Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,494,362 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WES2006AG said:

TarponChaser said:

TXTransplant said:

Yeah, I feel bad for the 16 year old who probably drew the short stick to get stuck with mask duty at my HEB. I don't see any point in lecturing them. In one ear and out the other because they are teenagers. I'd probably rather clean bathrooms than be the person who has to offer shoppers masks right now.

I'm not lecturing anybody. I simply say, "no thanks I don't need a mask" or that I don't want one. They know it's bull**** and I think they want more people to stop wearing masks so they don't have to stand there and try to pass them out.
"If there is somebody there asking, I specifically want them to know that I will not wear a mask, that one is unnecessary, and that it's a stupid, unscientific policy."

I am not sure you know what a lecture is because if you are doing as you stated earlier you are clearly lecturing people to let them know exactly how you feel about this.

It is clear you are looking for a confrontation to let everyone know how much smarter you are than them.

So simply stating, "no thanks I don't need a mask" or "no thanks I don't want a mask" or "no thanks I'm not going to wear one" is seeking a confrontation? These folks know it's stupid and don't want to enforce anything, therefore the more people who simply say "no thanks, I'm not wearing one" make it easier for the policies to go away.

It's fairly clear you don't understand what "confrontation" means.
htxag09
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Seems like this thread should take the TMC approach and only get updated 1x/week.

Then we couldn't have our daily bragfest about who was cool and a patriot and just sped walked past an HEB employee so they wouldn't have to wear a mask.
TarponChaser
htxag09 said:

YellAg2004 said:

Seems like this thread should take the TMC approach and only get updated 1x/week.

Then we couldn't have our daily bragfest about who was cool and a patriot and just sped walked past an HEB employee so they wouldn't have to wear a mask.
If more people would simply refuse to wear masks this idiocy would end so much more quickly.
WES2006AG
AG
TarponChaser said:

WES2006AG said:

TarponChaser said:

TXTransplant said:

Yeah, I feel bad for the 16 year old who probably drew the short stick to get stuck with mask duty at my HEB. I don't see any point in lecturing them. In one ear and out the other because they are teenagers. I'd probably rather clean bathrooms than be the person who has to offer shoppers masks right now.

I'm not lecturing anybody. I simply say, "no thanks I don't need a mask" or that I don't want one. They know it's bull**** and I think they want more people to stop wearing masks so they don't have to stand there and try to pass them out.
"If there is somebody there asking, I specifically want them to know that I will not wear a mask, that one is unnecessary, and that it's a stupid, unscientific policy."

I am not sure you know what a lecture is because if you are doing as you stated earlier you are clearly lecturing people to let them know exactly how you feel about this.

It is clear you are looking for a confrontation to let everyone know how much smarter you are than them.

So simply stating, "no thanks I don't need a mask" or "no thanks I don't want a mask" or "no thanks I'm not going to wear one" is seeking a confrontation?

It's fairly clear you don't understand what "confrontation" means.

Its like you didn't even read what you typed. The bold part above, where you specifically want them to know your opinions on masking is the confrontation. You must feel pretty self-important to think that these hourly workers care about your politics but that seems to be the case.
BohunkAg
AG
How nice of them.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/covid-cdc-mask-guidance/507-dbfc5eb6-b262-4825-a1a7-d154b39311e6

Quote:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention eased its guidelines Tuesday on the wearing of masks outdoors, saying fully vaccinated Americans don't need to cover their faces anymore unless they are in a big crowd of strangers.
BohunkAg
AG
Utterly ridiculous

T Durden
AG
BohunkAg said:

How nice of them.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/covid-cdc-mask-guidance/507-dbfc5eb6-b262-4825-a1a7-d154b39311e6

Quote:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention eased its guidelines Tuesday on the wearing of masks outdoors, saying fully vaccinated Americans don't need to cover their faces anymore unless they are in a big crowd of strangers.

Why can't they say "and those with positive tests"? Do that and let's end this charade!
Daddy-O5
AG
All you un vaccinated people are keeping us at CODE RED!!!!!
gougler08
AG
BohunkAg said:

Utterly ridiculous

Apparently I no longer need to wash my hands once vaccinated
BohunkAg
AG
gougler08 said:

BohunkAg said:

Utterly ridiculous

Apparently I no longer need to wash my hands once vaccinated
You've been doing that?
Keegan99
AG
Starting to think these "experts" just love harming children.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG

It's not about science. It's about theater.
TX04Aggie
AG
No need to speed walk past them. Just say, no thanks with a smile and carry on.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Is she the same one that had a sense of impending doom a few weeks ago?
Keegan99
AG
Yes. The same. As detected infections and fatalities have declined.

She's also the "expert" that said Michigan needed to shut everything down, only to immediately see everything naturally plummet anyway.
Unemployed
AG
Keegan99 said:

It's not about science. It's about theater.
Everybody has an opportunity now to get vaccinated. I got vaccinated to protect myself.

