Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,605 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RVAg02 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

RVAg02 said:

Buchanan's is the epicenter of Heights ideology, which is the epicenter of virtue signaling in Houston. I remember having to wear a mask last summer there in 100 degree weather. Misery. Great plant nursery, but definitely covidiots.

I live a few blocks from it and I laugh every time I walk/drive by because they're all in masks and no one is anyone near each other.

It's like the people in my neighborhood that walk as husband and wife down an empty street in the bright sunshine wearing masks. WTF?

People walking on the trail and once they see someone they'll put their mask on for five seconds until they pass.
ChemAg15
AG
I was jogging on the sidewalk today and I was going to pass this lady walking the opposite direction when she literally ran up someone's driveway to avoid me. Like I was gonna kill her and her whole family once I got within 3 ft of her for the half second while I went by. Ludicrous behavior that has been normalized by socioty.
SquanchyAg
SidsBurnerAccount said:

RealTalk said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

AgLiving06 said:

How is it possible that mask mandates are getting worse?

Went to HEB today without issue. Got asked if I wanted a mask, I said no, and that was that.

I needed something that HEB didn't have so I went over to Krogers. I've been in this Krogers several times without a mask and without an issue. Today a guard stops me and says I need a mask to be in the store and tries to walk me over to where I guess they have masks. I say no and walk out.

It's been a month since the mandate was dropped and cases are falling. I just don't get it.

It's all political and virtue signaling at this point. Just makes no sense.
These businesses are afraid of getting canceled so they want to placate the vocal minority who are quick to go on social media to say how terrible these places are if they don't mandate mask-wearing.

Went to Buchanan's plants in the Heights today....lady asked me to put on a mask. It was sunny and everyone is outside. Just crazy fear behavior.
was it an employee that asked you or another customer? I've been there a couple of times without a mask and no one has said anything to me, but almost everyone else had masks on.

I do agree with the other poster though, that place is the center of crazy lib ideology. It's not shocking that would be masked up when everyone is outside and so far apart.
SidsBurnerAccount
SquanchyAg said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

RealTalk said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Went to HEB today without issue. Got asked if I wanted a mask, I said no, and that was that.

I needed something that HEB didn't have so I went over to Krogers. I've been in this Krogers several times without a mask and without an issue. Today a guard stops me and says I need a mask to be in the store and tries to walk me over to where I guess they have masks. I say no and walk out.

It's been a month since the mandate was dropped and cases are falling. I just don't get it.

It's all political and virtue signaling at this point. Just makes no sense.
These businesses are afraid of getting canceled so they want to placate the vocal minority who are quick to go on social media to say how terrible these places are if they don't mandate mask-wearing.

Went to Buchanan's plants in the Heights today....lady asked me to put on a mask. It was sunny and everyone is outside. Just crazy fear behavior.
was it an employee that asked you or another customer? I've been there a couple of times without a mask and no one has said anything to me, but almost everyone else had masks on.

I do agree with the other poster though, that place is the center of crazy lib ideology. It's not shocking that would be masked up when everyone is outside and so far apart.

It was an employee.
T Durden
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I was jogging on the sidewalk today and I was going to pass this lady walking the opposite direction when she literally ran up someone's driveway to avoid me. Like I was gonna kill her and her whole family once I got within 3 ft of her for the half second while I went by. Ludicrous behavior that has been normalized by socioty.

You are a monster...
CDUB98
AG
Was at Eureka Heights brewery last night.

Good grief, from the moment you have visual on the place, you are bombarded with "wear your mask" signs. It was pretty ridiculous. I forgot my mask one time to grab another beer and the guy working made me go back and get one before I could order another beer.

Of course, Covid magically stops at the tables where in the early afternoon, every table was taken and people unmasked.

Just stupid, illogical, nonsense.
Post removed:
by user
TX04Aggie
AG
Well that is still in ultra virtue signal liberal hell radius. 8 row flint were nazis about it too considering it is a 90% outdoor bar. Going back to the buchanan's comments, yeah that place is a walking Beto/OAC/Dora fest even pre covid. I slum it at Houston Garden Center, where youll still see some people in masks but they dont care, the toothless lady with it around her chin isn't gonna say a word...
CDUB98
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm not sure how you even put up with that stupidity

Beer. Lots of beer.
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
Buckle bunny ain't that good. I've walked tabs for less.
Chewy
AG
Screw Buchanan's. Parking sucks and the people working there don't know where anything is.

