Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,497 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drumboy said:

Nitro Power said:

Costco is annoying with their stance on it. At my local store they have a person posted handing them out.

My local HEB however, does not even have signs up.
Costco is a very liberal store so if their politics outweigh the great shopping experience and well-priced hot dogs & rotisserie chicken then might stick to ratchety Sams.
Those hot dogs seem like a good idea right up until the last bite hits bottom; then you taste it for the next day and a half.
MelvinUdall
chimpanzee said:

drumboy said:

Nitro Power said:

Costco is annoying with their stance on it. At my local store they have a person posted handing them out.

My local HEB however, does not even have signs up.
Costco is a very liberal store so if their politics outweigh the great shopping experience and well-priced hot dogs & rotisserie chicken then might stick to ratchety Sams.
Those hot dogs seem like a good idea right up until the last bite hits bottom; then you taste it for the next day and a half.

So true...
one MEEN Ag
AG
Well then don't eat the last bite.
aTm2004
AG
Seeing less and less masks at the Kingwood HEB. Was rare to see someone without a mask up until the last couple weeks where it seems 20% or more are maskless...even the blue hairs.

Three B's also doesn't require them. Our waitress last visit wasn't even wearing one.
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

I was turned away at total wine at the door. Here, buy all this **** that will kill you with enough consumption over time, but make sure you have a mask on to do it.

This just kills me, not just wrt the virus, but the vaccine, too.

I have several friends who have Botox, lip injections, breast implants, and fake nails (the UV lamps you put your hands under to cure the nails are known to cause skin cancer) and consume significant amounts of alcohol on a regular basis...

But they have "autoimmune" or think vaccines are "unproven" and "toxic", so they won't get the shot.

Anytime a topic about health - whether or be about "toxic" vaccines or "toxic" food - I like to say that alcohol is the #1 carcinogen and mutagen that we voluntarily put into our bodies. Sometimes while actually pointing to a glass of wine.
MelvinUdall
I think I am going to see photos of the breast implant women...
TXTransplant
Go to any restaurant at Market Street or Hughes Landing in The Woodlands on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night, and you'll see them in person. They're everywhere (the implants, not necessarily my friends).
Jett01
AG
Ranger #007 said:

For those interested, here's the places we've been in the League City area that are either totally maskless or don't care:

Skallywags
Voodoo Hut
Bakkhus
Craft 96 (staff in masks, but they don't care)
Center Court Pizza
Jackie's Brickhouse
Barge 295 and The Yard
Cabo (got dragged there after my wife's high school reunion last weekend).

Also:
Molly's
Texas Huddle
Over/Under

If Craft 96 didn't care, then J Henry's is the same
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Forgot about that.

Beers Looking at You ain't particularly worried about it either.
TX04Aggie
AG
Inside the loop/ beltwayhere is where I have found that have removed signs, or only suggested signs, or just ignore the signs:
El Tiempo
Jason's Deli
Presslee's
Bungalow Heights
Cookshack
B&B
Pappa's brands
Willie's Icehouse
Taste of Texas
Berryhill
Barking Pig
Valencias
Candente
Pit Room
Adair Kitchen

Big boxes w signs, but no enforcement or care
Lowes
Hone Depot
Kroger
Walmart
Big Lots
Freebirds
HEB hasnt hassled me at all (heights and bunker hill)

The 24 hour fitness I go too has been mask free since mandate was lifted and this week they got ride of the mask only section, where they converted a basketball court to a masked only workout area (no one used it). So it is back to basketball now.

Post removed:
by user
beerad12man
AG
TarponChaser said:

beerad12man said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

From end of March. With Aprils cases I just added that to the 114 million at the same rate.

So roughly 99.5% survive with few or no long-lasting effects. Remind me again why we've devastated the economy, destroyed lives, and irreparably harmed the development of millions of children?

What was the mortality rate of the flu before the flu vaccine was developed or widespread?
The great reset? Liberals are emotional? I really don't know. But we made a bad situation worse. The deaths would have been the same. I was "okay" with the first two weeks, but knew when that was extended we were in trouble and likely making a mistake. I kept wondering why with the data we have coming out that they don't just be honest with us, tell us who to protect, keep it out of nursing homes, and let the young/healthy carry the economy.
jetch17
AG
a little off topic, but Lina's having quite the little hissy fit on the socials about the voter suppression bill passed last night

voter suppression > county covid suppression
Daddy-O5
AG
Go figure, healthy folks going to a gym regularly who are at little to no risk on the part of the virus would rather not sweat into a petri dish on their face.

What could we possibly learn from this?
TarponChaser
SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Mask only gym section

I go to 24 hour and they did the same, no one used the mask only section so they took it down. Gyms and church have always been my Covid free no mask zones.

My LifeTime fitness up here removed their mask requirements when Abbott dropped the mandate. Previously you had to wear it when you checked in and they had temperature scanners but once on the workout floor it was mask-free.

And they re-opened up pretty early last year. In fact, their policies and the YMCA's total failure to be rational is why I cancelled the YMCA membership last year and went to LifeTime.

I actually torqued my shoulder a while back and have been trying to get right but nothing has worked so I've been to see a guy a couple times who is a chiro, physical therapist, and does all kinds of PT and rehab work. A huge percentage of his clientele are professional athletes here in Houston. Anyway, his office is near the Med Center off Main & Braeswood- in the 2 visits to see him no requests that I wear a mask and plenty of unmasked people in there. He and his staff have been doing the whole "wear the mask around your neck and pull it up if somebody gripes" routine. They get it.

