Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,296 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
rhoswen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I reeeeeeally want a source for this Dallas judge business. If that's true, that's messed up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I don't know about the claim in that tweet, but Jenkins has been more power-mad than Little Lina since this all started. His reaction today: "Listen to me and the doctors."
Bockaneer
AG
TXTransplant said:

Tomball ISD punted to TEA. Said nothing will change until they get guidance from TEA
I believe I saw TEA said it was up to the individual school districts.
LostInLA07
AG
Hot potato
Quincey P. Morris
AG
tylercsbn9
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Drop the requirements and really make people's heads explode please.

I'm sure when we don't spike like crazy again they'll move the goal posts again
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If you're expecting any changes with schools you're setting yourself up for disappointment. They're gonna punt to the summer.
Bockaneer
AG
My bad. Abbott said TEA would probably let local districts decide.

BohunkAg
AG
Sasappis said:

That twitter handle shows up on the politics board a lot and is usually completely unsubstantiated or just flat out false.

Yeah I've been following that handle for a while and it seems like it's just some sort of alarmist bullsh-tter
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

Diggity said:

CoachRTM said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

There are still people that desperately want the vaccine (I know some in the 1A/1B category) that are unable to get the shot yet. I think that we should have at least cleared that group before going 100%, but that's just me.

We're never gonna clear a whole group. At some point you have move forward

Because honestly I don't see how they haven't gotten it if they are in indeed in that group. I've personally heard of people not in those groups getting it because vaccine places can't fill all their slots and they need to use it up.

Two different issues here.

My father in-law is 64 and a cancer survivor. He is unable to sign up because the slots are full. There are no open slots in his area.

Vaccines are going to waste because people aren't showing up for their appointments, and the vaccine goes bad after leaving refrigeration.

We went through the same with my dad until a few weeks ago. It's a pain, but you have to jump on the websites when they open up. My wife keeps an eye on these lists through her little mom's group. I can give you a heads up next time I hear of something.

As far as "wasted vaccine", I haven't read anything about his being a wide spread issues. The folks administering these vaccines typically have backup plans for no-shows.

This is where I think we've failed the highest risk population, particularly the elderly. My friend has a 96 year old grandmother who still hasn't been vaccinated because she lives in an independent living facility (and not assisted care). She doesn't have the means to even schedule a vaccine appointment, much less get to one. But because her facility is independent and not assisted living, she can't get a vaccine brought to her. And she's not allowed to have visitors, so no one can go get her to take her.

Thankfully, a family friend (grandma lives in another state) offered to make the appt if the facility will transport her there.

Not trying to be an azzhole, but should we really be prioritizing 96 year olds?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That was when masks had been mandated. They didn't need to put in a requirement. If that remains the same I'd be extremely surprised.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG

Isn't pretty much every business going to do this for God knows how long, to the cheers of fake Twitter accounts and people who never leave their home anyway?
LostInLA07
AG
Give it two weeks
Nitro Power
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Isn't pretty much every business going to do this for God knows how long, to the cheers of fake Twitter accounts and people who never leave their home anyway?
Probably not a popular take, but their beer sucks anyway.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
captkirk
AG
Diggity said:

you ain't kidding. This lady already has both doses, but everyone gonna die now.

Someone should tell her businesses can still mandate whatever the hell they want...and nobody is preventing you and your malnourished ilk from wearing all the masks you want.

Why can't they still distance and wear masks if they choose to?
Diggity
AG
They can't do it Captain! They don't have the power!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
People acting like Saint Arnold doing this is surprising are the same people that are shocked Willie Nelson is a liberal.
TXTransplant
If the priority is to reduce deaths, yes.

81% of all Covid deaths are among those 65 and older; 32% are 85+.

This also happens to be the age demographic that needs the most assistance with making and getting to vaccine appointments.

If you want to significantly reduce deaths, you vaccinate the oldest first.

jetch17
AG
Every joint in town will continue to trot the mask line for a while to show they 'care' and don't agree ... then will quietly drop it. All restraunts have been already doing it all day

Sly will def still try to pull rank on stuff like Astros attendance and city events...
tylercsbn9
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

HEB already said they won't. That's where I mostly go other than baseball stuff for my kids where we never even wore masks in the first place.

If other businesses require I'll just go somewhere else.
tylercsbn9
AG
captkirk said:

Diggity said:

you ain't kidding. This lady already has both doses, but everyone gonna die now.

Someone should tell her businesses can still mandate whatever the hell they want...and nobody is preventing you and your malnourished ilk from wearing all the masks you want.

Why can't they still distance and wear masks if they choose to?

Because they need the safety illusion of others wearing masks. Simple as that.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I wouldn't say it sucks but it ain't great.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm curious what the beer of choice is for the "their beer sucks" folks.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I wouldn't say it sucks but it ain't great.

Them getting rid of 5 O'clock Pils is damn near unforgivable.
Post removed:
by user
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Ranger #007 said:

People acting like Saint Arnold doing this is surprising are the same people that are shocked Willie Nelson is a liberal.

Not surprising at all, and their right to do it. I just wonder, and fear, that nearly every business will continue to require masks.
Irish 2.0
HEB response to all the tweets asking what they'll do.
Onceaggie2.0
St Arnolds has a beer black is beautiful
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You're gonna be hard pressed to find a brewery that didn't brew that exact beer.
AeroAg1
AG
Diggity said:

hate to break it to you, people were going to freak out on social media no matter what. It's what people do.
That's true and much like children the more you notice them the more they will freak out.
Onceaggie2.0
Ranger #007 said:

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a brewery that didn't brew that exact beer.
Yeah I don't know not a beer snob went to st Arnolds once. Never seen it in the grocery stores.
IronRed13
AG
So do over a thousand other breweries in 22 countries. Liquid pandering
TXTransplant
So, the thing that some people seem to be completely (and conveniently) ignoring is that standard contact tracing procedures are contact within 6 ft for more than 15 minutes with no mask.

If you come into contact with someone who tests positive and all three of those criteria are met, then you have to quarantine. If you come into contact with someone who tests positive and only one or two of those criteria are met, you don't have to quarantine.

This is effectively the "standard" that the public health department is using.

So, even if you did get it from someone and you were both wearing masks and staying 6 ft apart, public health says it didn't happen and you must have gotten it somewhere else.

So, who the heck goes to HEB and gets closer than 6ft to a complete stranger for 15 minutes?

Masks shouldn't be required in places like HEB for that reason alone.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It was a big thing in craft beer. The recipe was made by a black brewer out of San Antonio. Thousands of breweries picked it up. They made their own version and donated proceeds to charities of their choice. Pretty sure they were predominantly brewery only releases or maybe distributed to a few bars. Nothing insanely political.
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.