Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,562 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston Medical Center - South
cone
AG
but we smell our own
Texaggie7nine
I'm glad we agree then.
7nine
aTm2004
AG
China is also a country that will imprison infected families in their homes and kill some of its citizens.

Then there's this: We should be just like Chi. Na.
aTm2004
AG
I think we do agree on most of it. What happens during a bad flu season? More mask requirements? What types of masks? Someone posted a link a few pages back about how some material is ineffective, yet if someone who supports wearing a mask sees someone with a mask made from that material, they just feel better even though it's not effective.
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

sts7049 said:

if we're in a public space where both families have equal right to access or be, then the impact is not the same. your choice then becomes my burden.

your answer to that, which i presume is "tough s***" doesn't fly, sorry.

if that's how you feel then i guess you wouldn't then have a problem with me kicking you out of said public place either for endangering my family.

in principle i have no problem with leaving the decision up to the individual. but it cannot be without consequence.
You're right, tough ***** If you have a problem with it, then leave. If you try to be a bully and trying to kick us out, you better hope you're the big dog on the block or your kids will see daddy get his ass kicked like a *****.
Haha whoa now boys, seems like we have been doing too many at home yoga classes and feeling a bit froggy. We sure don't need any more videos of large men who can't fight like the one from the Auto forum

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3099365

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/fh3hgq/guess_what_city_is_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Texaggie7nine
The big difference in flu and CV is the time from when you start being infectious and when you feel sick. Flu will usually get you feeling crappy within 2-4 days from contracting it, in which case you can self isolate, wear a mask if you have to go out, ect. CV you can go well over a week before feeling sick, or even may not feel sick at all. That means way more people would be out there for way longer periods of time, unknowingly breathing out infectious water droplets with CV than with flu.

CDC advises that even cloth can help with those who are infected from spreading as much virus around than without. Studies show that cloth masks do catch a significant amount of water droplets when breathing out so that reduces the amount of infectious droplets being put out into the air. As far as personal protection, the cloth masks provide little if any.
7nine
aTm2004
AG
jetch17
AG
Lina sure is draggin' cans on getting this presser going
TXTransplant
I have no issue wearing a mask. I ordered some cloth ones because I expected it to come to this.

But this is what I hate about orders like this - a smart, highly educated friend just texted me saying her husband (who is also smart and educated) just ordered them surgical masks and offered me some.

I told her that surgical masks aren't necessary or recommended because health care professionals need them. I said thanks for the offer, but we'd be wearing our cloth masks.

Ugh. People just don't even pay attention!
Ag_07
AG
Well that's all I'm here for!
aTm2004
AG
Ok, I've decided wearing a mask is probably in the best interest of my fellow citizens, so I ordered a couple for me and the wife.

Daddy-O5
AG
Masks are so important they can wait until Monday to be required.
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

Ok, I've decided wearing a mask is probably in the best interest of my fellow citizens, so I ordered a couple for me and the wife.

Haha...I dare you to wear one of those to the grocery store! I'd love to see the looks you get!

I have the masks, and I fully expect my company will require us to wear one when we go back to work. But if they require it, they will provide them.

But, unless Abbott requires it, I'm betting Montgomery County doesn't follow suit. And I would be so tempted to just do my shopping there, since I live right on the border.
TXTransplant
TXTransplant said:

I have no issue wearing a mask. I ordered some cloth ones because I expected it to come to this.

But this is what I hate about orders like this - a smart, highly educated friend just texted me saying her husband (who is also smart and educated) just ordered them surgical masks and offered me some.

I told her that surgical masks aren't necessary or recommended because health care professionals need them. I said thanks for the offer, but we'd be wearing our cloth masks.

Ugh. People just don't even pay attention!

Ok friend just clarified...

Her employer is requiring they go back to the office on May 1. But they are expected to wear surgical or N95 masks. The company ordered some, but they don't expect to have them until May 11. So, in the meantime, employees are expected to bring their own.
Bregxit
AG
Already have my mask...

Agasaurus Tex
AG
Stop with the Spanish PC. This is the US not Mexico.
aTm2004
AG
Not sure where to exactly buy one of those. Adam and Eve?
TXTransplant
That would be my guess.

But I'm SURE there is a poster here who can tell you exactly where to get one!
aTm2004
AG
I live on the border as well. I can drive up to the new HEB in Porter and be just fine and out of Harris county.
aTm2004
AG
Paging Jetch.
jetch17
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

I live on the border as well. I can drive up to the new HEB in Porter and be just fine and out of Harris county.

I don't live on that side of town, but from what I hear from my coworkers, you might want to consider wearing a mask when shopping in Porter, even when there isn't a pandemic!

Of course, they usually reference the Wal-Mart. You might be safe at HEB.

Bondag
AG
aTm2004 said:

Paging Jetch.
His looks like this.

Texan_Aggie
AG
So, how's everyone's day been so far?
aTm2004
AG
Used to live in the neighborhood right next to where they built the new HEB. Wasn't a bad neighborhood and really enjoyed it, but glad we sold and moved before they built everything, because that's calling for an increase in crime.
aTm2004
AG
Slimy yet satisfying.
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

Used to live in the neighborhood right next to where they built the new HEB. Wasn't a bad neighborhood and really enjoyed it, but glad we sold and moved before they built everything, because that's calling for an increase in crime.

An increase because they built the HEB?

I'm within walking distance of an HEB and a Wal-Mart. No one complained about the HEB, but of course, as soon as Wally-World said they were coming, people started screaming about it causing an increase in crime.

I don't think that's been the case. But, even if it was, having those stores so close has been super convenient! I don't really shop at Wal-Mart, but it's nice to be able to tell my kid to bike there and get what he needs, so I don't have to go.
jetch17
TexasAggie008
AG

at least you guys don't have a Baylor law grad leftist do*che running the show, like here in Dallas....on the surface he's an aw shucks country boy (think Art Briles) that just wants whats best for everyone.....but first and foremost he wants to run for governor after "saving Dallas".

loves taking multiple passive-aggressive shots at Abbot per day on twitter, loves over-using the word "science".....would have thought it impossible, but he will likely pass both Art and Ken Starr in the "biggest prototypical Baylor d*ouche of the 2000's" rankings.

(sorry to derail the thread, but misery loves company......Abbott's new order on Monday should erase much of this so hang in there)

TXTransplant
A clip of Keough saying MoCo will not be requiring masks was just shown on KPRC. Galveston Co won't require it, either.
jetch17
AG
I'll await the dirty looks Ill get while riding my bike on the neighborhood trail from the Karen's and dipsh*ts that are already out running in N95s
aTm2004
AG
TXTransplant said:

aTm2004 said:

An increase because they built the HEB?

I'm within walking distance of an HEB and a Wal-Mart. No one complained about the HEB, but of course, as soon as Wally-World said they were coming, people started screaming about it causing an increase in crime.

I don't think that's been the case. But, even if it was, having those stores so close has been super convenient! I don't really shop at Wal-Mart, but it's nice to be able to tell my kid to bike there and get what he needs, so I don't have to go.
Built an HEB, tons of other retail things around it, and put in a giant apartment complex. All that means more traffic in an area with easy access to the freeway.
JYDog90
AG
Sounds like it's possible Hidalgo got a preview of what the Gov is gonna do on Monday (open some stuff up) and she wanted to beat him to the punch to at least have masks in place.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Bregxit
AG
TXTransplant said:

A clip of Keough saying MoCo will not be requiring masks was just shown on KPRC. Galveston Co won't require it, either.

FWIW Keough also said he wasn't going to do a stay at home order and curfew, etc....a day before he did exactly that.
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.