Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,598 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Noble07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Here's the article.

https://outline.com/stat1k/gNMqY6.html
Tough to read, but not surprising at all. Years from now I doubt any of this is even talked about. That's the most frustrating thing for me...we should spend a lot of time evaluating our public policy in this ordeal and be transparent with the evaluation so that we can do a better job if/when this happens again. We won't.
Al Bula
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

For anyone who has taken the vaccine, was their any review of your medical history by a doctor and discussion of potential side effects and risks based on your age and risk profile?
I've talked to a BUNCH of different doctors and relayed my concern over a serious condition. It seems I have a hole in my ass.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We are being asked to 'trust the experts."

The problem is 'the experts' have been wrong about almost every single thing from day one.

In fact, lets start naming stuff that 'the experts' have been right about this whole time.
aTm2004
AG

In fact, lets start naming stuff that 'the experts' have been right about this whole time.

Masks don't work...Fauci last March/April
Fitch
AG
Amen. Totally whiffed on the death count of 100-200k. Said it would be over by Easter, then summer, then Nov. 3.

Rubes, the lot of them.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Was there ever a point in time where the WHO issued a statement saying not to worry about Corvids, because there was no evidence of human to human transmission.

Was that fake news or did that really happen?
chimpanzee

Was there ever a point in time where the WHO issued a statement saying not to worry about Corvids, because there was no evidence of human to human transmission.

Was that fake news or did that really happen?
WHO trashed for sharing Chinese study claiming humans can't spread coronavirus during outbreak's onset | Washington Examiner

Oh it happened, back in January 2020.

Why anyone would trust any .gov or NGO with "health", "disease", "welfare", or "science" in their name after this is beyond me.
chimpanzee
aTm2004 said:

Masks don't work...Fauci last March/April
Just telling the noble lie to keep people from panicking and taking all of the PPE from the soon to be overwhelmed hospitals, or so he now claims.

But that's the only time he would lie to us to advance some other agenda, totally for sure.
chimpanzee
Noble07 said:

third coast.. said:

Here's the article.

Tough to read, but not surprising at all. Years from now I doubt any of this is even talked about. That's the most frustrating thing for me...we should spend a lot of time evaluating our public policy in this ordeal and be transparent with the evaluation so that we can do a better job if/when this happens again. We won't.

FDR is still treated like the hero that ended the Great Depression with all of his alphabet agencies. He presided over an historically long economic slump; no economy had ever gone that long without recovery, but he managed to string it out and have the history books paint him as the hero. It only ended because the rest of the industrialized world was a smoking heap in 1945.

I suspect there will be a Fauci monument and memorials to heroic nurses to rehabilitate the memory of the .gov's efforts.
beerad12man
AG
jenn96 said:

Has anyone seen a chart that shows what percentage of those who don't plan to get vaccinated have already had Covid? It has to be a significant percentage. And that impacts total herd immunity as well as providing a reasonably logical reason why people aren't taking it - they're not "hesitant"; they just don't need it. Yet I've never seen this figure.
The CDC claims about 36% of the population has had it. However, one of the most common reasons I see people say they aren't getting the vaccine is that they have had covid. That would lead you to believe 36% is on the low end, but arguably higher in the unvaccinated crowd. Not to mention, those that didn't get the vaccine are also likely to have lived life closer to normal and less cautious than those that rushed to get it right away. Wouldn't shock me if 40+% of those who haven't go the vaccine have immunity, not to mention you still have 15-20% of the remainder that will have virtually no symptoms. Kids also aren't as big of vectors nor result in hospitalizations. We are approaching 60% of adults, 40% of the remaining 40% would be 76% of adult immunity. 15-20% more of the 24% with no immunity likely zero symptoms

It's slowly running out of hosts it can kill, IMHO, and the graphs are going to show that by the end of May with a big drop in deaths from where we are now nationally.
cone
AG
also changed his herd immunity target based on polling data last fall

bet he'd like to retract those comments now

he's an awful clown
Noble07
AG
chimpanzee said:

Noble07 said:

third coast.. said:

Here's the article.

FDR is still treated like the hero that ended the Great Depression with all of his alphabet agencies. He presided over an historically long economic slump; no economy had ever gone that long without recovery, but he managed to string it out and have the history books paint him as the hero. It only ended because the rest of the industrialized world was a smoking heap in 1945.

I suspect there will be a Fauci monument and memorials to heroic nurses to rehabilitate the memory of the .gov's efforts.
Yep! Fauci is already in his 80s. When he dies they'll rename a bunch of stuff after him and build a monument.
FarmerJohn
AG
The worst thing is that this was 100% predictable and why the American Academy of Pediatrics put out a statement in July 2020 warning against remote learning. Of course child welfare wasn't really the concern of school administrators so it was ignored and now good luck finding a statement that isn't wishy-washy. Unfortunately, this article combined with the lack of any evidence of large scale transmission from schools that did reopen confirms that remote learning was far more destructive than Covid.

