Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,824 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cyp0111 said:

maybe public school is the best option ?

Never
BohunkAg
AG
We need to stop eating indoors, y'all. Fauci says so.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-dont-eat-indoors-even-after-getting-vaccine
Irish 2.0
BohunkAg said:

Fauxi can suck my richard...
Keegan99
AG
BohunkAg said:

With rhetoric like that he's practically the Anti-Vaxxer in Chief.

"Get vaccinated and you will still have to live in total fear!" is... uh... not an effective sales pitch for something that is supposed to be able to keep you from experiencing serious illness.
TXTransplant
Keegan99 said:

BohunkAg said:

"Get vaccinated and you will still have to live in total fear!" is... uh... not an effective sales pitch for something that is supposed to be able to keep you from experiencing serious illness.

This is shameful. Vaccinated people should be encouraged to go out and support the restaurant, travel, and retail industries that have been absolutely decimated by the shutdowns.

Not to mention, I am an educated, intelligent, responsible adult. I will decide for myself where I can and can't go and what I can and can't do. Don't need any doctor, government agency, politician, or anyone else to decide for me.
Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
TXTransplant said:

Keegan99 said:

BohunkAg said:

This is shameful. Vaccinated AND THE LESS AT RISK people should be encouraged to go out and support the restaurant, travel, and retail industries that have been absolutely decimated by the shutdowns.

Not to mention, I am an educated, intelligent, responsible adult. I will decide for myself where I can and can't go and what I can and can't do. Don't need any doctor, government agency, politician, or anyone else to decide for me.
FIFY
XpressAg09
AG
CDUB98 said:

she cannot return to school even with a negative test.

Ask them why they don't believe in science.
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

Did you see that chandelier guys number in thst other thread?

Not sure. What post/thread are you talking about?
TXTransplant
Irish 2.0 said:

TXTransplant said:

Keegan99 said:

BohunkAg said:

This is shameful. Vaccinated AND THE LESS AT RISK people should be encouraged to go out and support the restaurant, travel, and retail industries that have been absolutely decimated by the shutdowns.

FIFY

I agree. I've been saying that since last summer. There was a lot more dissent when it came to that opinion.

His comments were specifically about vaccinated people, though, and I just can't with that garbage. There is absolutely NO reason why fully vaccinated people can't resume life as "normal".
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

The home updates thread where we discussed having your new chandelier installed. You really need to buy a star to see when people reply to you.

Ah...took a minute for it to click in my brain.

I haven't been over to that thread in a few days. Let me go check right now.
TXTransplant
Got it. Sorry about that! Usually I check threads that I've posted in for replies. That one just got away from me.
tamuags08
AG
BohunkAg said:

Quincey P. Morris
AG

aTm2004
AG
RK
AG
glad i got mine last week.
TarponChaser
And then there's **** like this:

NY baseball tournament demanding 12-year olds get vaccinated

This just points to the utter insanity and complete disregard for the actual science. This is a big youth baseball tournament in Cooperstown, NY. There's a whole sort of carnival which surrounds it. The kids get special tours of the baseball HOF, they get to play on the HOF field, and so forth. But the organizers of the tournament are requiring all kids and coaches participating to get vaccinated. No matter the age and no matter the fact that there is no vaccine approved for those under 16. And 99% of this stuff is outside in the sunshine among the absolute lowest risk group out there. The tournament organizers are also sticking any team which refuses or can't comply and not returning their $4000 deposit.

There's a lesson here for the kids if only their parents will teach them.
Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
Sasappis said:

Has anyone seen any numbers on the J&J issue? I saw 6 reported clot issues across the country. There have been over 7 million vaccines given. So literally less than one in a million chance of the clot problem.

How do you prove causation with something this rare?

Blood clots themselves aren't rare necessarily. It is the type of clots and I believe I read that clots were diagnosed in middle aged women that all got the the J&J vaccine within 5-14 days

aTm2004
AG
Sasappis said:

Has anyone seen any numbers on the J&J issue? I saw 6 reported clot issues across the country. There have been over 7 million vaccines given. So literally less than one in a million chance of the clot problem.

