Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,949 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course (of course)
TarponChaser
Fitch said:

aTm2004 said:

Sorry buddy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a chit who or what the CC and it's owners are. I don't. The government decided last year that certain businesses were not essential and forced them to close. Not essential to who? Certainly essential to the people whose livelihoods depended on that establishment/job. Now the government decided to give these businesses their freedom back and they decided to throw a grand "FU" party to the government who shut them down. Fully support them in doing so.

Anyone who goes there would have been their by their own free will and not a gun to their head. Any risk they face is their choice, and they understand life has its risks, and they decided the reward is worth the risk.

That's a great projection of a noble cause (several in fact) but I don't care to argue. This group is trash ownership and can go down so far as I'm concerned.

We're agreed on the patronage. Darwinism works fine for me, though I do feel a little bad for grandma when Billy Badass goes by for a visit next Saturday despite having a case of the sniffles. Is what it is.

And yet the reports of seniors saying they'd rather risk covid than deal with the loneliness are legion. They can make that choice among their own family.
BowSowy
AG
Fitch said:

third coast.. said:

Wow. A year in and we are still on the "you're gonna kill meemaw and pawpaw" steez. For shame.
Had a great aunt go into hospice Sunday for this reason in fact.
I'm sorry to hear that. I lost an uncle to COVID. But it's past time to take steps towards moving on. Vaccines become more prevalent by the day. I'm now hearing from friends who aren't 1A/B who are getting signed up for vaccines. All the COVID metrics are down. There's no reason to keep things shut down. We're at the point where those who are very worried about COVID can be inoculated and those who aren't can't go back to normal life
Jock 07
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Had the ronas and my 10-day quarantine ended on 2/19. Want to catch a flight to Cabo next week. What are the chances I'm gonna test negative so soon?

I tested negative 10 days after testing hot.
JYDog90
AG
I was at Stallworth yesterday for J&J vaccine. My appt was at 2, got my shot at 4:25.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Bondag
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Had the ronas and my 10-day quarantine ended on 2/19. Want to catch a flight to Cabo next week. What are the chances I'm gonna test negative so soon?

Not a doctor but read you can use a saline rinse like a Netipot to get rid of any lingering dead virus before a test.
aTm2004
AG
Fitch said:

aTm2004 said:

Sorry buddy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a chit who or what the CC and it's owners are. I don't. The government decided last year that certain businesses were not essential and forced them to close. Not essential to who? Certainly essential to the people whose livelihoods depended on that establishment/job. Now the government decided to give these businesses their freedom back and they decided to throw a grand "FU" party to the government who shut them down. Fully support them in doing so.

Anyone who goes there would have been their by their own free will and not a gun to their head. Any risk they face is their choice, and they understand life has its risks, and they decided the reward is worth the risk.

That's a great projection of a noble cause (several in fact) but I don't care to argue. This group is trash ownership and can go down so far as I'm concerned.

We're agreed on the patronage. Darwinism works fine for me, though I do feel a little bad for grandma when Billy Badass goes by for a visit next Saturday despite having a case of the sniffles. Is what it is.

March 2020 thinking.

TX04Aggie
AG
I mean, my 3 remaining grandparents, aunts and uncles and my parents have all been vaccinated. My 2 great aunts in assisted living got covid and are just fine. So, with the olds getting jabbed, the odds are quickly turning on the "what about killing meemaw" crowd...
MarathonAg12
Daddy-O5
AG
Not either of their jobs....HTH.
BohunkAg
AG
She doesn't take serious heat either for it....it's on the police she foists it off on to enforce. She's in her little bubble giving orders for others to enforce. What a load of garbage.
Post removed:
by user
Ag06Law
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Amen! While you're at, make a law that says "no shirt, no shoes, no service," because it's total BS that businesses have to enforce that without cover from the government!
Bondag
AG
Ag06Law said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Amen! While you're at, make a law that says "no shirt, no shoes, no service," because it's total BS that businesses have to enforce that without cover from the government!
This should be at the discretion of management.
Ag06Law
AG
Bondag said:

Ag06Law said:

MarathonAg12 said:

This should be at the discretion of management.