And for the record, I think the end of the 2019/2020 school year being all remote learning was the right call. There was a lot that was unknown. But by the summer it was looking more clear.
drumboy
AG
FYI, El Tiempo Richmond is now 'mask recommended' so yall can get your expensive yet worth it fajitas and margaritas. Packed AF last night and my only concern was a hangover (cause I'm vaxed, not superman).
jetch17
AG
Yeah El T on Washington didn't give AF last week
TarponChaser
beerad12man said:

jenn96 said:

Has anyone seen a chart that shows what percentage of those who don't plan to get vaccinated have already had Covid? It has to be a significant percentage. And that impacts total herd immunity as well as providing a reasonably logical reason why people aren't taking it - they're not "hesitant"; they just don't need it. Yet I've never seen this figure.
The CDC claims about 36% of the population has had it. However, one of the most common reasons I see people say they aren't getting the vaccine is that they have had covid. That would lead you to believe 36% is on the low end, but arguably higher in the unvaccinated crowd. Not to mention, those that didn't get the vaccine are also likely to have lived life closer to normal and less cautious than those that rushed to get it right away. Wouldn't shock me if 40+% of those who haven't go the vaccine have immunity, not to mention you still have 15-20% of the remainder that will have virtually no symptoms. Kids also aren't as big of vectors nor result in hospitalizations. We are approaching 60% of adults, 40% of the remaining 40% would be 76% of adult immunity. 15-20% more of the 24% with no immunity likely zero symptoms

It's slowly running out of hosts it can kill, IMHO, and the graphs are going to show that by the end of May with a big drop in deaths from where we are now nationally.

Are they counting positive tests or the well known, and likely low multiplier of some 10x positive tests who were found to have antibodies from previous, asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
For those interested, here's the places we've been in the League City area that are either totally maskless or don't care:

Skallywags
Voodoo Hut
Bakkhus
Craft 96 (staff in masks, but they don't care)
Center Court Pizza
Jackie's Brickhouse
Barge 295 and The Yard
Cabo (got dragged there after my wife's high school reunion last weekend).
beerad12man
AG
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

From end of March. With Aprils cases I just added that to the 114 million at the same rate.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That's interesting, but it's not detailed enough. Need to know about the health status of those that were infected. esp for those 18 and younger.
TarponChaser
beerad12man said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

From end of March. With Aprils cases I just added that to the 114 million at the same rate.

So roughly 99.5% survive with few or no long-lasting effects. Remind me again why we've devastated the economy, destroyed lives, and irreparably harmed the development of millions of children?

What was the mortality rate of the flu before the flu vaccine was developed or widespread?
aTm2004
AG
Election 2020.
Seabreeze
Not many places left in the League City, Webster, Kemah, Seabrook even have signs up anymore. And it's been probably 2 months since I've worn a mask outside of work.
Post removed:
by user
Seabreeze
Never been in a Randall's in my life, and Home Depot in Kemah didn't have signs up Sunday when I went in. Or at least I didn't bother to notice, or just don't care anymore to look
Post removed:
by user
Ag06Law
AG
The Target mask sentry asked me the other day if I needed a mask. I politely said "no, I don't," and kept walking. No one said another word. I haven't had a place throw me out yet for not wearing one.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
third coast.. said:

They are at hd, have been for ages. Don't pay them any mind. Randalls is the closest store to us so we go there for quick things.
The sign is actually at the exit, not at the entrance. The one at the entrance disappeared about two weeks ago. Trust me, I go there just about every damn day.
Now the one up on El Dorado has a big sign at the entrance, but nobody hassled me about it. Costco has been the worst mask nazi's so far.
YellAg2004
AG
The only places I've been told that I needed a mask were Jimmy John's (wasn't expecting that) and Total Wine. At Total Wine, the checker told me I needed a mask, and when I told him I didn't have one, he provided one and told me that he was doing it just so he wouldn't get in trouble with his manager (for not telling me), and he didn't really care that I wasn't wearing one.

Randalls, Home Depot, and Bunker Hill HEB didn't care at all. I even talked to one of the managers at HEB about their remodeling and he didn't say anything about my not wearing a mask.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Best Buy on I-10 (at Fry?) wouldn't let me in without a mask on. Had an HCSO standing with them at the door.
Post removed:
by user
cajunaggie08
AG
third coast.. said:

I swear it is still there just inside the door. I was there earlier today. But nothing like good ole texags to spark an argument about where the HD sign is

Oh and I went to get a membership to Costco but wouldn't let me in without a mask so that ended that adventure.
Costco was one of the very first stores to require masks nationally last spring. Most people could have told you how that visit was going to go.
Post removed:
by user
Nitro Power
AG
Costco is annoying with their stance on it. At my local store they have a person posted handing them out.

My local HEB however, does not even have signs up.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
drumboy
AG
Nitro Power said:

Costco is annoying with their stance on it. At my local store they have a person posted handing them out.

My local HEB however, does not even have signs up.
Costco is a very liberal store so if their politics outweigh the great shopping experience and well-priced hot dogs & rotisserie chicken then might stick to ratchety Sams.
First Page Last Page
Page 408 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.