Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,765 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hall monitor. That got me laughing.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Well, *****, lead by example.
chimpanzee
You know, if you have a group of people that are generally ideologically opposed to your positions, musing about their elimination for failing to acquiesce to your preferences may not be the best way to win their hearts and minds.

If these people hate you and always have, and now they want to get rid you for disagreeing with them, that would confirm in the skeptical mind that they are right to treat certain recommendations with suspicion.

When people yell for a year that cloth stops viruses but can't show where, don't be surprised that some people tune them out.
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
third coast.. said:

I am pretty sure the video is a couple years old. I didn't read all the Info at this link, but did read that it is purported to be from 2016

https://infotagion.com/factcheck-did-the-cdc-chair-say-she-wants-to-get-rid-of-white-people/
Fair enough, I'm sure she helped write the spots that air during NASCAR races.
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
third coast.. said:

I am pretty sure the video is a couple years old. I didn't read all the Info at this link, but did read that it is purported to be from 2016

https://infotagion.com/factcheck-did-the-cdc-chair-say-she-wants-to-get-rid-of-white-people/

I don't particularly care for the age of the comment and regardless of whether or not it's taken out of context or lacking surrounding elaboration, it's a statement that is absolutely appalling in its racism, hate, and completely beyond all acceptable boundaries. Insert any other race into that sentence and the backlash is immense- and that's a simple way to know whether or not a statement is racist or problematic.

That being said, I'm not surprised and nor do I particularly care she said it. I expect as much from modern day progs.
The Wonderer
AG
third coast.. said:

People have lost careers from stuff they said 10 years ago. Don't think this racism should be any different.
Irish 2.0
The Wonderer said:

third coast.. said:

People have lost careers from stuff they said 10 years ago. Don't think this racism should be any different.
It is racist towards the whities. It is okay. She may even be up for a Nobel Peace Prize for that take now!
Post removed:
by user
tylercsbn9
AG
Cy fair lifted the mask mandate

Not until June 7th but not needed next school year
AgCPA95
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

The other good thing is won't be needed for summer school or what my kids are most excited about is Strength and Conditioning camps this summer here in KISD. Happy to hear CyFair is doing the same.
T Durden
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Nevermind. I remember now.
jenn96
AG
AgCPA95 said:

tylercsbn9 said:

The other good thing is won't be needed for summer school or what my kids are most excited about is Strength and Conditioning camps this summer here in KISD. Happy to hear CyFair is doing the same.
This this this. I don't like masks but was willing to get through this school year without making a fuss. But so glad they are not going to be needed for summer programs, I was going to be a lot more vocal at that point. Halleluiah.
tylercsbn9
AG
Henry really buried it in his email. Can't believe no one on my middle or elementary kids school Facebook groups has mentioned it.
gougler08
AG
I'm sure FBISD hasn't announced anything yet, I've been very disappointed in their leadership
Photog
gougler08 said:

I'm sure FBISD hasn't announced anything yet, I've been very disappointed in their leadership

Me too. I want to start emailing the board telling them what I think.
gougler08
AG
Photog said:

gougler08 said:

I emailed each board member back in the July timeframe when they were deciding about in person school and got nothing back. It was a factual email with sources and studies so of course that doesn't warrant a response

I'm sure they will be radio silent until they are the last non-HISD school district to update the policy
jenn96
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Henry really buried it in his email. Can't believe no one on my middle or elementary kids school Facebook groups has mentioned it.

Not to worry, I'm sure there will be multiple Nextdoor and Facebook posts in the next few weeks lamenting all the children and teachers who will die now.
Stat Monitor Repairman
God this is the biggest farce in the history of mankind. I can't believe we are still doing this.
rhoswen
AG
I'm not expecting to know what's gonna happen in my district until we show up for inservice in August. Not a peep so far about masks or virtual or anything else. I won't even know what subject(s) I'll be teaching until then.
Photog
gougler08 said:

Photog said:

gougler08 said:

I emailed each board member back in the July timeframe when they were deciding about in person school and got nothing back. It was a factual email with sources and studies so of course that doesn't warrant a response

I'm sure they will be radio silent until they are the last non-HISD school district to update the policy

Ugh. I worry things will get worse with a new superintendent.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
gougler08 said:

Mask wearing all around Fort Bend has been damn near 100% since the mandate was lifted. I used to see a few people maskless indoors wherever I went before the mandate was lifted. Now I never do.
BowSowy
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

gougler08 said:

Mask wearing all around Fort Bend has been damn near 100% since the mandate was lifted. I used to see a few people maskless indoors wherever I went before the mandate was lifted. Now I never do.
Thats surprising, I've experienced the opposite. The HEB nearest my house has more and more people without masks every week, as do the gas stations. We've even found a few restaurants that have no masks in sight.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
BowSowy said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

gougler08 said:

Thats surprising, I've experienced the opposite. The HEB nearest my house has more and more people without masks every week, as do the gas stations. We've even found a few restaurants that have no masks in sight.

I should have been more specific. I've been to several restaurants and bars where few or no people are wearing masks. But HEB or Home Depot? Everyone but my family.
gougler08
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

BowSowy said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

gougler08 said:

I should have been more specific. I've been to several restaurants and bars where few or no people are wearing masks. But HEB or Home Depot? Everyone but my family.

Yeah last time I was at heb there were 3 of us without a mask on (Aliana location). Fort bend is definitely still very heavy masks in my experiences
BohunkAg
AG
JFK's grandson!

Post removed:
by user
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha. She won an award for her efforts, all of which were hamstrung and non-binding or enforceable nor even requirements.... literally everything she has done is for show, because Abbott made sure of it in his mandates. If people actually think people heeded the code red warning signs on the Beltway, they are stupid. They are trying to prop her up so bad as this wise latina resistance figure, it is hilarious, she has no personality and eventually in today's superficial politics she will fizzle out... one can hope!
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
This continued obsession with the Kennedys is absolutely ******ed. And Commandante Dora is even dumber than that. She's a textbook example of a post-turtle but she quite literally believes her own farts smell like roses.
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

i guess building an unused covid tent is an award winning act now.

and this sounds like an award for who could control their constituents the best
Give me other people's money and I will be the most decorated politician ever.
cone
AG
built a field hospital when we didn't need it

closed it

didn't build another one when it would have been actually useful

here's your award
BohunkAg
AG
Seems to be working real well for them.

First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.