Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,279 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Humble ISD just sent an email to solicit feedback from parents about their mask policy.

Options are:
Keep it as is
End immediately
End in a few weeks after SB

Asked about elementary staff:
Continue to wear masks
No more masks for elementary faculty

Wish that ISD would growing a fkn pair.

The general public is the last group that needs to be deciding what to do when it comes to the education of our youth.
Actually, they sent out a similar survey prior to school starting last fall, and due to the response (some schools were 90%+ full in person from the survey, IIRC), they told Dora to go eff herself and started 2 weeks virtual returning to in person for the people who chose it after that. MS and HS did have alternating in person/virtual days while elementary was full in person if chosen. Within a few weeks of going in person, they were having to move kids to new classes due to the number of students switching from virtual to in person and needing to bring in/reassign teachers to teach in person. So, I appreciate them not making a decision without knowing what parents and staff would prefer.

And seeing how Fa..gen handled the start of school, if majority of parents and teachers wanted the mandatory requirement removed and replaced with a "personal preference," I'd see her implementing it after SB. My wife and I watched the school board meeting last summer prior to the decision where they had parents in person and virtually giving their thoughts on reopening (overwhelmingly in support of in person), and the discussion that happened among the board after. I'll say this, I'm sure my politics do not align with some on the board, but I'll never know because they didn't let it come into play. The took the feedback from parents (both there and the survey), looked at the opening plans, and made a decision based on what the feedback was while taking the concerns from the ones who didn't want in person into account. And throughout the year, they've adjusted the requirements as more data has come out (more students in person, removal of alternating in person/virtual schedule, integrated lunches in elementary, etc). I couldn't ask for more from a school board/district in how they've handled this. Props to them.
AgLiving06
Well I got my confirmation today that I'm scheduled to get a shot tomorrow (presumably moderna or pfizer).

Pretty surprised I got selected, but I'll take it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just got notified that CCISD is convening a committee to determine the mask requirement next week. With Spring Break being the following week it seems apparent they're punting until after. Personally, I think they ought to just leave it for the year. It's going to cause disruptions if they change it.
Irish 2.0
Ranger #007 said:

Just got notified that CCISD is convening a committee to determine the mask requirement next week. With Spring Break being the following week it seems apparent they're punting until after. Personally, I think they ought to just leave it for the year. It's going to cause disruptions if they change it.

Should make it optional. Time for the kids to begin rebuilding their identity and individuality after a year of this bull****
jetch17
AG
There's a bunch of Karen's reeeeee'ing about 'email the superintendent' at our CFISD elementary

A couple eyeballed me standing 30ft away from each other waiting to pickup the kids today ... what in the actual F? I looked around at everyone sprinkled around standing and waiting all wearing masks outdoors - so fugging stupid.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
third coast.. said:

Ranger #007 said:

Don't change the ridiculous requirement because the morons will cause too much ruckus. Kids and logic be damned.

It'll likely end up being a big pain in the ass. I just as soon they leave it the way it is given they basically have one nine weeks left and then go completely back to normal with no online option in the fall.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
third coast.. said:

I dont understand how stopping the mask requirement would cause disruptions outside of the covidiots causing a ruckus about literally killing people.

Because, depending on numbers, if they pull their kids out of brick and mortar there is the chance that it could require schedule changes to accommodate. I don't know that it would but that's already been something our kids have had to deal with as kids have come back. Could be all talk but there are a lot of them saying they'll pull kids back out should they change the policy.
Caliber
AG
Yep, its the number of idiots that will roll back to virtual and screw everything up.

The ISDs aren't gonna cut the virtual option this year...

So, basically it comes down to a money game. Cheapest option for them is to keep the masks this year.
chjoak
AG
jetch17 said:

There's a bunch of Karen's reeeeee'ing about 'email the superintendent' at our CFISD elementary

A couple eyeballed me standing 30ft away from each other waiting to pickup the kids today ... what in the actual F? I looked around at everyone sprinkled around standing and waiting all wearing masks outdoors - so fugging stupid.
Ridiculous. My kid is a hiker/biker and I have NEVER seen one of the parents picking up (or dropping off) wearing a mask.
tylercsbn9
AG
chjoak said:

jetch17 said:

Ridiculous. My kid is a hiker/biker and I have NEVER seen one of the parents picking up (or dropping off) wearing a mask.

Yeah. My kid goes home as a hiker/biker a few times a week at one of the Bridgeland elementary schools. I've never seen a parent with a mask.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
third coast.. said:

chjoak said:

jetch17 said:

See it at daycare where none of the kids have to wear masks. idiots.
AgLiving06
Well..got shot one (Pfizer) at NRG today.