Go hit Joshuas on the trail and 18th. He wears a camo shirt and didn't care if you were wearing a mask today. He's got some other folks there that are really helpful as well.
Bassmaster
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I didn't say any place is. I got vaccinated so that IF anyone questions my decision to not wear a mask, I have a very valid answer explaining why I'm not.

Or you could just say you already had Covid and was a mild case, which is better than a vaccine. I'm done pandering to people.
Better yet, just tell them to mind their damn business. Not wearing a mask shouldn't require an excuse or rationalization.
BohunkAg
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Hero
Ducks4brkfast
AG
BohunkAg said:

AgLiving06 said:

Hero

Patriot
Post removed:
by user
drumboy
AG
CDUB98 said:

Good grief, from the moment you have visual on the place, you are bombarded with "wear your mask" signs. It was pretty ridiculous. I forgot my mask one time to grab another beer and the guy working made me go back and get one before I could order another beer.

Of course, Covid magically stops at the tables where in the early afternoon, every table was taken and people unmasked.

What brewery or over 30 crowd bar ITL doesn't require masks when moving around? Even the security guy at TBONES reminded me to wear a mask a while back but I was probably before Abbott freed us from the chains of oppression.

Eureka is pretty woke so not surprised. Mini Boss is good so I'll respect their rules and wear a mask when ordering.
BohunkAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

BohunkAg said:

AgLiving06 said:

Hero

I'm convinced some of you would wear panties on your head if the government told you to. After all it's not that big of a hassle right.
I haven't been wearing a mask...I just don't feel the need to act like it's a huge deal.
randy828
AG
ptothemo said:

They were probably just mad that you called it Krogers and selectively enforced the masking out of spite.
made me laugh, just saw this episode this weekend and read your post...

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Onceaggie2.0
SoupNazi2001 said:

BohunkAg said:

AgLiving06 said:

Hero

I'm convinced some of you would wear panties on your head if the government told you to. After all it's not that big of a hassle right.
Yep they probably also have We believe sigs in their yards and really love their 200 lbs wife.
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
Effing Covid insanity.

Saturday evening, one of the girls in my daughter's class, and also softball teammate, starts feeling bad.

Since they were together Saturday, my wife has to pick up my daughter immediately and quarantine until next Friday.

Okay, fair enough, BUT she cannot return to school even with a negative test. Ridiculous. Private school, not public if anyone is wondering.
Serotonin
AG
drumboy said:

CDUB98 said:

What brewery or over 30 crowd bar ITL doesn't require masks when moving around? Even the security guy at TBONES reminded me to wear a mask a while back but I was probably before Abbott freed us from the chains of oppression.

Eureka is pretty woke so not surprised. Mini Boss is good so I'll respect their rules and wear a mask when ordering.

https://west-alabama-ice-house.com/
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Even the public schools have started allowing negative tests after seven days. Not doing it is being even more stringent than CDC guidelines.
TXTransplant
Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I didn't say any place is. I got vaccinated so that IF anyone questions my decision to not wear a mask, I have a very valid answer explaining why I'm not.

Or you could just say you already had Covid and was a mild case, which is better than a vaccine. I'm done pandering to people.
Better yet, just tell them to mind their damn business. Not wearing a mask shouldn't require an excuse or rationalization.
Normally, I'm a live and let live kind of person. But, this idea of wearing a mask AFTER you've been vaccinated is just mind-boggling levels of dumb.

And I really hate the fact that so many people automatically jump to the conclusion that if you don't wear a mask it's because you're a "Covid-denier" or selfish and don't care about getting anyone else sick.

I'm more than happy to say to anyone who questions why I'm not wearing a mask that it's because I've been poked. That kind of stupidity deserves to be called out.

On a side note, there is a specific travel forum I use, and when I was browsing it over the weekend, I (unfortunately) clicked on one of the threads about trips to CA. People were wondering if CA was going to open up to tourists anytime soon.

So, someone from CA commented and said "I don't think 'open' in CA is what you think it is." This poster went on to say that they had traveled to Disney World in Florida and were talking to people they met there about the restrictions that are still in place in CA, and the people they met were "shocked".

