Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,917 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drumboy said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Went to HEB Heights this afternoon and didn't wear a mask. Not a peep from anyone.

Thank you for your service.

I'm doing my part to prove that not wearing a mask won't kill you.
aTm2004
AG
It's not today you have to worry about...it's 2 weeks from today.
rhoswen
AG
The last couple weeks down here (league city area) has generally been like... employee of wherever I am pulls up mask as I approach (with mask) and then I tell them "oh no need, it doesn't bother me" then we both pull down our masks so we can actually communicate. They always look relieved.

I don't get Abbot "working" to lift restrictions. He set them all down with a pen and not caring what anyone thought, he can do it again.
Keegan99
AG
It's not like Abbott is leading from the front on this. DeSantis has already cleared a path for wheels.

CoachRTM
AG
I will wear a mask into all public establishments until everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine. I personally don't care, but I know people that do, and if me putting on a mask can help make someone else's day less stressful or feel more comfortable, it's no skin off my back.

Once everyone can get the vaccine, I will only wear it where explicitly required.
aTm2004
AG
You and other drivers make my commute stressful. Stay off the roads. Kthnxbi
rhoswen
AG
CoachRTM said:

I will wear a mask into all public establishments until everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine. I personally don't care, but I know people that do, and if me putting on a mask can help make someone else's day less stressful or feel more comfortable, it's no skin off my back.

Once everyone can get the vaccine, I will only wear it where explicitly required.

What about the fact that wearing a mask makes people stressed out & uncomfortable... do they not factor into your reasoning? If they do not, then "I don't want to make people uncomfortable" isn't your reasoning, but virtue signaling that you are so altruistic might be.
Post removed:
by user
LostInLA07
AG
That's a very optimistic timeline. I think it will take decades if ever. Certainly not while any of the current bureaucrats or academics are still in a position of authority.
aTm2004
AG
Retires? Dude is making $400k/yr in a government job, which we all know is pretty much a lifetime job. He ain't going anywhere vertical.
Stat Monitor Repairman
An entire year later and we are still walking around in dust masks.

We are the dumbest people alive and will deserve every bit of the economic pain we haven't scratched the surface of yet.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aTm2004 said:

Retires? Dude is making $400k/yr in a government job, which we all know is pretty much a lifetime job. He ain't going anywhere vertical.

He will when he gets that 90% pension and gets paid to become a CNN analyst.
CoachRTM
AG
rhoswen said:

CoachRTM said:

What about the fact that wearing a mask makes people stressed out & uncomfortable... do they not factor into your reasoning? If they do not, then "I don't want to make people uncomfortable" isn't your reasoning, but virtue signaling that you are so altruistic might be.

It doesn't stress me in the slightest. You're arguing apples to oranges.

I don't care what you do.
XpressAg09
AG
rhoswen said:

virtue signaling
Ding ding ding.
jetch17
AG
get ready for the lina/sly circle jerk when ol' dead eyes visits vaccination centers today in Tine ... if they can get him off AF1

RangerRick9211
AG
CoachRTM said:

rhoswen said:

CoachRTM said:

Lol, seriously. Don't wear the mask if it makes you squeamish. Wtf does that have to do with you wearing a mask?

I'll be doing the same as Coach. Many servers, grocery store people, etc didn't have the option to hide away for a year in their homes. If a mask makes them feel more comfortable, I'll do the polite thing and wear it. It's of no materiality to me.
aTm2004
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

CoachRTM said:

rhoswen said:

CoachRTM said:

Lol, seriously. Don't wear the mask if it makes you squeamish. Wtf does that have to do with you wearing a mask?

I'll be doing the same as Coach. Many servers, grocery store people, etc didn't have the option to hide away for a year in their homes. If a mask makes them feel more comfortable, I'll do the polite thing and wear it. It's of no materiality to me.
Sounds like the type of person who would wear a butt plug if the government told him to and some snowflake felt more comfortable with him wearing one.

It seems that people now believe life is without risks, but it's not. Everyday, we all assess risk in what we do and determine if we continue doing it or not. Everything from eating, drinking, walking up/down stairs, driving, etc. There's nothing in this world that has zero risk.
aggiemike02
AG
hahahaha youre such a ******.
aTm2004
AG
aggiemike02 said:

Rather be a ****** than a sheep.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I love the sheep insult. It's the insult of choice for folks that are a sheep to a shepherd they can't acknowledge.
TefIon Don
AG
aggiemike02 said:

Anytime I insult a lib poster, my post gets deleted in about 1 minute.

Staph, you gonna let this one slide??
aTm2004
AG
What shepherd is that? The ability to think for ones self? Being able to look at actual data and draw a reasonable conclusion? No matter what how you choose to justify it..."I wear a mask for your safety, not mine...If me wearing a mask makes someone feel more comfortable, then..." despite no actual data supporting the effectiveness of wearing one, you're doing exactly what a sheep does...following direction without questioning it.