Overall pretty well done and was completely done in 45 minutes or so.
JYDog90
AG
J&J tomorrow at Stallworth in Baytown.
Formerly Willy Wonka
lunchbox
Got the J&J shot yesterday at Lone Star Tomball (HEB was running the site).

HEB is giving Chick Fil A a run for their money when it comes to logistics. I walked up 20 mins before my appt and within 5 mins, I had my shot and was waiting my 15 mins before I could leave. On the way out, they offered snacks, juice, hand sanitizer...

My wife did her first Moderna shot at Walmart in Humble a couple of weeks ago and she didn't get it until 3 hours AFTER her appt. She's in nursing school and actively inside of ICUs every week so she was in a hurry to get vaccinated....but still....Walmart? I think they had a greeter with a broken arm monitoring everyone during the 15-mins before you can leave.
rilloaggie
AG
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/mask-off-party-houston-bar-turner-demands-cancel/285-50ff80d1-a22e-4114-b930-8f309aadd6b9

The bedwetters sure are riled up about this!
BohunkAg
AG
lunchbox said:

HEB is giving Chick Fil A a run for their money when it comes to logistics. I walked up 20 mins before my appt and within 5 mins, I had my shot and was waiting my 15 mins before I could leave. On the way out, they offered snacks, juice, hand sanitizer...

My wife did her first Moderna shot at Walmart in Humble a couple of weeks ago and she didn't get it until 3 hours AFTER her appt. She's in nursing school and actively inside of ICUs every week so she was in a hurry to get vaccinated....but still....Walmart? I think they had a greeter with a broken arm monitoring everyone during the 15-mins before you can leave.
HEB has been very efficient with their vaccine distribution from what I can tell.
Irish 2.0
rilloaggie said:

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/mask-off-party-houston-bar-turner-demands-cancel/285-50ff80d1-a22e-4114-b930-8f309aadd6b9

The bedwetters sure are riled up about this!
If it wasn't at such a **** establishment, I might have gone.
Post removed:
by user
TX04Aggie
AG
Drove down Washington last night. It was absolutely packed. Cars, traffic, people, packed places. Think it is hilarious our city leaders have time to hee haw over this... they are so butthurt over losing their control. I finally walked into Home Depot and Lowes sans mask yesterday. Only a handful of us, but not a word said to me. Felt good. Noticed a few restaurants had taken their signage down but everyone was still masked up. So this may be the subtle beginning of things starting to go back to normal without drawing Karen's attention. Although the crazies in my hood have been calling places and posting on next door to shame the ones they dont like the answer on...
HtownAg92
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Drove down Washington last night. It was absolutely packed. Cars, traffic, people, packed places. Think it is hilarious our city leaders have time to hee haw over this... they are so butthurt over losing their control. I finally walked into Home Depot and Lowes sans mask yesterday. Only a handful of us, but not a word said to me. Felt good. Noticed a few restaurants had taken their signage down but everyone was still masked up. So this may be the subtle beginning of things starting to go back to normal without drawing Karen's attention. Although the crazies in my hood have been calling places and posting on next door to shame the ones they dont like the answer on...
They've been jammed everywhere for a while and I still haven't heard of any recent "super spreader" events resulting from bars.

Dora and Sly did everything they could to hype and scare that participating in anything other than downtown protests and hero's horse-drawn carriage funerals will mean certain death. They cried "Code Red" and wolf a few too many times and now those words mean nothing.

This latest one is pretty comical too -- if you have a party celebrating no masks, but other than the catchy theme will be no different than any other Saturday night, it will be a super-spreader event. I guess the 'rona will target those who mock it.
BohunkAg
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Think it is hilarious our city leaders have time to hee haw over this... they are so butthurt over losing their control.
This is what it comes down to. If they were real leaders, they would figure out a way to move forward....but that's not what it's about.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I actually found an appointment for that location. Unfortunately, the appointment was during the 2 hour window that I was committed to something else. I'm hoping to get one this Saturday. I'm glad to hear it's well run.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Had the ronas and my 10-day quarantine ended on 2/19. Want to catch a flight to Cabo next week. What are the chances I'm gonna test negative so soon?
ChemAg15
AG
There's a good chance you'll pop positive..
Jack Klompus
AG
lunchbox said:

What day do they put their appointments online?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Interesting, and yes. That's a good point.
LostInLA07
AG
Continuously. Refresh https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler for an hour or so and you'll find one a reasonable distance from you.
gougler08
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Continuously. Refresh https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler for an hour or so and you'll find one a reasonable distance from you.
This is still just for those that are Phase 1A/1B right?
Fitch
AG
Concrete Cowboy ownership is trash but per the gov's orders they can do what they well want to.

The mask off party theme pretty well spits the face of everyone working to wind this **** down and the lives lost.

C'est la vie...
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.