If you choose not to do it for whatever reason, then it's on you. Not my concern.
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

Yes. The same. As detected infections and fatalities have declined.

She's also the "expert" that said Michigan needed to shut everything down, only to immediately see everything naturally plummet anyway.

Further, she's the "expert" that advocated for open schools before becoming subservient to the teachers unions, whereupon she walked back her position.

These people have no credibility.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
They're bound and determined to keep kids muzzled in masks until there is a pediatric vaccine.

Note that CDC guidance only classifies people as vaccinated and unvaccinated. There is no consideration for infection-acquired immunity.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I really think most school boards just punted on this class year and plan to go to no requirements in the fall. Changing them now would have caused a lot of headaches for a very limited benefit this school year.
FHKChE07
AG
The CDC is basically lying to people again to get people to do things.

This isn't too different from them saying that masks don't work a year ago so they could commandeer the private mask market.

This time, they are just telling people that they are lying to them and why. It is amazing...
BohunkAg
AG
FHKChE07 said:

The CDC is basically lying to people again to get people to do things.

This isn't too different from them saying that masks don't work a year ago so they could commandeer the private mask market.

This time, they are just telling people that they are lying to them and why. It is amazing...
They would make great message board trolls.
BohunkAg
AG
Anyone into this sort of kink?

Bondag
AG
BohunkAg said:

Anyone into this sort of kink?

A lecture on voting from two people that can not hold the highest office in the land. Sign me up.
tylercsbn9
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I really think most school boards just punted on this class year and plan to go to no requirements in the fall. Changing them now would have caused a lot of headaches for a very limited benefit this school year.

Cy fair already so no masks for summer. Will be the same in August.

I bet they don't even offer virtual. I think they need tea blessing for funding. I doubt they get it.
Keegan99
AG

With these psychopaths, it's absolutely about the kids.
BohunkAg
AG
Screw that sh-t....I was looking at an article the other day about how this thing is actually possibly even affecting the development and speech patterns of infant and toddlers because with everyone masked up they don't have as many facial cues to learn from in public...talk about f-cked up.
beerad12man
AG
Fitch said:

Have to say the whole wide ranging psychoanalysis of this mask thing is pretty entertaining to observe as one who really doesn't give a damn one way or the other. First world problems indeed.
Maybe I have misread you, but I always feel hat most of those that say they don't really care about masks one way or another, or that masks aren't a big deal, have just forgotten what it's like to not have to wear one.

To see a facial expression, a smile, have interpersonal behavior. It's just dehumanizing to walk in a place and see everyone having one on, all looking the same. There's nothing natural about this and human beings have outsmarted themselves with this one, IMHO. We were never meant to muzzle our faces(yeah, I get the argument of those that say we were never meant to wear clothes, either. I don't equate the two as one is what you communicate with).

Every time I am in a place without a mask on just feels different and free. And I think many have forgotten that feeling. I absolutely cannot wait to get to a point to see more people without masks than with them. That will be a very, very happy day.
BohunkAg
AG
Here's the study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7598570/
TXTransplant
BohunkAg said:

Utterly ridiculous

This graphic just reinforces what I said a few pages back...this isn't about keeping people safe, it's about elitism.

Masks still required? Oh, well that means things aren't "safe" and the schools need to continue to offer virtual learning. Employers still need to offer a work from home option. Movie theaters, restaurants, and sporting events need to have reduced capacity. Travel needs to be discouraged.

People want to maintain the status quo that makes their life more convenient and/or gives them an advantage over others.

When it comes to sporting events, restaurants, museums, travel, etc, it just makes those activities more difficult and expensive and less accessible, particularly for people with lower incomes.

Class warfare. Some of us are more equal than others.
beerad12man
AG
Keegan99 said:

They're bound and determined to keep kids muzzled in masks until there is a pediatric vaccine.

Note that CDC guidance only classifies people as vaccinated and unvaccinated. There is no consideration for infection-acquired immunity.
Or the fact that this is nothing for children to begin with but that hasn't stopped irrational adults ruining a year of their kids lives due to misinformation / misleading of the public by these "experts", or that per a Vinay Prasad/Monica Gandhi podcast, they indicated that a study came out that for every 20% of adults vaccinated reduced child spread in half, which single handedly changes HI rates. And a plethora of other reasons.
Post removed:
by user
FHKChE07
AG
While it isn't that big of a deal in the big scheme of things, my 18 month old doesn't understand noses. Because when they sing "If you're happy and you know it touch your nose" at school, the teachers have masks and face shields on so they can't show them where their noses are. So when we sing it with him, at a much lower frequency, he just vaguely gestures to his face while all of the other parts of the song he knows.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Clear Creek is setting up a virtual school and will require kids doing that to unenroll from their brick and mortar school. There's also some kind of application process to do it, so kids that were sitting at home and making crappy grades probably need not apply. Those kids won't be ranked with their brick and mortar school either to my understanding so the top 10% thing may be a pretty big risk for these kids.
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.