But being down in that area I really question the intelligence of some people. The truly stupid, anti-science people are the kind like the 4 different people I saw out running in the 80-degree, sunny weather on the Braes Bayou trail while wearing masks.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm in such a dilemma with work. I have zero desire to get the vaccine, but I know my work will make life a living hell if I dont get it. They can leave me in limbo for weeks or months, or effectively demote me under the guise of "needs of the fleet" or send me overseas where I will effectively be confined to the ship because countries won't let others off without the vaccine. It is very frustrating to be in this position. I have been inoculated against dn near everything and don't mind getting shots, but this whole situation obviously leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like if I get it I will be letting myself down and going against my principles. I hate the weak ass resolve this country has these days.
To me, providing for your family >>> limited concerns about an emergency use vaccine. I got it as my work will require international travel most likely before year end and don't feel bad about my choice at all
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
third coast.. said:

I'm in such a dilemma with work. I have zero desire to get the vaccine, but I know my work will make life a living hell if I dont get it. They can leave me in limbo for weeks or months, or effectively demote me under the guise of "needs of the fleet" or send me overseas where I will effectively be confined to the ship because countries won't let others off without the vaccine. It is very frustrating to be in this position. I have been inoculated against dn near everything and don't mind getting shots, but this whole situation obviously leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like if I get it I will be letting myself down and going against my principles. I hate the weak ass resolve this country has these days.

I could be completely misinformed but if you absolutely have to get vaccinated go with the J&J. As I understand it, this one is based on a more tested formulation for vaccines and apart from the very rare blood clots in women (I believe it was 6 cases in nearly 7 million administered doses) there are fewer side effects.
gougler08
AG
It is a ****ty position to be in, no doubt
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

third coast.. said:

I could be completely misinformed but if you absolutely have to get vaccinated go with the J&J. As I understand it, this one is based on a more tested formulation for vaccines and apart from the very rare blood clots in women (I believe it was 6 cases in nearly 7 million administered doses) there are fewer side effects.
The J&J vaccine is ****e though......may as well get sugar water
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

third coast.. said:

Based on what? Everything I've read is that the J&J vaccine has a 72% efficacy rate here in the USA at preventing infection, which is better than most flu vaccines IIRC. Also, it's thought to offer longer lasting protection. Plus, I personally prefer the older, more traditional vaccine formulation vs. the mRNA experiments. But, as stated above I'm not likely to get vaccinated for a while unless I absolutely have to.
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

third coast.. said:

Based on what? Everything I've read is that the J&J vaccine has a 72% efficacy rate here in the USA at preventing infection, which is better than most flu vaccines IIRC. Also, it's thought to offer longer lasting protection. Plus, I personally prefer the older, more traditional vaccine formulation vs. the mRNA experiments. But, as stated above I'm not likely to get vaccinated for a while unless I absolutely have to.
I suppose if you look at it like "if you have to get a shot of something" you get that one.......the mRNA is not really an experiment. It's been around a while. It has just not really been rolled out on a mass basis.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Pfizer is applying tot he FDA for full approval, no more EUA on their vaccine.

I spoke with my pulmonologist earlier this week and he said it should be approved by the end of this month. If that makes you feel any better.

I'm in the same boat, I have no intention of taking the vaccine while it's EUA, and it will also depend on how the dems try to make life miserable without it. Still WFH with non plans to return to office as far as I've been told.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I got the Pfizer vaccine - both rounds done. My dick didn't fly off and I had minimal side effects. My motivation was to just act like I'm vaccinated and be done with this nonsense. A friend of mine that is a massive corona-Karen and has almost literally not been out of his house in over a year got both rounds, waited 14 days, and immediately stopped being a corona-Karen.

There is no database that I'm aware of that lists who is vaccinated but I have a filled-out CDC card. Word is that you can get a blank one for around $50. So worst case, just bribe someone for a card and fill it out.
cone
AG
Moderna, both shots

so i had fever and chills the day after the second shot, big f***ing deal

dudes used to have to get shot at on the regular as part of growing up. man the f up.
AustinCountyAg
nothing like getting a vaccine and having worse side effects from that then actually catching the china virus (healthy adult talking here)
AgCPA95
AG
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

third coast.. said:

The wife and just took the easiest path with one and done on the J&J. Bonus as she didn't die from blood clots either!
Daddy-O5
AG
cone said:

Moderna, both shots

so i had fever and chills the day after the second shot, big f***ing deal

dudes used to have to get shot at on the regular as part of growing up. man the f up.
Get the shot because "man up"? Oh well in that case sign me up!
beerad12man
AG
I think either are of equal safety. As in, both incredibly safe in the grand scheme of it. J&J was one out of every 84k women of a certain age range getting a severe blood clot, but that's been all they've really found as a true indicator of safety.

Both vaccines create the same spiked protein. Moderna/Pfizer used mRNA to produce it, J&J uses an adenovirus. But the actual vaccine is essentially out of your system in a few days, and now it's just about memory. For all intents and purposes, any negative long term effects would almost assuredly be seen within a couple of weeks, and traditional vaccines of the past have all seen negative effects within 6-8 weeks. There's really no reason to wait 4, 5, years for these effects. They would almost certainly start to rear there ugly heads sooner. It's why Pfizer might be approved outright this month, after just a year. In reality, these have been under more scrutiny and followed publicly more than any vaccine in history. The fact that there are so few issues is incredible.

J&J is likely just as effective as the others. It's about 72% initially(after a couple of days), and then believe to be up over 90% after a few weeks. It gets stronger, and it was tested in a later time of the pandemic working against many other variants. Basically the same rate of prevention of death(as close to zero as realistically possible) and hospitalizations.

https://www.chop.edu/news/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-vaccine
First Page Last Page
Page 409 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.