Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,598 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RO519
AG
All you non-essential workers need to keep in mind, the speed limit is now minimum 80 on all freeways. Don't screw up traffic when you come back.
TXTransplant
That's basically our requirement. Once you get to your desk, you can take the mask off. Still have temp checks to enter the building.

We also have restrictions on personal travel. If you take an international trip, you have to WFH for a week and have a negative PCR test before you can come back.
WES2006AG
AG
Any shot in any arm is a win at this point. These vaccines seem to be out there in enough numbers at this point that I wouldn't worry about taking a dose from someone who needs it. Anybody in the 1a and 1b category have had weeks to try and acquire their vaccine.
jh0400
AG
Found an appointment for today.
jetch17
AG
Linas morning hissy fit

" While Texas may be issuing an all-clear, our Harris County threat level is still at Level 1 severe (red), and not getting any better. I know the signals are all over the place right now. But here in Harris County, the data tells us we have to mask up, avoid gatherings, and get vaccinated."
LostInLA07
AG
" I know the signals are all over the place right now"

Aka: the data and metrics don't correspond to code red hide panic, but I want you to anyway because I need a wedge issue with the Governor.
FarmerJohn
AG
Thanks for the responses. I'm sure our policy will come out shortly after we do our due diligence.

Daddy-O5
AG
Sorry you got castrated again by wheels L-Dog.
jetch17
AG
Accompanied by this:

cone
AG
Quote:

not getting any better
ridiculous

it's not over, but it's a 100x better than it was two months ago

anecdotally - it's still hard to get transferred to a hospital and find a bed now, but the word is that it's now far more of a function of staffing issues at the larger hospitals (support staff got burned out, quit, etc) than it is about the itis
cone
AG
jetch17 said:

Accompanied by this:

lol

is hospital population the same as ICU population? why not define the indicator on those terms?

and

oh **** a 23 cases per day increase over two weeks

is that signal or noise?
BohunkAg
AG
She's moving the goalposts and not actually talking to anyone with boots on the ground. It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. After a year of this, people may just start to see through this at some point.
Diggity
AG
Lina is such a disingenuous dud.

She's clearly fallen in love with the praise & adoration that her social media fans have bestowed on her.

When this thing is finally out of the news, her moment in the sun will be over. Got to keep it going!
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah she really is trying too hard now.... give it up girl, your "reign" is over and has been over.
Jack Klompus
AG
jetch17 said:

Linas morning hissy fit

" While Texas may be issuing an all-clear, our Harris County threat level is still at Level 1 severe (red), and not getting any better. I know the signals are all over the place right now. But here in Harris County, the data tells us we have to mask up, avoid gatherings, and get vaccinated."
Note she posted that from her personal Twitter account, not her official JUDGE LINA HIDALGO account.
Post removed:
by user
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The threat level crap drives me insane. It's been red for a good 9 months which means that it actually means nothing. She was very efficient at getting people to not give a rat's ass what the threat level is.
sts7049
AG
jetch17 said:

Accompanied by this:

i like how "indicator met" is still in yellow, to add to that negative messaging. can't accidentally show any hope using positive green colors anywhere.
AgLiving06
jetch17 said:

Linas morning hissy fit

Wait...we've had a mask mandate for months with very high participation. If masks were as useful as Lina claims, shouldn't we be out of the severe status and into a lower status? It seems like, and I know this is a crazy thought, that the masks do very little to help and this virus is just gonna virus...
Jack Klompus
AG
I'd argue we should be at level green.
https://www.readyharris.org/Portals/60/documents/INFO_ReopeningStrategyPUBLIC-FULL.pdf
gougler08
AG
Jack Klompus said:

I'd argue we should be at level green.
https://www.readyharris.org/Portals/60/documents/INFO_ReopeningStrategyPUBLIC-FULL.pdf
I think yellow would be appropriate right now, but being at red is just a lie
Diggity
AG
not to harp on this point, but this "not getting better" line is just utter nonsense. How can you look at case levels (using her own data) and say that?

chjoak
AG
All she sees is the little blip at the very end and is deciding that we are trending poorly and all going to die.
Diggity
AG
sadly...you're not wrong

we could be stuck at zero and she'll be *****ing that things aren't getting any better.
BohunkAg
AG
My head hurt the first (and 60th) time I read on Twitter the last few days "Greg Abbott is a murderer."

OK, maybe dial down the rhetoric there Fred.

And this was from blue checkmarks too. Hell, even Allyson Footer, who blogs on the Astros was going nuts over the whole thing. How do these people cope day to day?
Nitro Power
AG
Diggity said:

not to harp on this point, but this "not getting better" line anything Dora says is just utter nonsense. How can you look at case levels (using her own data) and say that?

FIFY
Diggity
AG
for some reason, nearly all sports media figures have glommed onto the doom & gloom.

pandering to (what they perceive to be) the mood of their followers is the only reason I can come up with.
cone
AG
BohunkAg said:

My head hurt the first (and 60th) time I read on Twitter the last few days "Greg Abbott is a murderer."

OK, maybe dial down the rhetoric there Fred.

And this was from blue checkmarks too. Hell, even Allyson Footer, who blogs on the Astros was going nuts over the whole thing. How do these people cope day to day?
I'd like someone to explain to me what fundamentally is going to change.

All Abbott did was take his hands off the politics of the situation. You can certainly argue whether that's the right move at this time, from either side - whether or not it's responsible to punt at this stage in vaccinations. But it's more a matter of political liability than emboldening the "virus".

At least where I live, I don't anticipate any changes to masking or distancing policies at all in the short term.
gougler08
AG
People are so scared (for whatever reason) that they can't think critically. As we continue to vaccinate more and more people each day + seasonality leading us to be outside more, we won't be going back to Dec/Jan spikes with or without a mask mandate
htxag09
AG
I'd love a statistic on percentage of people who've added the I'm still masking up because I care Facebook badge to their profile picture who have received the vaccine.
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
Ranger #007 said:

The threat level crap drives me insane. It's been red for a good 9 months which means that it actually means nothing. She was very efficient at getting people to not give a rat's ass what the threat level is.

True story.

Just as an indication- there's a massive youth baseball tournament here this weekend starting tomorrow. The Perfect Game USA Super Regional NIT. There are close to 700 teams from 6U-14U coming, including teams from like 10 states including California, New York, and Florida.

I can promise you that less than 5% of the people attending will be wearing masks.

Hell, we got back to playing Memorial Day weekend last year and in all the tournaments there wasn't a single documented case of covid that could be traced to a tournament.
HtownAg92
AG
I guess I'm a little surprised at the number of people who are still vigilantly clinging to fear and coronabro status.

I'll admit, my wife was a fairly staunch covidian at the beginning, but her resolve chipped away the more time passed, the more fake studies were exposed, and the more the scientists flip-flopped.

Abbott's actions drew a fairly big "meh" from her, stating that it won't change that much -- people will wear masks if they want and businesses will require them if they want. Big deal.

On the other hand, some closet covidians have come out in force and panic with this, basically screaming that Abbott just handed out a death sentence to everyone.

If you didn't know better, you would believe that Abbott banned all mask use, increased restaurant and bar capacity to 200% overflow, and requires every Texan to spit AIDS into each other's mouths when they see each other on the street.
kapon
AG
Where, Tarpon?
First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.