Natives are starting to question why they can't go out and live a normal life after they're vaccinated, so you take millions of vaccines out of the supply chain and you can string this along another couple of months. This whole thing has been a political power grab from the start. How there are still some out there who can't see this by now is amazing.

Honest question...if you didn't see people walking around with masks and didn't hear about COVID everywhere you looked, would you know it still existed?
Bondag
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CNnbIiasWSx
T Durden
AG
Bondag said:

https://instagr.am/p/CNnbIiasWSx

That poor girl is going to get pepper sprayed and tased.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Blue states.
Diggity
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Sasappis said:

Blood clots themselves aren't rare necessarily. It is the type of clots and I believe I read that clots were diagnosed in middle aged women that all got the the J&J vaccine within 5-14 days

I'm no doctor, but J&J has only been available for about a month, so that vaccine date range covers about a 1/3 of the total possible timeframe.

Aren't middle-age women also at a much higher risk of developing blood clots in the first place, due largely to birth control? I've also read that overweight women are more susceptible to blood clots. Given that particular groups' risks related to Covid, I would have to think the population receiving the vaccine skews this way.

It just seems like there must be more to this story for them to pause the rollout at a critical point like this.
jenn96
AG
Sorry I can't cite but I believe these are cerebral clots, different than the typical clots common to birth control. Very curious what else might be going on to pause the entire rollout.
Diggity
AG
looks like women of childbearing age are still much more likely to develop these clots

Quote:

Cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis (CVST) is a relatively rare subtype of stroke.1,2 In young to middle-aged adults, CVST is much more common in women than men with a ratio of approximately 3 to one.3 This skewed gender ratio is usually attributed to gender-specific risk factors, especially oral contraceptives, and to a lesser extent pregnancy, puerperium, and hormone replacement therapy.1 Case-control studies showed a significant association between use of oral contraceptives and CVST,4,5 which was confirmed in a recent meta-analysis (pooled OR, 5.59).6 Furthermore, in age groups that lack these gender-specific risk factors such as children7 and elderly patients,8 there is no gender predilection. Additional evidence comes from the fact that epidemiological studies performed before the widespread use of oral contraceptives do not show a difference in gender distribution.9 Finally, a single-center retrospective study showed a shift in gender ratio over time toward women that parallels an increase in use of oral contraceptives.10
Quote:

Four hundred sixty-five of a total of 624 patients were women (75%). Women were significantly younger, had less often a chronic onset of symptoms, and had more often headache at presentation. There were no gender differences in ancillary investigations or treatment. A gender-specific risk factor (oral contraceptives, pregnancy, puerperium, and hormonal replacement therapy) was present in 65% of women. Women had a better prognosis than men (complete recovery 81% versus 71%l P=0.01), which was entirely due to a better outcome in female patients with gender-specific risk factors.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/strokeaha.108.543884
aTm2004
AG
There is more to this story...it's called MONEY.

I'm sure if you follow the money, you'll see may of these "experts" connected to some of these other pharma companies in some way.
Diggity
AG
I'm more prone to blame incompetence here than corruption.

If the CDC was in anyone's pocket, it would be J&J's.
Post removed:
by user
jenn96
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

If you believe the conspiracy theorists it's to make everyone get the mRNA vaccines which are now the only ones available and will later be used for boosters and a delivery mechanism for something sinister. I used to not believe in conspiracy theorists but the last year has changed my mind.
Not a bad plot but it would require a level of competence that seems overly optimistic.
Post removed:
by user
jswags
AG
Things must be REALLY bad. The TMC Covid tracker hasn't been updated in a couple days. CODE RED!!
gougler08
AG
jswags said:

Things must be REALLY bad. The TMC Covid tracker hasn't been updated in a couple days. CODE RED!!

Trying to figure out the best way to twist the figures in to doom and gloom
First Page Last Page
Page 389 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.