Houston
Sponsored by

Dentist

1,761 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by blue70
blue70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know any dentists who are open and who are good? My teeth have been hurting for about a week. They seem to hurt in the front, but in the past it was a tooth in back, when this happened. My dentist called to cancel and said they had to close until April. I can't tell if I have a cavity, something else, or sensitivity. If it is a cavity, I don't want it to progress.
schmellba99
AG
Don't know if they are open, but a good friend of mine is a dentist in Baytown. Dr. Kristina Fann - she is awesome.
T for Texas
AG
Dr. Childers is open on Fry and Kingsland if you're close to Katy. She does good work and very nice office staff.
CDUB98
AG
Had my toofers cleaned at Dr. Wayne Newell last week.

http://newellandflinndds.com/
Capt.Clay
AG
What side of town? A friend of mine owns a practice up in Spring. They are open and would recommend. Good luck!
blue70
Thank you so much. My mom's friend recommended someone in Missouri City. I am on the west side. Normally, I would just wait, but I don't want this to progress and have to pay even more, or turn into an infection. I will be a new patient at this place, so it come our cheaper.
htxag09
AG
Call a few and explain what's going on. Most are closed for normal visits but still seeing patients for urgent and emergency situations. If you have any trouble finding one, there's a thread on the coronavirus board. lazuras_dc is a friend of mine, but in South Texas, though he may be able to assist.

CV and Dentists Thread
Snipes
AG
Dr V at healthy smiles just behind memorial city mall is great.

https://healthysmileshouston.com/

Went there yesterday and they will still operating and probably still are unless there is a mandatory closure.

blue70
My dentist said they had to close, so I don't know if it is a Houston thing, or what.
TexAg2001
AG
David Silberman in Bellaire. Full service dentist that includes orthodontia. My daughter has an ortho follow up tomorrow so we called today to see if they are still open. The office said they are open, but are seeing limited patients. They may only be seeing patients that had a standing appointment, but it may be worth it for you to call and see what they say.
rayneag
AG
My dentist sent this out:

Bryan Ritchey DDS
713-461-5770
8803 Gaylord
Houston, TX 77024

Dear Patients,

As our community continues to feel the impact of the new COVID-19, we think it's important to assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to mantain your health and safety and that of your dental team.
  • We will be using all available space in the entire office buiding, roughly 6000 Sq/ft with eleven operatories, to maintain seperation.
  • We ask that upon arrival you and your family wash your hands.
  • We ask that if any family memeber is sick or has a cough, fever, upset stomach, etc.., please reshedule your appointment.
  • We will have disinfected all high touch points throughout the day.
As COVID-19 information is updated, we will change any of our procedures accordingly.

Thanks,

Your Dental Team

Ag_07
AG
Seeing as one of the biggest things is don't touch your face the last place I would go is the dentist.

Kinda creeps me out just thinking about it.
blue70
Thanks ! I have an appointment for Thursday, unless this one calls and cancels. Then I will try one of your recommendations.
Jack Cheese
AG
blue70
I know, right. Hahaha. It does not hurt that bad yet. Just don't want it to become that bad, or become an infection.
blue70
I just saw that KPRC is going to report on dentist appointments tomorrow morning, because a lot of people have asked about it.
Ghost91
Cousin works for a dental company. She and a crap ton of coworkers were placed on 'indefinite' unpaid leave this morning with no notice. Just BAM.
blue70
That is too bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.