Houston
Sponsored by

texans trading for David Johnson

6,460 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoxingAg84
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

i hope we aren't giving up much
sts7049
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
WTH?
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
sts7049 said:

i hope we aren't giving up much
Took literally only 3 minutes for this to age poorly.
digging tunnels
AG
Once again, Texans prove they are run by a bunch of damn morons. Bill O'Brien jackass #1 still
MJ20/20
AG
Your best player for a guy that can't stay healthy at the most injury prone position.
randy828
AG
I seriously thought this was a joke...but no....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28911551/cardinals-get-deandre-hopkins-ship-rb-david-johnson-texans
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
K Bo
AG
aTm2004
AG
**** Asschin!

BQ_90
AG
Anyone missing Rick Smith.
RK
AG
are the texans thinking that the nfl will never return from the covid offseason?
HtownAg92
AG
Wow. David Johnson? A top-2 or 3 WR in the NFL for a backup, never-was?

At least they are stacked at WR. Stills and Glass Fuller and a couple of other spares.
BMX Bandit
CDUB98
AG
Texans management is a group of some of the dumbest ****sticks I've ever seen.
Chewy
AG
I'm assuming BOB called the Cardinals to offer this. If so, did the Cardinals call their IT department to verify the location and number of the call to make sure they weren't being pranked?

Surely the Cards didn't have the balls to make this offer. This is one of these deals in fantasy football you wouldn't even try to pull over on the dumbest owner knowing if they did accept it would be vetoed by everyone else.

Yet here we are...
Serotonin
AG
This trade is so bad that there should probably be an FBI investigation.
LeftyAg89
AG
Exactly, this trade would not be allowed in FFL, would it?
Let alone the real thing!
randy828
AG
Quote:

Even by Bill O'Brien's standards, the Cardinals and Texans made a stunning trade on Monday afternoon. Houston traded away arguably its second-most valuable player in star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, netting oft-injured running back David Johnson and a second-round pick in the process.

While I appreciate O'Brien's thoughtfulness in giving us a fascinating swap to discuss in these sport-free times, I feel for Texans fans who just lost a franchise icon in the prime of his career.

Even by Bill O'Brien's standards, the Cardinals and Texans made a stunning trade on Monday afternoon. Houston traded away arguably its second-most valuable player in star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, netting oft-injured running back David Johnson and a second-round pick in the process.

While I appreciate O'Brien's thoughtfulness in giving us a fascinating swap to discuss in these sport-free times, I feel for Texans fans who just lost a franchise icon in the prime of his career.

Let's start with Johnson, who should have had negative trade value, especially after the Cardinals slapped the transition tag on Kenyan Drake earlier this morning. Johnson is now three years removed from his only productive NFL season. He missed almost the entire 2017 season with a wrist injury and has been a replacement-level back over the last two seasons. The Cardinals' offense instantly got better when they replaced him with Drake, who was available for a late-round pick from the Dolphins.

.....I honestly admire Arizona general manager Steve Keim's audacity in even asking to swap fourth-rounders; it's as if someone offered you $1,000 for your VHS copy of "Mr. Deeds" and you asked that person for more before saying yes.

That half of the deal alone is a disaster for the Texans. The other half -- shipping out an unquestioned, bona fide star at wide receiver for the 40th pick in the draft -- is somehow even worse. I don't need to tell you how good Hopkins is, but remember that he was even posting huge numbers while O'Brien was saddling him with anonymous tall quarterbacks like Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler, let alone once Deshaun Watson got there.

....Even if Hopkins falls flat on his face in Arizona and Johnson returns to form in Houston, this would be a disastrous trade for the Texans in terms of failing to maximize or remotely comprehend player value, which has repeatedly been a problem for O'Brien.
Could it possibly be an early April fools joke? WTF?
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
HtownAg92
AG
LeftyAg89 said:

Exactly, this trade would not be allowed in FFL, would it?
Let alone the real thing!
It would be voted down for sure. Thinking of it in those terms, Hopkins is a top WR1, first round guy. Johnson was the guy 5 years ago that people reached for because of potential that never really materialized, but is now a RB3 at best, someone picked up in the 7th or 8th round after you've picked all your QB, TE, RBs and WRs and you are looking for bye week replacements. He's was not a RB1 on his own team last year.

BOB is a dipsheeeet. Cal is in over his head. Just dumb dumb dumb.
Tom Hagen
AG
I'm done.
White Liberals=The Worst
Clown show. F the Texans. I may go all in on Cowboys in protest.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I'd rather douse myself in honey and roll around in a fire ant mound. Just give me more college football, starting with the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Completely agree on your first two points.

WTF trades DeAndre Hopkins for literally anyone, let alone some never-has-been no-talent injury-prone RB?
ATM9000
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

I'd rather douse myself in honey and roll around in a fire ant mound. Just give me more college football, starting with the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Completely agree on your first two points.

WTF trades DeAndre Hopkins for literally anyone, let alone some never-has-been no-talent injury-prone RB?

Terrible deal... but you do realize David Johnson had a 2k yard 20 TD season right? He's gotten hurt a lot but he's neither a never has been nor no-talent,
digging tunnels
AG
I never thought I would miss Rick Smith
. . .
Quote:

https://theathletic.com/1679279/

When a team has the chance to swap an All-Pro receiver for a declining running back with a burdensome contract, it simply must take the deal.

That at least seems to be Bill O'Brien's logic, which sent shockwaves through the NFL on Monday, when the Texans traded wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins in exchange for running back David Johnson. Perhaps social distancing is making O'Brien go crazy and lose all sense of value. Or more likely, and more damning for the Texans, the team's new general manager has never developed such sense.
sts7049
AG
2k rushing and receiving combined. and that was 4 years ago.

only ~1200 rushing that year, which is not far from half of his 5yr career total...
ATM9000
AG
sts7049 said:

only ~1200 rushing that year, which is not far from half of his 5yr career total...

Neat... didn't say I liked the trade.

But no talent, never has been RB's don't have 2k yards from scrimmage years.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/3/16/21182369/deandre-hopkins-trade-houston-texans-fan-reaction

Art.
tylercsbn9
AG
Anyone see what the Vikings just got in return for Diggs????
94chem
Dang, even as a lifelong Dallas fan, I feel sorry for you guys. I also feel sorry for all the other teams in the league that didn't get a fair chance to rip off Houston first.
mm98
AG
ATM9000 said:

sts7049 said:

Neat... didn't say I liked the trade.

But no talent, never has been RB's don't have 2k yards from scrimmage years.
Would you compromise with the title of "one hit wonder"?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
ATM9000 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Terrible deal... but you do realize David Johnson had a 2k yard 20 TD season right? He's gotten hurt a lot but he's neither a never has been nor no-talent,
Nope, did not know. This is how I saw him described somewhere else.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
94chem said:

Dang, even as a lifelong Dallas fan, I feel sorry for you guys. I also feel sorry for all the other teams in the league that didn't get a fair chance to rip off Houston first.
Ags #1
AG
Lol
AgsMyDude
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.