Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,491 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
DustysLineup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

she gave a speech at the DNC! what a joke. they definitely want this dumbass interpreter on the national stage
She definitely wants on the national stage. Everything she does is an attempt to raise her own profile.

Latest rumor/speculation I heard is that she's angling for a job in the Biden administration. Which would explain all the sucking up to Dementia Joe.
XpressAg09
AG
And Cuomo won an Emmy for killing old folks...
cone
AG
her fundamental problem is a complete lack of charisma
Diggity
AG
that's not problem...they can Manchurian a personality into her lickity split.
Stat Monitor Repairman
BohunkAg said:

JFK's grandson!

We've laughed at it before, but seriously, her mask keeps getting bigger and bigger. By summer she gonna have to cut some eye holes.
tamuags08
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

BohunkAg said:

JFK's grandson!

We've laughed at it before, but seriously, her mask keeps getting bigger and bigger. By summer she gonna have to cut some eye holes.

XpressAg09
AG
Aren't y'all supposed to be dead by now? Isn't Abbott a murderer by now?
Bondag
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CN3nZwjJtap
wessimo
AG
Nice.
aTm2004
AG
That's gotta be Redcon III, right?
jetch17
AG
CDUB98
AG
There's at least one case.

We must keep the level at MURDERDEATHKILL!!
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

I was thrown off at first because your reply on Facebook wasn't Code Red!!!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bondag said:

https://instagr.am/p/CN3nZwjJtap
Got them January/February deaths rolling in.

Great job guys.
jetch17
AG
Bondag said:

jetch17 said:

I was thrown off at first because your reply on Facebook wasn't Code Red!!!

They don't allow picture replies either
TexAg91
AG
TMC knows the truth. Pandemic is behind us.
Stat Monitor Repairman
aTm2004
AG
Just when I thought Dora's credibility couldn't get any worse, TMC nukes what little remained. CODE RED!!!!
TarponChaser
Just got an email that effective immediately masks are optional for elementary kids in Humble ISD. My kids are quite excited, especially since I've explained why they're bull*****
gougler08
AG
TarponChaser said:

Just got an email that effective immediately masks are optional for elementary kids in Humble ISD. My kids are quite excited, especially since I've explained why they're bull*****

Lucky you being in an ISD with strong leadership
aTm2004
AG
Got the same email. I've noticed the kids opening doors in the morning and afternoon haven't been wearing them this week and wondered if something had changed. I've been very impressed with the board and Fa. Gen.
redag06
gougler08 said:

TarponChaser said:

I was at the Humble ISD Education fundraiser last weekend and seeing 99% maskless was a good sight. Too bad they didn't roll back masks for all ages and teachers.
Diggity
AG
I truly admire the courage of that 1% to stand up for what they believe
DustysLineup
AG
TMC spokespeople have been much more measured and reasonable than Lina Hidalgo through this whole thing.

Makes me wonder who "The Experts" are when she says to trust "The Experts."
TexAg91
AG
DNC no doubt.
DustysLineup
AG
Or her political consultants that she gave a county vendor contract to upon taking office. Epitome of corruption.
Nitro Power
AG
gougler08 said:

TarponChaser said:

Strong leadership would have been telling them to get bent in the first place, and never having a mask policy. Better late than never thought I suppose.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
gougler08
AG
Nitro Power said:

gougler08 said:

TarponChaser said:

Strong leadership would have been telling them to get bent in the first place, and never having a mask policy. Better late than never thought I suppose.

While I would have loved that, in no way is that a realistic expectation in our world today
cajunaggie08
AG
TexAg91 said:

It only took a year but the curve finally was flattened. TMC isnt saying its over. Its just saying the data is roughly the same each day. There are still nearly 1000 new cases per day and 120 hospitalizations per day. Those numbers hopefully come down as more and more people are vaccinated.
TexAg91
AG
yeah, I can read. "behind us" is my commentary. Just like "code red" is Dora's. She's the only one still in panic mode, worried that the world cannot live with the government.
cajunaggie08
AG
TexAg91 said:

yeah, I can read. "behind us" is my commentary. Just like "code red" is Dora's. She's the only one still in panic mode, worried that the world cannot live with the government.
Well you expressed it like it was TMC's commentary so I wasn't sure if you could read
chimpanzee
cajunaggie08 said:

TexAg91 said:

It only took a year but the curve finally was flattened. TMC isnt saying its over. Its just saying the data is roughly the same each day. There are still nearly 1000 new cases per day and 120 hospitalizations per day. Those numbers hopefully come down as more and more people are vaccinated.

In Michigan's latest spike, the county by county data compiled stopped cold right at the state line. Adjacent counties in Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin were markedly better.

No one will publish their PCR thresholds nor do they have a meaningful way to distinguish between patients with Covid that were admitted for other reasons. In Michigan there was a big disjoint between people coming to the ER complaining of Covid symptoms and actual Covid diagnoses compared to earlier waves.

I'm guessing TMC is seeing the same type of scenario play out where, if they change their PCR test thresholds to tune out false positives, the numbers will be so incomparable as to be meaningless, but we have a politically adversarial situation as to how to interpret data and a press and public that doesn't understand risk, statistics or even basic math concepts like numerators and denominators.

This would be TMC's way of acknowledging they don't have meaningful data to show at the moment. If we have an uptick in the future, it may become relevant again, but comparability just isn't there anymore.
Post removed:
by user
DustysLineup
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

TexAg91 said:

Well you expressed it like it was TMC's commentary so I wasn't sure if you could read
Like everyone, I'm sure we were all just waiting for your commentary to explain it on a level we could understand.

Do you post on r/houston?
aggietony2010
AG
third coast.. said:

Were recent posts deleted out of this thread? Thst is what has usually happened when I get notifications of new posts but there aren't any.

That's been like 50% of the threads on my watchlist lately, but yeah, clicked on this one with "4 new replies" only to find 0.
First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.