Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,539 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reply back in a month and ask if they're still alive
TAM85
TXTransplant said:

Exactly. But it's disproportionately hurting those kids who come from unstable, economically disadvantaged homes. The kids of most middle class and definitely upper middle class families will be fine.

Just like forcing places that use unskilled or minimally-skilled labor to remain closed hurts that class of people. Those of us (some, not all) doing our white-collar jobs from home this whole time are acting like it's NBD.

Eventually, when restrictions are lifted, the only people who are going to be able to afford the things that we all used to enjoy are the ones who insisted on keeping everything shut down. And I think they know that.
Based on what I have seen driving around Houston the yard guys, sub-contractors and laborers are killing it.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Considering her past, I don't blame him.
htxag09
AG
lol. That's not why people aren't getting vaccinated
BohunkAg
AG
Theoretically the VP and President should set an example for everyone else. Kissing with a damned mask on is stupid. Sad times we live in.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
aTm2004 said:

Considering her past, I don't blame him.

aTm2004
AG
BohunkAg said:

Theoretically the VP and President should set an example for everyone else. Kissing with a damned mask on is stupid. Sad times we live in.

They're also being insensitive to same sex couples. Imagine what little Bobby is thinking after only seeing her moms kiss?
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Wait, so you're argument is that people who follow this leadership aren't getting it because of this?!?! These are the people who not only got the vaccine, but changed their Facebook profile to say they got the vaccine because they care and still gladly wear masks themselves.

You'd have had more of a case if you said it was the opposite side not getting the vaccine because they use this to show things won't open up, etc, even if they get it. But even that's just a deflection. They don't get it because they believe this is just the flu and zero risk to them.
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
Quote:

But even that's just a deflection.
i don't agree

of the 45% of adults unvaccinated, i'd probably put a hard f***-no response at somewhere less than half of that group

the remaining mushy middle is gettable, but you're going to need to give them a bigger carrot than "you might get sick" or "omg you're going to kill grandma" or "if you don't do this you're a bad person"

because none of that s*** is working if you haven't noticed

you can probably get shots in the arms of 75% of americans, but the negotiation gets tougher with every mile

but that's why these public officials advertise themselves as leaders, right?
beerad12man
AG
htxag09 said:

The theatrics of it over the last couple of months, with how vaccinated politicians are behaving? You're kidding yourself if you don't think at least some on the fence say why even bother. A trend back to normal would go a long way.
TarponChaser
beerad12man said:

htxag09 said:

The theatrics of it over the last couple of months, with how vaccinated politicians are behaving? You're kidding yourself if you don't think at least some on the fence say why even bother. A trend back to normal would go a long way.

100% this.

Why go through the hassle of getting vaccinated and the known side effects that occur in a fairly large segment of those who receive it and the as-yet unknown long-term side effects if the public officials won't commit to complete removal of restrictions for the vaccinated and population at large?

The wife and I had covid right after Thanksgiving and it was an extremely mild case. If not for the covid hysteria I'd have just thought I had a mild cold of some kind- just about 36 hours of body aches and fatigue. Same for her, she thought it was just a little allergies until she lost her sense of smell for about a week. We certainly didn't quarantine from the kids either and they've been around other known covid infections without ever exhibiting any symptoms whatsoever. In fact, with us working from home we're able to spend more time outside so neither kid has been sick at all in over a year, which is kind of remarkable considering they've been in-person school since August and full bore on all activities.

Anyway, the wife and I donated blood last week and still exhibit antibodies 6 months after being infected. So, with that in mind and the refusal to remove all these dumbass restrictions along with the potential illness and pain from the vaccine, why in the hell would we get a vaccine that's worse than our experience with the actual virus? What is our motivation?
BohunkAg
AG
What is journalism?

jetch17
AG
Oh FFS
Jack Klompus
AG
Lockdown Lina and Jus Cheel Sly cancelled the State of the County and City addresses with Greater Houston Partnership after GHP wouldn't come out against the States voting bill.

But still Code Red
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
TarponChaser said:

TXTransplant said:

Exactly. But it's disproportionately hurting those kids who come from unstable, economically disadvantaged homes. The kids of most middle class and definitely upper middle class families will be fine.

Just like forcing places that use unskilled or minimally-skilled labor to remain closed hurts that class of people. Those of us (some, not all) doing our white-collar jobs from home this whole time are acting like it's NBD.

Eventually, when restrictions are lifted, the only people who are going to be able to afford the things that we all used to enjoy are the ones who insisted on keeping everything shut down. And I think they know that.
I'm not convinced this will be the case.

A great number of those middle class and upper-middle class kids will be psychologically impaired. They'll be socially stunted and fear-driven. They will have drilled into them this anti-liberty, anti-science (which it is despite what libs claim), and anti-social mentality which will definitely impact them later in life.

