Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,853 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
COVID is the least viral thing that people that patronize the Concrete Cowboy have to worry about...
Fitch
AG
*governments the world over
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
uhhh ohhhhh

Quote:

The recommendations also say that vaccinated people can come together in the same way with people considered at low-risk for severe disease

Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
It's going to be fun watching the Branch Covidians grapple with the CDC's change.

I mean, how can you instill panic inducing fear into the hearts and minds of those you wish to control when even the CDC's holy scriptures are changing.
K Bo
AG
lol, I thought Concrete Cowboy was a gay bar

rilloaggie
AG
I had an interesting thought regarding the "trust the cdc" folks. I feel like a venn diagram of folks who trust the CDC 100% regarding covid would have a huge overlap of people who probably think big pharma is hiding the cure for cancer or who think the usda is lying about roundup and gmo's being safe. Interesting that the folks that don't trust the government on any of those things now wholly trust them regarding covid.
aTm2004
AG
Fitch said:

Concrete Cowboy ownership is trash but per the gov's orders they can do what they well want to.

The mask off party theme pretty well spits the face of everyone working to wind this **** down and the lives lost.

C'est la vie...

People enjoying freedom, and a place that has had the government telling them they couldn't earn a living for a year decides to give the finger to that same government? You'll get over it.

Fitch
AG
aTm2004 said:

Fitch said:

Concrete Cowboy ownership is trash but per the gov's orders they can do what they well want to.

The mask off party theme pretty well spits the face of everyone working to wind this **** down and the lives lost.

C'est la vie...

People enjoying freedom, and a place that has had the government telling them they couldn't earn a living for a year decides to give the finger to that same government? You'll get over it.

You ever been to CC?
tamuags08
AG
Fitch said:

aTm2004 said:

Fitch said:

C'est la vie...

You ever been to CC?
MarathonAg12
I've been getting vaccines from the government since 2008!

Come in, the waters fine.
jetch17
AG
just saw that Concrete Cowboy has caved and wont be holding their party.
BohunkAg
AG
jetch17 said:

aTm2004
AG
Nope, but my point remains.
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

So I won't be able to get a bottle of Smirnoff for $150?
Fitch
AG
Sure, philosophically. Giving The Man the bird is an American past time for gods sake.

But standing here today having now had several experiences with the ownership of CC, Kung Fu and Clutch over the last 10 years both here and in Dallas I'm more of the opinion the world would be a better place were they to burn down.

A bar owner friend of mine got walloped last year, and it's bull****, but he's personally responsible to and friends with many of his patrons. For him and all of the businesses I injected several thousand dollars into last year and who are trying to adapt to do right in a tough situation I've got sincere sympathy for and will continue to support or decry asinine public policy - - not the ********s who decide to voluntarily create an environment that puts their guests at risk, albeit at their own volition to attend. Same reason you don't applaud the crack pusher for being a free market entrepreneur.

I know plenty of bar hands and there's a 0.0% chance those employed by this trifecta of establishments couldn't (or didn't) find work over the last year if they went looking.

End rant, lol
Keegan99
AG

Quote:

not the ********s who decide to voluntarily create an environment that puts their guests at risk, albeit at their own volition to attend.

That was every bar before COVID.
Diggity
AG
and every bar now
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

Quote:

not the ********s who decide to voluntarily create an environment that puts their guests at risk, albeit at their own volition to attend.

That was every bar before COVID.

Seriously. Going into a crowd of people that are trying to get intoxicated actually carries some risk.

People can weld the doors to their houses shut from the inside if they want, but they all seem to feel better stuffing a sock in everyone else's mouth.
XpressAg09
AG
jetch17 said:

What's funny is, the list of people not attending the party used to be those who would not have attended regardless, but now also includes those who would have attended and were probably looking forward to it.

Where is the win in canceling this event? It's now 100% legal for them to be open at 100% capacity with masks as optional. Fearmongering claims another victim.
Irish 2.0
It's not like they're not going to open the day they were planning this. $100 says they'll still be at damn near max capacity on the day they planned this ****show.
CDUB98
AG
jetch17 said:

I'll bet ol Sly and the boys found some improperly filled out paperwork in the back office.
aTm2004
AG
Sorry buddy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a chit who or what the CC and it's owners are. I don't. The government decided last year that certain businesses were not essential and forced them to close. Not essential to who? Certainly essential to the people whose livelihoods depended on that establishment/job. Now the government decided to give these businesses their freedom back and they decided to throw a grand "FU" party to the government who shut them down. Fully support them in doing so.

Anyone who goes there would have been their by their own free will and not a gun to their head. Any risk they face is their choice, and they understand life has its risks, and they decided the reward is worth the risk.
jetch17
AG
had another lady scramble and pull up her entire shirt neck over her mouth/nose on the neighborhood trail when i whizzed by on my bike earlier today

insanity.
Diggity
AG
The pandemic has been a great opportunity to identify all the nut jobs from Next Door IRL.
aTm2004
AG
I'm fairly certain my 5 year old can fart on command, and I now see how that could be beneficial.
MarathonAg12
jetch17 said:

had another lady scramble and pull up her entire shirt neck over her mouth/nose on the neighborhood trail when i whizzed by on my bike earlier today

insanity.

How was the mid drift
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

jetch17 said:

insanity.

How was the mid drift
Meaty ogre
jetch17
AG
Yeeeeah it was not desirable
AeroAg1
AG
jetch17 said:

insanity.
Did you see the jugs??
Fitch
AG
aTm2004 said:

Sorry buddy, but you have me confused with someone who actually gives a chit who or what the CC and it's owners are. I don't. The government decided last year that certain businesses were not essential and forced them to close. Not essential to who? Certainly essential to the people whose livelihoods depended on that establishment/job. Now the government decided to give these businesses their freedom back and they decided to throw a grand "FU" party to the government who shut them down. Fully support them in doing so.

Anyone who goes there would have been their by their own free will and not a gun to their head. Any risk they face is their choice, and they understand life has its risks, and they decided the reward is worth the risk.

That's a great projection of a noble cause (several in fact) but I don't care to argue. This group is trash ownership and can go down so far as I'm concerned.

We're agreed on the patronage. Darwinism works fine for me, though I do feel a little bad for grandma when Billy Badass goes by for a visit next Saturday despite having a case of the sniffles. Is what it is.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
A year in and have spent meaningful time with all members of my family multiple times.
Fitch
AG
third coast.. said:

Wow. A year in and we are still on the "you're gonna kill meemaw and pawpaw" steez. For shame.
Had a great aunt go into hospice Sunday for this reason in fact.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.