I think you see my point. Businesses can do what they want, including require masks. But to say that the government has to give them cover to do so is ridiculous. If you want to require masks, put on your big boy or girl pants and make and enforce the requirement. Own it. Don't look to the state for someone to scapegoat for it.
CDUB98
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

KNEEL BEFORE LORD GOVERNMENT!!
aTm2004
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

She's not handling her loss of power very well.
TXTransplant
Tomball ISD keeping masks through the end of May/end of the school year.

They are optional during outdoor recess.

It's clear from the email that the district doesn't want to lift the mandate and cause kids who are doing in-person learning to go back to remote learning.

Email does say that they expect to return to normal operation in the fall.
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

It's clear from the email that the district doesn't want to lift the mandate and cause kids who are doing in-person learning to go back to remote learning.

I'm sure most if not all of the ISDs in the greater Houston area will do this and at this point, it doesn't bother me much as my daughter is completely used to it at this point and it's not a big deal
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Clear Creek is deciding meeting about it April 12th. Seems to me they want to wait and see how the next few weeks go before making a decision.

They did at least go back on their prom cancellation though they are only allowing seniors from each school to go to their proms. That's already causing issues with kids who's dates go to other schools or are in other grades.
chjoak
AG
gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

I'm sure most if not all of the ISDs in the greater Houston area will do this and at this point, it doesn't bother me much as my daughter is completely used to it at this point and it's not a big deal
It bothers me a little that my kid IS used to it and doesn't bother him. Also bothers me some of things that the teachers have told the younger kids in particular to make them to keep the masks on.
TXTransplant
Yeah, I'm not surprised by this decision at all.

I read that Magnolia ISD dropped their requirement, but I haven't verified that it's actually true.

When I went to the grocery this past weekend, pretty much everyone at the two HEBs closest to my house were wearing masks. I don't think I saw one person without one (granted, neither were particularly crowded when I went on Friday night).

Catholic Diocese of Galveston has also said mask and limited capacity requirements for Mass aren't changing.

The one change I DO wish the school would keep is only allowing the band play at home games. I thought that was a change for the better!
jetch17
AG
Houston health department lists 81 new cases today with FOUR being in the last 14 days

In the whole GD city...
aTm2004
AG
There are more people than that right now waiting at the light at 610/Westheimer.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
chjoak said:

gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

It bothers me a little that my kid IS used to it and doesn't bother him. Also bothers me some of things that the teachers have told the younger kids in particular to make them to keep the masks on.
Fair point
gougler08
AG
jetch17 said:

Houston health department lists 81 new cases today with FOUR being in the last 14 days

In the whole GD city...
It still amazes me that we have to wait weeks to count this data and still can't get a solid count of actual cases from that day
jetch17
AG
Sly made sure to immediately note on his FB "The low case volume is attributed to system processing backlogs."

CODE RED!
Irish 2.0
jetch17 said:

Sly made sure to immediately note on his FB "The low case volume is attributed to system processing backlogs."

CODE RED!
So back to Level 10 for Lina?
aTm2004
AG
Back to?
Irish 2.0
aTm2004 said:

Back to?
My bad...CONTINUING with Level 10
FalconAg06
third coast.. said:

aTm2004 said:

There are more people than that right now waiting at the light at 610/Westheimer.

More people than that got food poisoning today from a ****ty restaurant

I've had my slime in more ice machines than that
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I've had my slime in more ice machines than that
Sounds like some H-town4ever tshirt slogan.
wessimo
AG
jetch17 said:

CODE RED!

Backlogs? Why? Freeze was two weeks ago.
T Durden
AG
wessimo said:

jetch17 said:

CODE RED!

Backlogs? Why? Freeze was two weeks ago.

Holding them back for a foot on the scale OMG release after the 10th...
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.