Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,497 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TarponChaser said:

beerad12man said:

TarponChaser said:

So my sister called to apologize today but she also told me that she and my BiL made the decision, that even though they're fully vaccinated, they will not be around people who have not been vaccinated while indoors.

They're also planning to get their 10 & 6 (7 in September) year old kids shot up as soon as possible. She was somewhat aghast that we're a hard "no" on vaccinating our kids who are basically the same age as hers any time soon and until there's a whole lot more data.

She was apologetic for the way she communicated her position before but kept going on about how they're following CDC guidelines and about the risks. I asked what she was worried about if she'd been vaccinated and was sure it worked- she reverted to CDC guidelines. I brought up the known, minuscule risks of actually being infected with or having covid to people in our general age group (I'm 44, she's 39) and the even smaller, infinitesimal risks to kids vs. the unknowns of the vaccines due to the lack of long-term data and it was like talking to a wall.

She and my BiL have quite clearly drunk a great deal of the FearAid on this.

It's not even that the wife and I are saying we're never going to get vaccinated. We just feel there's no real risk in waiting until there is far more data on the vaccines.
Tell her the CDC guidelines have changed with the wind, and have been proven wrong time and time again, and to start thinking for herself.

I reminded her the CDC said to cook steaks well-done and avoid sushi and raw oysters too.

So, your sister and BIL - who are vaccinated - are worried about getting covid from someone who is not vaccinated?

Are they going to stop driving and never fly on a plane again, too?
TarponChaser
TXTransplant said:

TarponChaser said:

beerad12man said:

TarponChaser said:

So my sister called to apologize today but she also told me that she and my BiL made the decision, that even though they're fully vaccinated, they will not be around people who have not been vaccinated while indoors.

They're also planning to get their 10 & 6 (7 in September) year old kids shot up as soon as possible. She was somewhat aghast that we're a hard "no" on vaccinating our kids who are basically the same age as hers any time soon and until there's a whole lot more data.

She was apologetic for the way she communicated her position before but kept going on about how they're following CDC guidelines and about the risks. I asked what she was worried about if she'd been vaccinated and was sure it worked- she reverted to CDC guidelines. I brought up the known, minuscule risks of actually being infected with or having covid to people in our general age group (I'm 44, she's 39) and the even smaller, infinitesimal risks to kids vs. the unknowns of the vaccines due to the lack of long-term data and it was like talking to a wall.

She and my BiL have quite clearly drunk a great deal of the FearAid on this.

It's not even that the wife and I are saying we're never going to get vaccinated. We just feel there's no real risk in waiting until there is far more data on the vaccines.
Tell her the CDC guidelines have changed with the wind, and have been proven wrong time and time again, and to start thinking for herself.

I reminded her the CDC said to cook steaks well-done and avoid sushi and raw oysters too.

So, your sister and BIL - who are vaccinated - are worried about getting covid from someone who is not vaccinated?

Are they going to stop driving and never fly on a plane again, too?
You're injecting reason and rational thought to the actual risks here again.

And like clockwork, CDC dropping mask/social distancing recs for the fully vaccinated.

But I'm certain it won't dent her thought process.

Nor will these CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Specifically bullet point #2:
Fully vaccinated people can:
  • Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
  • Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues
  • Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
  • Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
  • Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
  • Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
  • Refrain from routine screening testing if asymptomatic and feasible

lancevance
Corona, as we know it, is over in the US.
DustysLineup
AG
Got my 2nd shot. Excited about being able to have worry-free unprotected sex with strangers again.
TarponChaser
Harry Lime said:

Got my 2nd shot. Excited about being able to have worry-free unprotected sex with strangers again.

Still sitting on that hand aren't you?
Jackal99
AG
Harry Lime said:

Only strangers?
Ag06Law
AG
Just a friendly reminder, even though the Biden CDC now says we can go indoors without masks, for those of us who reside in Harris County, we should still remain in our homes except to leave to buy groceries and medicine.
jetch17
AG
clown world
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Damn. With the CDC's announcement today, what will Dora the Explorer have to fear-monger about now?
BohunkAg
AG
Ag06Law said:

Just a friendly reminder, even though the Biden CDC now says we can go indoors without masks, for those of us who reside in Harris County, we should still remain in our homes except to leave to buy groceries and medicine.
THREAT LEVEL RED
BohunkAg
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Damn. With the CDC's announcement today, what will Dora the Explorer have to fear-monger about now?
Hurricane season is coming up butty
Noble07
AG
Quote:

Yep! How do you go from red straight to green? LOL
beerad12man
AG
Ag_07
AG
Noble07 said:

Quote:

Yep! How do you go from red straight to green? LOL

That's why you never come off red.
tamuags08
AG
Ag06Law said:

Keegan99
AG
Hotez giving himself whiplash.

jetch17
AG
F Hotez.
BohunkAg
AG
This is great.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Keegan99 said:

That guy is such a pr**k.
cone
AG
Keegan99 said:

it's pretty telling that the WH didn't prep public health pandemic celebs with the narrative change

the numbers they saw must have been f-ing horrible
tylercsbn9
AG
I'll be interested to see if this finally gets people to shed masks out in cypress. I haven't worn them in over two months but most still were. Like 95%.

Hopefully this finally gives them the courage to take them off.
cone
AG
the ripcord pull here is pretty damn impressive
Keegan99
AG
cone said:

Keegan99 said:

it's pretty telling that the WH didn't prep public health pandemic celebs with the narrative change

Biden was staring down the barrel of stagflation 2.0.

No one is going back to work and inflation is rampant.

Even Clinton / Obama economist Larry Summers sounded the alarm.
cone
AG
Keegan99 said:

cone said:

Keegan99 said:

Biden was staring down the barrel of stagflation 2.0.

No one is going back to work and inflation is rampant.

Even Clinton / Obama economist Larry Summers sounded the alarm.
100% agree

something spooked the **** out of them

now they have to deal with Fauci and his lack of messaging discipline under questioning
wessimo
AG

Nice!

And also, just now reporting a death from last July???
BohunkAg
AG
I guess Fauci looks stupid once again. The guy can't help himself.
BohunkAg
AG
Outbreaks are uncontrolled, present, and worsening....testing and contact tracing capacity is strained or exceeded

cone
AG
predict the day that meter is quietly removed
XpressAg09
AG
Ag06Law said:

If that woman holds any public meetings or fundraising while threat level midnight, someone needs to call her out on her BS.
Jackal99
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Ag06Law said:

If that woman holds any public meetings or fundraising while threat level midnight, someone needs to call her out on her BS.
She gave it a thumbs up on Facebook. Then someone asked her if it's "straight to code green."
jetch17
htxag09
AG
nm
beerad12man
AG
BohunkAg said:

This is great.

Oh that's awesome. The funny thing is, it will be the opposite. When you go into a store, 90% of those wearing a mask will be vaccinated, and 90% not wearing a mask will be unvaccinated
Marvin_Zindler
AG
cone said:

the ripcord pull here is pretty damn impressive
Middle East is on fire, inflation is on the rise, CPI data sucks, Russia hacked us and cut off gas supply to the East coast. Plus the border is still a disaster.

Gotta change the narrative.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 414 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.