Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,048 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I wouldn't say it sucks but it ain't great.

Them getting rid of 5 O'clock Pils is damn near unforgivable.

5:00 pils was good but wasn't selling. Have you had the bee H Town Pils?

A double IPA is dropping next week but haters gonna hate.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
drumboy
AG
FPS_Dough said:

St Arnolds has a beer black is beautiful

Breweries all over town and the country did a BiB beer. Haven't tried any but I'm sure they're good.
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Irish 2.0
Can we just all agree that Crawford Bock sucks ass?

I know it isn't St. Arnold's, but I feel it should be said often when Houston beers are discussed
Post removed:
by user
rhoswen
AG
Aww it's been a couple months since I've been accused of being self-centered and not caring about Memaw. I kinda missed it.

/eyeroll

What do these people think is going to happen? We'll blow the lid off & deaths are going to skyrocket like they never have before? I can't even figure out where this attitude comes from. It makes no sense.
cap-n-jack
Dora thinks that this un-masking is done to take attention away from the grid mismanagement.
First of all, I don't think she thinks that, I don't think she thinks at all. Her handlers are speaking through her.
Second, I wish she'd just plop out one or both of those melons at a presser. At least something about her would be interesting.
tylercsbn9
AG
rhoswen said:

What do these people think is going to happen? We'll blow the lid off & deaths are going to skyrocket like they never have before? I can't even figure out where this attitude comes from. It makes no sense.

They think exactly this

And completely ignore the fact that Cali has preformed at best equal to Florida with this whole COVID19 thing when they've had all kinds of restrictions and Florida never even had a mask mandate.
drumboy
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Can we just all agree that Crawford Bock sucks ass?

I know it isn't St. Arnold's, but I feel it should be said often when Houston beers are discussed

Beer sucks but great marketing and branding.

jetch17
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Dora thinks that this un-masking is done to take attention away from the grid mismanagement.
First of all, I don't think she thinks that, I don't think she thinks at all. Her handlers are speaking through her.
Second, I wish she'd just plop out one or both of those melons at a presser. At least something about her would be interesting.

I'm starting to think she's got big bologna dinnerplates....
CW Griswold
Think she would be willing to sell her used face masks? Asking for a friend.
-
BohunkAg
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Post of the thread!
Al Bula
AG
I can respect people clutching their masks. But I cannot figure out for the freaking life of me people who wear masks outdoors. In small groups.
maroon10
AG
Apparently Apache had their employees get the vaccine and had close to 60+ unused not show up for their appointments, so they allowed them to call around anyone to come up for those unused. Crazy..60+ we're going to waste
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

I can respect people clutching their masks. But I cannot figure out for the freaking life of me people who wear masks outdoors. In small groups.

Wearing a mask for Coronabros has gone way past "safety". It's become their virtue signaling talisman, and the way they show solidarity with their BIPOC non-gendered comrades. To take that away from them is literally Hitler.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jetch17 said:

cap-n-jack said:

I'm starting to think she's got big bologna dinnerplates....

It's an interesting visual until you realize there has got to be five or six curly black hairs coming out of each of them.
Bondag
AG
maroon10 said:

Apparently Apache had their employees get the vaccine and had close to 60+ unused not show up for their appointments, so they allowed them to call around anyone to come up for those unused. Crazy..60+ we're going to waste

I thought Harris County threw you in jail for giving out unused vaccines.
Post removed:
by user
HtownAg92
AG
Bondag said:

maroon10 said:

Only if you are an Indian doctor and give them to Indian individuals who need them instead of tossing them in a dumpster.
Ag_07
AG
Bondag said:

maroon10 said:

Nope...You got it twisted

They give out the unused to the jailed.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ag_07 said:

Bondag said:

maroon10 said:

Nope...You got it twisted

They give out the unused to the jailed.
That's a trick, there's no one in jail.
aTm '99
Silky Johnston
I have never understood these capacity percentages and how it actually affects how many people are allowed in a restaurant. This entire time, I have never once been turned away or had to wait while a restaurant returned back to the capacity level. So many people have been scared sh/t less and haven't been going to restaurants. The people that weren't afraid have been still going out.

I don't see how having 25% vs 100% capacity makes any difference. It just looks alarming to people that can't think for themselves.
Panama Red
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Isn't pretty much every business going to do this for God knows how long, to the cheers of fake Twitter accounts and people who never leave their home anyway?
Just so happens I was at St. Arnolds beer garden yesterday for lunch just before the news broke.

