Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,452 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First quarantine announced in Houston at Rice:

There have also been unconfirmed rumours floating around about case(s) at Methodist.

Post updates here about school and office closures, Costco lines, nextdoor hysteria, etc.
Premium
AG
Costco lines were crazy yesterday. I went to Costco fully intending to "stock up".

Wife didn't want a value pack of Wolf Brand chili and it fell apart from there. She clearly wasn't taking this seriously. So I gave up, we got samples, tested out the massage chair Road Show and got nothing worthy of a Coronavirus supply.

I might try again today.
redag06
Went to Costco yesterday, for regular stuff. But did notice that canned chicken and tuna had a dent in the pallet.

Also saw some folks in masks, but they were Asian so that happens all the time
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
QuaranTine
wessimo
AG
Kroger sentiment check:

Pallets of water everywhere in the store (hangover from the water main break).
Noticable dent in the supply of some things like canned goods and cold meds.
Powdered milk sold out (kinda niche item).
Only saw a couple people who looked like they were shopping for the apocalypse (one lady had a cart full of bottles water and maxi pads).
wessimo
AG
wessimo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
COVID 19 is so last year. I am rockin the COVID 20 and my kids are already bugging me about the COVID 21.
wessimo
AG
Don't expect any announcement of local cases just yet, because they still aren't testing. Houston lab is supposed to get the fixed test kits from CDC "soon."

Post removed:
by user
flown-the-coop
AG
The issue becomes if they come on the news and ask a certain school district, area, neighborhood, suburb, etc that they "recommend" staying in place, people will run on those stores so hard you won't see anything for at least a week. I live in DFW, after Harvey the gas shortage thing, totally unsubstantiated, caused a run on gas. We had to wait a couple of days to fill up and it became an issue.

Buying bottled water is stupid. Buying dry goods and meat you can freeze and otherwise use down the road just seems prudent.
wessimo
AG
Update - at least one person (of the 472 nationwide test count) from Harris county has tested negative by the CDC.

TriAg2010
AG
wessimo
AG
Love it!
Boo Weekley
That's awesome
98Ag99Grad
AG
anyone know anything about this local company: vaccine

FHKChE07
AG
About two weeks ago or maybe more, there was a story on the local news about it the local team, but I could have sworn it was at Baylor, that had already created the vaccine because they had created one for SARS but SARS became not a thing so fast that it never went into production. So they had already done the research as this isn't that different. The problem is the 18 months it takes before it is ready for production.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah lots of protocols to go through before it's ready for distribution if it even works
wessimo
AG
Per the press conference today, the test for the Rice person was sent to CDC today. Results expected Wednesday or Thursday.

Will have capability to do tests in the Houston lab in 7-10 days.
Ag_07
AG
So wasn't even thinking and stopped by HEB Bunker Hill today for normal groceries and it was a mad house.

Shelves wiped clean, people grabbing shlt by the armful, and limits on some stuff.

The lady in front of me had 2 carts full of shlt and a $500 tab.
Premium
AG
Premium said:

Costco lines were crazy yesterday. I went to Costco fully intending to "stock up".

Wife didn't want a value pack of Wolf Brand chili and it fell apart from there. She clearly wasn't taking this seriously. So I gave up, we got samples, tested out the massage chair Road Show and got nothing worthy of a Coronavirus supply.

I might try again today.

So we ended up at HEB on Sunday afternoon just in time for the madhouse.

We kept reminding each other that yes this was Coronavirus demand, but this is also peak grocery shopping time on a typical week. Sure, the Lysol Disinfecting detergent was gone, but isn't that what the hottest setting on a modern washer is supposed to do anyways? We didn't feel like we were missing out.

Yes, our trip was $300 and we have more canned goods and carbs than our New Years resolution would allow, but the other shoppers made us feel good. The mom who packed her cart at least one foot higher than us and then topped it off with a six pack of wine had us all beat.

Bottom line is we have already started to enjoy the fruits of our labor. The family sized Kit Kat's, Reese's and York Peppermints have already found their way into a nice community jar where we can partake while we are "stuck indoors" .
94chem
wessimo said:

I went to the website and still can't tell what it is.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
It's not that difficult to find unless you just don't try.

https://ceraweek.com/about/index.html
94chem
Marauder Blue 6 said:

It's not that difficult to find unless you just don't try.

https://ceraweek.com/about/index.html

I knew what agora was. That's where Paul delivered his sermon in Acts 17.

"All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas."

Seems about right.
Waltonloads08
AG
wessimo said:

Per the press conference today, the test for the Rice person was sent to CDC today. Results expected Wednesday or Thursday.

Will have capability to do tests in the Houston lab in 7-10 days.

Rice person is not the preferred nomenclature my dude.

Asian American please.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lol, big blue star my man.
wessimo
AG
So much for transparency. Still 7-10 days until they can run tests locally so looks like at least the first week of rodeo is safe from cancellation.

BMX Bandit
wessimo said:

So much for transparency. Still 7-10 days until they can run tests locally so looks like at least the first week of rodeo is safe from cancellation.

you thought the rodeo might be cancelled?

ok
IrishTxAggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

ok
Go check out his post on the Coronavirus thread on F16 and you'll realize he loves the fear mongering.
wessimo
AG
If testing was currently happening at a local level it is likely that they would have found dozens of cases by now and there would be a lot of pressure to cancel the rodeo.

FWIW I don't think they should cancel regardless.

I am disturbed that public officials are publicly announcing that they are holding back information.
TXAG 05
AG
wessimo said:

If testing was currently happening at a local level it is likely that they would have found dozens of cases by now and there would be a lot of pressure to cancel the rodeo.

I am disturbed that public officials are publicly announcing that they are holding back information.

What is there to worry about? Lina Hidalgo is on the case.
Furlock Bones
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

ok
Go check out his post on the Coronavirus thread on F16 and you'll realize he loves the fear mongering.
yep, he and a couple of others are doing the chicken little dance. as more information comes to light proving this is not the world ending epidemic, they are doubling down on the conspiracies.
wessimo
AG
randy828
AG
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
BMX Bandit
wessimo said:

Likely? ok. tell us more.

Quote:

they aren't holding back information. They are trying no to create a panic. The rice situation wasn't even "suspected" corona, yet its got people freaking out that the disease is here now.

Saying there are suspected cases does nothing but make people freak out, which it appears you are already doing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.