Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,355 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Build It said:

Agreed I went to NRG for first shot and it was really efficient. 2nd shot a week from
Saturday.

First, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the job done at these sites. It was a tough situation and they performed really well. That being said, now that we've been able to get those prioritized vaccinated, shouldn't we change our distribution method? As efficient as these mega sites have gotten, can they be anywhere near as efficient as just distributing via local pharmacies?

Heck, a friend drove 1.5 hours to get to one yesterday. Doesn't matter how efficient the site is in that case.
BowSowy
AG
You can definitely get the vaccine at local pharmacies. I've done mine through a nearby CVS, others have had luck with HEB, Walmart, or even Brookshire Brothers.

That said, up to this point you needed to be proactive with checking the pharmacies' websites until a spot opened up. It would be nice if you could just get put on a waiting list with all of the pharmacies, similar to what you do with the counties.
T Durden
AG
Are these accurate? If so, frolicking on the beach isn't staying home.

htxag09
AG
Yes, but only select pharmacies, no? I've checked cvs, for example, and non near me had it. My point is stop the mega sites and distribute to every pharmacy.
Build It
AG
I'm not that smart about public health distribution but more and easier seems reasonable.

Looking forward to getting the second shot done.
BowSowy
AG
htxag09 said:

Yes, but only select pharmacies, no? I've checked cvs, for example, and non near me had it. My point is stop the mega sites and distribute to every pharmacy.
They might only be using select pharmacies. I was able to get an appointment at one less than 10 minutes from my place.
Post removed:
by user
cajunaggie08
AG
third coast.. said:

They are giving shots at Walter hall park in league city by appointment only the sign says but there is a line of cars to get in a mile long and 2 lanes wide. Unbelievable. I cant imagine waiting in a line that long for anything, especially a stupid ass vaccine.
sure you can. you've sat in a hotel room for 2 weeks straight just to go sit on a boat. a vaccine line should be a walk in the park for you.
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Saving meemaw's life is worth more than $10k
aTm2004
AG
What I take from this is it's either red or green and there's no in-between.
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
third coast.. said:

I made 10 grand sitting in the hotel room though.

That's a lot of "massages"
Chewy
AG
Does the local government get any money from the federal government for doing these? Curious if there's a financial incentive for the local government to keep doing these or let private take over at some point.
BohunkAg
AG
third coast.. said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

third coast.. said:

I made 10 grand sitting in the hotel room though.

That's a lot of "massages"

For real, your mom is really affordable.
She makes you pay?
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I heard you had the softest hands south of the Nile river ?
CDUB98
AG

Bohunk's mom said that ain't the only things soft.
BohunkAg
AG
CDUB98 said:

Bohunk's mom said that ain't the only things soft.
Hey, how did my mom get dragged into this?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
third coast.. said:

They are giving shots at Walter hall park in league city by appointment only the sign says but there is a line of cars to get in a mile long and 2 lanes wide. Unbelievable. I cant imagine waiting in a line that long for anything, especially a stupid ass vaccine.

I went two weeks ago and drove straight through. My wife went last week and had to wait about an hour. I go back on the 8th so hopefully it's like the first time and not this massive line other people have gotten.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I saw some posts about it being that way when they first started. Hopefully that's just the initial people coming back for their second shot.
Jett01
AG
That must be it. The first two days the lines were long coming from both directions....and that was all day. It's been a lot less since then (I drive by 2-3 times a week) . One of my employees went yesterday at 10 and it took her about an hour.
BohunkAg
AG
Someone send this to Dora

gougler08
AG
BohunkAg said:

Oh ffs
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

Researchers in Mexico
lol

CW Griswold
There already is a Mexican COVID mask
-
aTm2004
AG
BohunkAg said:

FHKChE07
AG
Haven't you seen how mexican markets are employing wrestlers to enforce mask compliance?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/mar/12/lucha-libre-wrestlers-enforce-wearing-of-covid-masks-at-mexican-market-video

aTm2004
AG
Ted lives in the Tine, so Tine related...

Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
it's just petty partisan crap. It will continue as long as we allow it to.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
good for Ted!
First Page Last Page
Page 374 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.