Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,611 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She is wearing a cloth mask that is ineffective...
aTm_bomb
AG
TarponChaser said:

This statement right here sums up why Fauci cannot be allowed to have a say in this any longer, "You're looking at it as liberty and freedom. I look at it as a public health measure to prevent people from dying and going to the hospital."

The 1:25 mark.

The fact that he only worries from a medical perspective is irritating but understandable to me. The real issue he cannot answer a simple question as to what metrics need to be met to move forward. If your sole focus is advising how to navigate and end the pandemic, have some GD tollgates for progress and regression. That is what should make everyone mad.
jetch17
AG
Even the devil folk are still staying woke as seen this afternoon

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
XpressAg09
AG
htxag09 said:

I honestly don't get the anger in that statement. Dr Fauci, while I may dislike him, is the chief medical advisor to the president. His job is the health portion of it, not liberties and freedoms or economy. He is there to provide expertise to the president/White House on the health, medical, hospital side of it. They are then supposed to work with economic experts, constitutional experts, etc. and come up with their own educated decision. It's not Dr. Fauci's job to make the final decisions, but we've basically turned everything he says into the end all be all when it should just be one piece of a puzzle.
You know as well as I do, though, that the bolded part isn't/wasn't happening, despite that being the proper course of action.

They put the Fauci on a pedestal and if he's even the slightest bit concerned, there are some governors and mayors that will not yield their executive power, despite the Constitution.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

Proof that folks from all walks of life are ****ing idiots
No, what it confirms is what a lot of people already knew to be true.

"Beer guys" are some of the biggest beta males you'll encounter.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
jetch17 said:

Nothing says "brash" like living in fear. They've always been a joke.
drumboy
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

jetch17 said:

Nothing says "brash" like living in fear. They've always been a joke.

Don't spell out their best beer or you'll get a perma ban.

I've been wondering how they're doing as I haven't seen their taps lately. Need to pay them a visit.
BohunkAg
AG
So the devil guys are really caring about other humans?
Bondag
AG
Just tell all the neck beards that their mask doesn't work without a tight fit and they need to remain clean shaven.
aTm2004
AG
BohunkAg said:

It's almost as if the hardass is an act.
beerad12man
AG
htxag09 said:

I honestly don't get the anger in that statement. Dr Fauci, while I may dislike him, is the chief medical advisor to the president. His job is the health portion of it, not liberties and freedoms or economy. He is there to provide expertise to the president/White House on the health, medical, hospital side of it. They are then supposed to work with economic experts, constitutional experts, etc. and come up with their own educated decision. It's not Dr. Fauci's job to make the final decisions, but we've basically turned everything he says into the end all be all when it should just be one piece of a puzzle.
It's a combination of all Fauci has done. The mixed messaging, anti vaxx in chief. He's the worst messenger in the world right now. This one comment by itself, meh. But combined with all else? Yeah, it adds up to incompetence when it comes to messaging
BohunkAg
AG
aTm2004 said:

BohunkAg said:

It's almost as if the hardass is an act.
Go figure.
Seabreeze
In the Beumont area where I work they have closed 3 vaccine sites in the last week due to no one signing , or showing up.
SquanchyAg
CFTXAG10
AG
I don't watch a lot of Maher but this was GOLD

Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
third coast.. said:

SquanchyAg said:

What, did someone get mad at you for trashing Beaumont?

Should let Louisiana annex Beaumont. Fit in great with that ****hole
Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
Fair point. Guess it's just aesthetically it would fit in better with LA
SquanchyAg
third coast.. said:

SquanchyAg said:

Naw. Just decided my post wasn't nice. Lol. It was 100% accurate though.
Unemployed
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

third coast.. said:

I'll fite you.

I'm from Port Arthur and us Golden Triangle brothers stick together.
Post removed:
by user
Seabreeze
Been living off the "Golden Triangle" for the last 12 years.
Bassmaster
AG
RealTalk said:

Irish 2.0 said:

third coast.. said:

I'll fite shoot you.

I'm from Port Arthur and us Golden Triangle brothers stick together will bust a cap.
BowSowy
AG
beerad12man said:

htxag09 said:

It's a combination of all Fauci has done. The mixed messaging, anti vaxx in chief. He's the worst messenger in the world right now. This one comment by itself, meh. But combined with all else? Yeah, it adds up to incompetence when it comes to messaging
I'm genuinely curious. You live in Austin, right? Why do you spend so much time on the Houston COVID thread?
beerad12man
AG
To talk? To find perspectives, communicate with others about it? Do I need another reason for you or is that sufficient?

Lets add: I have family and friends that live in houston. Houston numbers affect state numbers. My boss lives in Houston and uses it for company policies, etc.

But in the end, literally just to see others thoughts on what's going on because I enjoy it. No other reason needed.
cone
AG
Quote:

Do I need another reason for you or is that sufficient?
i think you add value. that would typically be enough.

but i also don't have a spreadsheet so none of this matters
AlaskanAg99
AG
Nearly 9:30, no updates for the 1st weekly update: https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

Data must not be trending in the way they want to keep the fear pump going.

Harris/Houston site still in MURDERDEATHKILL CODE RED. https://covid-harriscounty.hub.arcgis.com/

Not sure if the later website is based on weekly data or daily data.

aggiemike02
AG
Quote:

TMC continues to believe that data on positivity rate, vaccination rate, hospitalizations, etc. are important to supporting our community in managing its response to COVID-19. However, at this time, we are seeing limited changes over the course of a week and believe that week over week data reporting provides the necessary information to the community. We stand ready to restart daily reporting should the situation require it.

We want to thank our members for their commitment to transparency and public health; we recognize that collecting and reporting the data on a daily basis since the beginning of the pandemic has been a serious investment in our community.
beerad12man
AG
In reality, I have a job that requires me to be present. It's an oversight job where I am needed periodically to help solve issues for techs, lab workers, etc. But I am here 10 hours a day, with really only about 3-5 hours of busy work a day. I can't help that, so I have some down time.

Covid is just the most talked about thing online to help pass the time, so I followed some other posters I saw that had poster here and chimed in. And never left
cone
AG
welcome

you don't need to show ID

i'm not the texags hall monitor
First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.