At some point, people are going to have to learn to live with COVID and take the proper precautions for themselves, and not rely on anyone else to do it for them. If going to the grocery store our out to eat among mask less people gives you the vapes or you're in one of the higher risk categories (we have enough data to know who those people are), then either suck it up or do curbside. Call me a dick, call me cold hearted, or an *******...I don't care. I'm not responsible for your safety just as you're not responsible for mine, and a year into this, we know enough about it for every person to make an educated decision on what is best for themselves and their families.
aTm2004
AG
Nah...leave it up. I dish it out as well, so I am able to take it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
To be frank I have no idea if that describes you or not. The people I typically see use it are people who are a slave to one ideology or another on both sides of the spectrum. I think it's a lazy thing to say that, in this case, may or may not be true given the people you're talking to. I agree with most of your response, but just not the part where you'd categorize anyone who doesn't handle it the way you do as a sheep who doesn't think critically.
BohunkAg
AG
The funny thing is we are debating the same bullsh-t a year into this.....and no one is really any the wiser on any of this. Even the so called scientists are just able to offer a bunch of likelys and probablys.
CoachRTM
AG
aTm2004 said:

You and other drivers make my commute stressful. Stay off the roads. Kthnxbi
Sorry, missed this the other day. This isn't a fair comparison.

I need to drive to get to work, to run my errands, to do whatever I need to do in my life. Me electing not to drive would put a huge strain on my family's life and how we live it.

Wearing a mask doesn't bother me at all. Me electing to wear a mask doesn't add a burden to me or my family in any way.

I'll say it again, if I can do something that doesn't bother me at all, but helps those around me, I'm going to do it. I think that's an opinion that a decent human being should have. Now, If you want to debate whether the government should be able to FORCE anyone to wear a mask, that's a completely different conversation, and I imagine most of us would be on the same side of the conversation there.
gougler08
AG
This thread is cyclical like COVID, aTm2004 has to get in a pissing match every few months
cone
AG
lina has dead eyes too
cone
AG
i feel like we've learned a lot, although we can't really discuss what we've learned because it's impolite

covid is real. most people who get it are fine or muddle through. old people can get really sick. sometimes youngish people get sick and die.

the PPE that HCWs use work. most people don't use that type of PPE and the feds haven't recommended that quality primarily. most of the cloth masking that meets min requirements in polite society doesn't work at all (and might promote a false sense of security)

most spread happens in the home, and whatever spread that doesn't happen there generally happens indoors in public places (mostly work places). it doesn't spread outdoors as a general rule and closing beaches and playgrounds is stupid.

the vaccines seem to work miraculously well and prevent spread.

covid 19 seems to be seasonal. the current ebb is a combination of that and a certain number of people susceptible and vulnerable (mostly due to economic and working conditions) having already caught the itis.

the evidence that the flu, norovirus, RSV has been knocked out entirely by masking/current NPIs doesn't meet strict scrutiny. we don't know exactly why yet, but just attributing it to human intervention doesn't add up when looking at global data.

public health experts with media platforms routinely put out noble lies. they will absolutely not level with us because they don't trust us.

i mean, i feel confident we know these things.
aTm2004
AG
BohunkAg said:

The funny thing is we are debating the same bullsh-t a year into this.....and no one is really any the wiser on any of this. Even the so called scientists are just able to offer a bunch of likelys and probablys.
CDUB98
AG
And we've wrapped this thread up with cone going *****so in a single post.
aTm2004
AG
Ranger #007 said:

To be frank I have no idea if that describes you or not. The people I typically see use it are people who are a slave to one ideology or another on both sides of the spectrum. I think it's a lazy thing to say that, in this case, may or may not be true given the people you're talking to. I agree with most of your response, but just not the part where you'd categorize anyone who doesn't handle it the way you do as a sheep who doesn't think critically.
As Bohunk said, we're a year into this and it's the same damn ****, except we've now added a 2nd mask and a q-tip up the ass. The government is going to continue to push more and more insane ****, and there are going to be millions (including some on this thread and the entire COVIDian board) that are going to eat it up without ever questioning the validity of the absurd claim being made. If Fauci came out today and said "we are seeing COVID brought into homes on shoes, so we need to wear shoe booties and remove them before walking into our homes," you'd see a huge run on the surgical booties you see at hospitals. It wouldn't surpise me one bit to see a run on cheap flip flops and people just chunking them after 1 use. And I guarantee you some COVIDian on the BC board will claim he's been wearing them since April.
aTm2004
AG
gougler08 said:

This thread is cyclical like COVID, aTm2004 has to get in a pissing match every few months
Weeks, bruh. Get it right.
First Page Last Page
Page 349 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.