I am thankful for St. Arnolds doing their part to slow the spread by requiring a mask be worn when you walk 20 yards to your table when you arrive. Without that kind of gesture, we'd be in serious trouble.
jetch17
AG
ooooh weeeee the houston restaurant virtue signaling is thicccccc on the socials.
AustinCountyAg
Panama Red said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Isn't pretty much every business going to do this for God knows how long, to the cheers of fake Twitter accounts and people who never leave their home anyway?
Just so happens I was at St. Arnolds beer garden yesterday for lunch just before the news broke.

I am thankful for St. Arnolds doing their part to slow the spread by requiring a mask be worn when you walk 20 yards to your table when you arrive. Without that kind of gesture, we'd be in serious trouble.
hero's
Panama Red
AG
Was at Kirby Ice House right after the announcement. The owner almost immediately started taking down the ropes that divide parts of the bar to avoid people being too close to one another. No word yet on how long their current supply of chips in buckets will last, but they won't be replenishing it.
TarponChaser
T Durden said:

TXTransplant said:

CoachRTM said:

Diggity said:

CoachRTM said:

I know too many people that have been stuck in their house for a year now.... barely every leaving the house. COVID and the response to it was always going to cause a ton of anxiety and mental issues as we opened back up.... ripping the band-aid off all at once doesn't seem like the right decision here to me.
what band-aid is being ripped off here? These people are still able to stay at home, or not.

Quote:

I personally think masks are useless and mostly just emotion theater to make people feel better
if you truly believe this, you are basically conceding the mandate is political theater...so why are you upset about it being lifted?
The band-aid being ripped off is for us to go to 100% open. You're already seeing people freak out. My opinion is based on what helps the whole country get back to normal the fastest. By going from 25->100, you're basically taking the people who are freaking out and put them in a defensive position that's going to cause this whole thing to drag out even longer.

Yes, the mask is political theater. I wouldn't have done that if I was in charge at the beginning. Being that we are there now, what is the best way to get us out of it? I think a slower approach would have been better.

We should have gone back to businesses 100% open months ago. The businesses that have had their capacity restricted are not "essential businesses", meaning anyone who was agitated of Covid could have easily avoided them in the first place. There was no reason to put govt restrictions in place to keep people "safe".

Example - gyms and exercise classes. If you are so afraid of covid, then you have absolutely no business going to a gym or exercise class. Masks and reduced capacity aren't going to protect you. All the restrictions did was put a huge strain on businesses - particularly small businesses - and cause hardship for the business owners, employees, and customers.

Another example - Disneyland/World. DL has been closed for a year now. Again, if you are high risk or that afraid of covid, DON'T GO THERE! There was absolutely no reason for the govt to shut down an entire industry (at least in CA).

Have you SEEN the number of obese people riding scooters at Disney?

I haz the fats. I also haz arthritic knees and virtually zero cartilage left due to football injuries. I'll be damned if I'm one of those people at Disney. When we've taken our kids I felt downright svelte compared to those land manatees. But for ****'s sake people, have some freaking pride. Get off your lazy ass and walk. I may have been chewing ibuprofen at night like candy after walking 10 miles a day but I'm damn sure not riding one of those fatmobiles.

Those people piss me off something fierce.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Bondag said:

maroon10 said:

Only if you are an Indian doctor and give them to Indian individuals who need them instead of tossing them in a dumpster.
they are Apache, so why aren't they in jail???
drumboy
AG
Panama Red said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

They also have had the inside closed the whole time and from what I've read, infection from outside exposure is much lower. So the whole wearing your mask when moving is probably not that effective (except when going to the pisser possibly), they're losing out on a lot of money by keeping the inside closed. I've been there multiple times when there's a 30+ minute wait for a table outside.

Here's the view of the inside from better days.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
The meltdown on next door is glorious
AlaskanAg99
AG
Going to HEB this weekend will be hilarious.
aTm '99
BohunkAg
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

The meltdown on next door is glorious
I think the meltdown on places like Twitter and nextdoor makes all of this worth it. My favorite phrase yesterday that I saw more than once was "you can't take responsibility for yourself, so the government needs to do it for you." OK, Stalin.
camelclub
AG
it has now been over a year since the 1st quarantines were announced at Rice University.

I'll never forget those words as I see them everytime i open this thread
Slappy74
AG
Both my employer and the contractor we are working with have announced that all COVID protocols will remain in place. No indication of when they'll roll back.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mine said something similar masks will remain, that's fine then I'll continue to work from home if it's not safe enough for me to work in the office without a mask on.
First Page Last Page
Page 357 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.