering carryout or delivery once a day from purely local spots. Would like to continue supporting local other businesses as well.
gigemags2016
Craft Pita just west of Galleria. Great food that is healthy, locally owned and locally sourced. Happy to help him during this rough patch and highly recommend everything on the menu.
TXTransplant
gigemags2016 said:

Craft Pita just west of Galleria. Great food that is healthy, locally owned and locally sourced. Happy to help him during this rough patch and highly recommend everything on the menu.

There is another thread specifically for restaurant specials, if you want to post this there, too.
Trolley Problems
My fianc and I have been ordering takeout from local places all week for this reason. We're stocked up and could survive for a good while in the event of a complete shut-in, so we've been patronizing our favorite local spots while we can:

Cedar Creek: full menu and bar for takeout, including crawfish for $4.99/lb and all alcohol

Max's Wine Dive: great specials on food combos and wine. $99/case on their normal by-the-glass stuff, and they will cut you a deal on their higher end wine as well (damn near at cost to them). Walked out with two bottles of wine that retail for $75/ea for $55 TOTAL.

Maison Pucha: rotating entree specials, and 50% off all wine

That's just our patronage this week. Tons of local places trying to stay afloat. The service industry is notoriously tight margins as it is. The least we can do is try to support local businesses and help them weather this storm. I'd encourage folks with the means to do so to order take out from your local favorites as much as you can during this to help them push through to better times.
Bigballin
AG
Max's wine dive on Fairview has a pretty good special. 2 entrees, 2 sides, and a bottle of wine for $30. They are also selling pints and quarts of frozen mimosas and frose.
LondonAg89
AG
Picked up El Tiempo for dinner and a gallon of margaritas. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm feeling pretty good right now ... at 630
jetch17
AG
For $99 you better be
drumboy
AG
jetch17 said:

For $99 you better be

Not bad. Their carafe is like $60 and it's less than half a gallon.
jetch17
AG
True, I'd probably just order a gallon and pop one of my kids twisty straws into the top and do the same thing
Mikeyshooter
AG
Gallon marg at Ninfas on Memorial is $40.
jetch17
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Gallon marg at Ninfas on Memorial is $40.
CowtownAg06
AG
Good hear we aren't the only ones at Maison Pucha. I'm probably most worried for them of any of the Heights spots. Their food is excellent but that a big space and I don't think people will think of them for takeout.
schmendeler
AG
who wants to open boober for houston?

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/portland-strip-club-forced-to-close-so-dancers-now-do-delivery.html
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
schmendeler said:

who wants to open boober for houston?

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/portland-strip-club-forced-to-close-so-dancers-now-do-delivery.html
Might be an option if we have to close......
Chewy
AG
So what's the best deal on actual to go margaritas with tequila in the Tine?

What's a pound of fajitas and gallon of margs go for at ET?
drumboy
AG
Chewy said:

I think Tony's had a good deal on a 32oz tub of margaritas but TABC had an issue with the packaging or something.
jetch17
AG
Chewy said:

$35/lb fajitas
$99/gallon margs
Chewy
AG
No sheet? $100 for a gallon of margs??? Dayum!!!
htxag09
AG
Juanitas has a gallon for $80
jja79
AG
I could have 10 Texas Minis for that price. I never understood the El Tiempo popularity. It seems very ordinary and way over priced but maybe that's just me.
HtownAg92
AG
Chewy said:

No sheet? $100 for a gallon of margs??? Dayum!!!
That's 16 8 oz margaritas. Not bad at all.
Chewy
AG
I suppose it's not bad at a restaurant but when I can just grab the same stuff at a liquor store it's up there.

I guess it's the whole perception thing of seeing it from a volume standpoint as opposed to a per drink standpoint.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.