I can see it already when I take my boys to school and I see these middle school kids masked up at the bus stop outside or walking around the neighborhood in masks. An entire generation has been lied to by their parents, teachers, and government. And those kids who's parents haven't discussed the realities with their kids are in trouble.

I don't disagree, but right now, all their parents care about is giving their kids an advantage by keeping them online. They can afford tutors or have a stay at home parent who can hover over the kids. The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of middle and upper class suburban kids who have benefited from virtual school, at least if you look no further than GPA. Who cares about their mental health and ability to function in the world if now they are top 10% or 4.0.

But middle class is where the greatest divide is. You've got parents like myself who knows there is more to life than perfect grades or getting into a specific school. I really don't see the "elite" keeping schools closed as any different than paying someone to take your kid's tests, making a big donation in return for admittance, or faking being on a sports team. It just works out that using Covid as an excuse for your kid to get an advantage won't land you in jail. Especially when you do it under the guise of "protecting" the disadvantaged because they are at higher risk for Covid.

I don't want my kid to excel at the expense of others, and I don't want it for myself, either. But I don't view life as some sort of competition or think that there is only so much success to go around. It's available to anyone, as long as you don't throw ridiculous roadblocks - like closing schools for over a YEAR - in their way.

I never imagined I'd see such blatant and widespread advancement of self-interest be (falsely) promoted as a civic and moral duty to "save lives". It's so condescending, hypocritical, and is exactly the very "privilege" that they claim they want to end.
swimmerbabe11
**** THAT BULL****

so frustrated by this. more than anything else, these are the effects we will see long term.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
jenn96
AG
Has anyone seen a chart that shows what percentage of those who don't plan to get vaccinated have already had Covid? It has to be a significant percentage. And that impacts total herd immunity as well as providing a reasonably logical reason why people aren't taking it - they're not "hesitant"; they just don't need it. Yet I've never seen this figure.
swimmerbabe11
I've seen lots of articles on the same subject. My brother is in Big Brothers Big Sisters and has watched his little's progress go up and down as he has been in and out of school.

he posts lots of articles about this stuff on Twitter. To him, it is the biggest evidence of the cure is worse than the disease.
Seabreeze
According to the current administration and news organizations its Southern states that are "hesitant". And they are probably right. Southerners like to think for themselves, people to the West and North say this is "Simple-minded"
kubiak03
AG
There will be calls out at the federal level to spend billions more and set up special fliers/affirmative action programs for those "left behind" by dumb liberal politicians. It will be "think of the children" times 10 along with a good dose of CRT/evil whitey as it will be the big city democrat controlled kids most affected by their leaders idiotic decisions.

I'm amazed how these blue states/cities can completely ignore the science of how kids are not affected by covid and keeping them out of schools is so damaging. Liberal cognitive dissonance is amazing.

This is all planned and assists their narrative/ideology. Means to an end.
Stat Monitor Repairman
For anyone who has taken the vaccine, was their any review of your medical history by a doctor and discussion of potential side effects and risks based on your age and risk profile?

It sounds like traditional notions of 'informed consent' have gone out the window.

Do you just roll up your sleeve and they inject you with whatever they have on hand? Did you even meet with a doctor?
kubiak03
AG
Of you go to a drive through one it is literally a human version of a cattle shoot. They ask if you are ok with the vaccine and away you go.
gougler08
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

For anyone who has taken the vaccine, was their any review of your medical history by a doctor and discussion of potential side effects and risks based on your age and risk profile?

It sounds like traditional notions of 'informed consent' have gone out the window.

Do you just roll up your sleeve and they inject you with whatever they have on hand? Did you even meet with a doctor?

Mine was given by the pharmacist at Walmart...so yeah I hope they at least injected the right stuff
drumboy
AG
It was similar to the flu shots at work, fill out the online questionnaire and get the shot. Arm was slightly sore after.
CowtownAg06
AG

Like every vaccine it's your job to figure it out before you sign up. It's not on the pharmacy or government like so many other things.
AgLiving06

When my wife was pregnant with our first kid, I got the DTAP shot without any of the above.

I walked into HEB last year and got the flu shot without any of this.

Kinda seems like you're trying to make this vaccine different than most other shots...
DustysLineup
AG
You get a checklist and info sheet beforehand (though you probably need to research that on your own if you're just walking in).

Only questions when I sat down were if id had a fever or Covid symptoms or other illnesses within x days.
jenn96
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Like every vaccine it's your job to figure it out before you sign up. It's not on the pharmacy or government like so many other things.

Absolutely. I have a history of anaphylaxis so I went through a doctor first, then got my shot at a med clinic just in case. But it was my responsibility.
First Page Last Page
Page 407 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.