Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,485 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He might as well sew that MFer to his face because that'll never happen
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
Why does the alcohol to go law pave the way to lift the state of emergency? I don't get the connection.
Caliber
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Why does the alcohol to go law pave the way to lift the state of emergency? I don't get the connection.

Because it would be open revolt of they did away with that
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman
Man, we are so ****ed.

I'm not seeing any positive developments.

It ain't all about opening up either.

Feels like the hysteria is somehow escalating, we have not yet reached the apex of whatever is happening.

Anyone else feel that way?

Somebody say something encouraging. For real.
Nitro Power
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Man, we are so ****ed.

Feels like the hysteria is somehow escalating, we have not yet reached the apex of whatever is happening.

Dafuq
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG

Man, we are so ****ed.

I think you're posting in the wrong year.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I'm referring to the mask and vaccine drama. Seems like its escalating.
Nitro Power
AG
Nah, the sheep have been told by their overlords it's okay. I have gotten really good at just ignoring people. I was always some what of an introvert, but covid pushed me further that direction.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Ducks4brkfast
AG

I'm referring to the mask and vaccine drama. Seems like its escalating.

Wut?

Pro tip. Turn off the news and Facebook and there is no mask and vaccine drama.
Stat Monitor Repairman

This is somewhat concerning to me.

Was hoping that this thing would quickly ramp down and we would get back to normal. Seems like we are looking at least another year, maybe more, of society battling over masks, vaccines and covid protocol. I simply don't see a path for society getting back to normal.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
cone
AG
the feds just let everyone know you're on your own now

people might be dicks to each other and likely will into perpetuity, but masking as a symbol of political affiliation hit its high water mark today
beerad12man
AG
Nah. They wanted the big celebration on July 4th. They needed the push to get to 70% of adults(arbitrary but at least it's a clear goal). So they jumped the gun seeing vaccine demand plummet to make that final push

It will be close but they'll declare victory when deaths and hospitalization are down to next to nothing in summer, and vaccination around July 4th approach damn close to 70%. This thing is trending away in the Us.
cone
AG
this is pretty much what I see as well

drew the line at 70% by July 4th and they weren't getting there
Fitch
AG
Yup agreed
Keegan99
AG
Vaccine demand has stopped its decline and has hit a bit of a plateau at over 2MM doses per day.

This had less to do with vaccination trends and far more to do with a wave of bad news, especially on the economic front.

Vaccine projections last week vs this week:

cone
AG
in the lower left chart of the most recent tweet they don't hit 70% by Labor Day

they want to hit 70% in 6 weeks and not be sweating it
beerad12man
AG
Probably both, but 70% by July 4th wasn't happening without more incentives. And beer and a burger wasn't doig it. So I'd say it still has to do at least some with vaccine demand.
beerad12man
AG
Although I don't really know how Ben gets his numbers. By my calculations, assuming the same percentage of those not getting vaccinated having natural immunity, I go from 66% to 69% total immunity with the 5% increase in vaccinations from 5/5 to 5/13 that his graphs show.
ChemAg15
AG
If no one else in the US got the vaccine, the Covid-19 crisis would still be over. These arbitrary targets and metrics are meaningless in regards to public policy. It's a case study now.
TXTransplant
Masks not required at Trader Joe's!!!!
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

Woah, I figured they would take forever given where their corporate is
CFTXAG10
AG
Daddy-O5
TXTransplant
gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

Woah, I figured they would take forever given where their corporate is

So did I. They took the sign down, though. Employees are still masked, and I was about the only customer without one on.
beerad12man
AG
BohunkAg
AG
This is a national media personality.

CFTXAG10
AG
tylercsbn9
AG
So many less people with masks at HEB

ETA the cashier and bagger actually both thanked me for not wearing a mask. They said the sooner more people shed them the quicker they won't have to at work.
aTm2004
AG

Man, we are so ****ed.

Sea Speed
AG
Imagine asking Twitter for advice on the safety of your own children, rhetorical or not.
TXTransplant
The federal mandate requiring masks on airplanes needs to go next. However, I am not optimistic that will happen before our 7 hour flight to Alaska in three weeks.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Imagine asking Twitter for advice on the safety of your own children, rhetorical or not.

And even more so, being so morally certain (however unjustified) that you're following the data and science re: kids when you're actually not because, absent serious conditions, the covid risks for kids is infinitesimal.

With kids this is truly an instance where positive tests/case do not matter in the slightest because even when kids test positive they virtually always have almost no symptoms or after-effects.
Sea Speed
AG
Exactly. The actual data shows that children are of little to no risk whatsoever. Additionally, you know that everyone in her circle is vaccinated, so if the children do happen to get it, and are somehow able to spread it to others, which I believe is also a rarity, her circle of friends has nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, berating her and others like her does nothing to change anyone's mind, and only furthers the divide between the two camps. I legitimately do not see a way for both of the sides to come together on this issue, which means that the angst and spite brought up by all of this will not be going away any time soon. Same can be said for the folks who openly deride those who are not planning to get the vaccine.
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.