This poster and others then went on to criticize the FL governor for being irresponsible and praise the CA governor for doing the right thing.

The absolutely hypocrisy of someone who TRAVELS to FL to enjoy something because that same thing is CLOSED in CA only to criticize the leadership in FL for being irresponsible for opening things up just blows my mind. The mental gymnastics it takes to justify that is just crazy. And before anyone asks, no, I didn't comment back. I don't have it in me today to get in a fight on an anonymous message board (so I posted here instead).
chimpanzee
TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

Normally, I'm a live and let live kind of person. But, this idea of wearing a mask AFTER you've been vaccinated is just mind-boggling levels of dumb.

And I really hate the fact that so many people automatically jump to the conclusion that if you don't wear a mask it's because you're a "Covid-denier" or selfish and don't care about getting anyone else sick.

I'm more than happy to say to anyone who questions why I'm not wearing a mask that it's because I've been poked. That kind of stupidity deserves to be called out.

On a side note, there is a specific travel forum I use, and when I was browsing it over the weekend, I (unfortunately) clicked on one of the threads about trips to CA. People were wondering if CA was going to open up to tourists anytime soon.

So, someone from CA commented and said "I don't think 'open' in CA is what you think it is." This poster went on to say that they had traveled to Disney World in Florida and were talking to people they met there about the restrictions that are still in place in CA, and the people they met were "shocked".

This poster and others then went on to criticize the FL governor for being irresponsible and praise the CA governor for doing the right thing.

The absolutely hypocrisy of someone who TRAVELS to FL to enjoy something because that same thing is CLOSED in CA only to criticize the leadership in FL for being irresponsible for opening things up just blows my mind. The mental gymnastics it takes to justify that is just crazy. And before anyone asks, no, I didn't comment back. I don't have it in me today to get in a fight on an anonymous message board (so I posted here instead).

I know people that lost their sh_t when Abbott dropped the restrictions, and then went to Florida for Spring Break.
BohunkAg
AG
I agree with all of this.....I was really just giving the prior poster sh-t. I can't stand when an event or something on TV is going on the number of "OMG THEY AREN'T WEARING MASKS" comments from people. What society has become is just stupid.
CDUB98
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Even the public schools have started allowing negative tests after seven days. Not doing it is being even more stringent than CDC guidelines.

Yup. The girl on the team who is in public school can go back with a negative test.
tylercsbn9
AG
chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I know people that lost their sh_t when Abbott dropped the restrictions, and then went to Florida for Spring Break.

I love how the narrative on Reddit as the explanation of why cases haven't skyrocketed in Texas is everyone is still wearing masks. Yet for months all those dip****s did on the same subs was whine about people not wearing masks in the months leading up to the mandate being lifted.
BohunkAg
AG
chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

Kind of like the teachers who took vacations when the schools shut down.
TarponChaser
tylercsbn9 said:

chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I love how the narrative on Reddit as the explanation of why cases haven't skyrocketed in Texas is everyone is still wearing masks. Yet for months all those dip****s did on the same subs was whine about people not wearing masks in the months leading up to the mandate being lifted.

I don't get on Reddit much at all but from what I hear there's a massive narrative that Texas and Florida in particular (as the two biggest red states) are deliberately hiding cases and deaths and lying about the numbers.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around that level of delusion.
tylercsbn9
AG
TarponChaser said:

tylercsbn9 said:

chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I don't get on Reddit much at all but from what I hear there's a massive narrative that Texas and Florida in particular (as the two biggest red states) are deliberately hiding cases and deaths and lying about the numbers.

They still bring up that nut job that got fired because she tried to report "true" numbers over a year ago as proof of this.
TarponChaser
tylercsbn9 said:

TarponChaser said:

tylercsbn9 said:

chimpanzee said:

TXTransplant said:

Bassmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

They still bring up that nut job that got fired because she tried to report "true" numbers over a year ago as proof of this.

Despite the fact that every single one of her claims has been debunked and she's been shown to be a total nut job with zero credibility. Actually, that's too generous- she's a bat-**** crazy liar.
Cyp0111
maybe public school is the best option ?
First Page Last Page
Page 388 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.