Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,109 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Seersucker Ag 2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag said:

No one in the world does that, thank God. Every restaurant I've been to (and I've been to many over the last year) is business as usual besides entry, exit, and going to the restroom.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
jetch17 said:

Houston Health Department, Sly & Lina all starting to pump up the CDC double masking push

F that.

Kind of serious question: why not three or four? What number do we reach that additional masks become less effective?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bondag said:

I'd really like to meet the person who typed out an exception for those who are unconscious or otherwise incapacitated. Doesn't specifically mention the dead, so I guess they are not exempted.
Tabasco
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Bondag said:

No one in the world does that, thank God. Every restaurant I've been to (and I've been to many over the last year) is business as usual besides entry, exit, and going to the restroom.
I take chopsticks to restaurants now. If you are skilled enough, you can use the chopsticks to insert the food in between your mask and your face, that way you never have to even take the mask off. It takes some practice though. The key is to make sure they are small enough "bites" or you will compromise the integrity of the mask seal at the food insertion point. Also, don't use cheap wooden chopsticks you get free at Chinese (source of virus btw) restaurants. They can chaff the mask which could reduce viral protection if there is fine-weave disruption. Use slick resin ones. They slide in and out with ease. For drinking, get the cheap bendy straws and keep the short end in your mouth. The flex elbow on it makes drinking with a mask on easy peasy. If you are right-handed, have it inserted on the left, that way you can do the chopstick insertion method on the right side with no problems.
Premium
AG
Tabasco said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Bondag said:

I take chopsticks to restaurants now. If you are skilled enough, you can use the chopsticks to insert the food in between your mask and your face, that way you never have to even take the mask off. It takes some practice though. The key is to make sure they are small enough "bites" or you will compromise the integrity of the mask seal at the food insertion point. Also, don't use cheap wooden chopsticks you get free at Chinese (source of virus btw) restaurants. They can chaff the mask which could reduce viral protection if there is fine-weave disruption. Use slick resin ones. They slide in and out with ease. For drinking, get the cheap bendy straws and keep the short end in your mouth. The flex elbow on it makes drinking with a mask on easy peasy. If you are right-handed, have it inserted on the left, that way you can do the chopstick insertion method on the right side with no problems.

How do you eat the bat like that?

Stat Monitor Repairman
jetch17 said:

Houston Health Department, Sly & Lina all starting to pump up the CDC double masking push

F that.
We all laughed at double masking early on.

Now its reality. The level of hysteria is unbelievable.

Back in March it new it was gonna be a **** show. This has exceed all my expectations.
XpressAg09
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Bondag said:

More and more are starting to become business as usual, even during entry, exit and going to the bathroom.

It's nice to see.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We have no choice but to destroy the Waugh St. bridge and the Corvid carrying bats living therein.
Diggity
AG
Have had a tough time finding an appointment for my dad so we've been keeping an eye on things.

Walmart Pharmacies in Houston area just opened up appointments for Covid Vaccines.

If you're 1a/1b eligible, schedule online while you can. Not sure how long they'll last but there were quite a few when I was logged on a few minutes ago.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302?
chimpanzee
A year into this and we're talking anal swabs and double masks. They've turned colleges into prisons in states where everything was contactless and 6' spaced for months, while others are wide open, allowing people to do what they want, and there are no differences in outcomes.

How can you not think there's someone yanking our chain here?
Post removed:
by user
HelloUncleNateFitch
Diggity said:

Have had a tough time finding an appointment for my dad so we've been keeping an eye on things.

Walmart Pharmacies in Houston area just opened up appointments for Covid Vaccines.

If you're 1a/1b eligible, schedule online while you can. Not sure how long they'll last but there were quite a few when I was logged on a few minutes ago.

Thanks, I just grabbed one for my father in law.
cone
AG
this double masking guidance is just retcon CYA since they've got to come up with some reason why CA had such a bad outcome with maximalist policy

PPE works but not the PPE they've been claiming as effective and necessary
cone
AG
also, the anal swab **** is pure trolling out of CCP

steady drumbeat of western demoralization
Keegan99
AG
We're already at the point in vaccination efforts where, with a smidgen of diligence and tenacity, a member of a vulnerable population can get a shot if they want it.

The US is closing in on 2 MM+ vaccinations per day. Looking at recent trends, we should hit that point by the end if the month. By June everyone who wants a vaccination will get one. Probably before then, since production is still ramping up and we will be adding the J&J vaccine to the lineup soon.

It's going to be hard for the government to keep the panic going past that point, though I have no doubt that certain politicians and "scientists" will make every effort to do so.
agnerd
AG
Diggity said:

They're all gone now in all of Houston. Stopped looking when I got past College Station.
Diggity
AG
yeah, figured they wouldn't last long. They apparently loaded the openings around midnight last night.

I'll let you know if I hear about any more coming up. My wife has become a vaccine ninja of late.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
agreed. My dad has every co-morbidity in the book and we've had a tough time finding it, so I'm a little skeptical when I read about how easy it is to get a vaccine in Houston.

I'm definitely seeing a lot more vaccines open up as pharmacies get it, but demand is still much higher than supply.
Bondag
AG
Diggity said:

agreed. My dad has every co-morbidity in the book and we've had a tough time finding it, so I'm a little skeptical when I read about how easy it is to get a vaccine in Houston.

I'm definitely seeing a lot more vaccines open up as pharmacies get it, but demand is still much higher than supply.
It is easy to get if you volunteer for 4 hours and post your pics on instagram.
AgLiving06
You gotta keep an eye out for the Memorial Hermann mega weekends they do.

Both my parents have gotten their first round through those days.
Diggity
AG
yeah, my mom is part of that network so she got her shot a month ago. No such luck for pops.
AgLiving06
My parents aren't part of any MH network.

I ended up seeing the first round being advertised at NRG on Facebook and my dad was able to get a slot.

Whenever they announced they'd be doing shots last week in Sugar Land, my dad was able to get my mom signed up pretty easily.

I suggest following MH on facebook and other social so when they announce it you can quickly get him signed up.

That's what has seemed to work for them
Diggity
AG
thanks. He's already signed up for the Walmart, but good to know.
Bert315
AG
AgLiving06 said:

My parents aren't part of any MH network.

I ended up seeing the first round being advertised at NRG on Facebook and my dad was able to get a slot.

Whenever they announced they'd be doing shots last week in Sugar Land, my dad was able to get my mom signed up pretty easily.

I suggest following MH on facebook and other social so when they announce it you can quickly get him signed up.

That's what has seemed to work for them

Do they have a Methodist physician or doc? They are also doing vaccine events.
CDUB98
AG
Keegan99 said:

It's going to be hard for the government to keep the panic going past that point, though I have no doubt that certain politicians and "scientists" will make every effort to do so.

I saw a headline this morning, I think on cnbc.com, that said Biden believes masks will be required through NEXT YEAR. Yes, through 2022.

They're already laying the groundwork.
Diggity
AG
he's just Biden his time to make us a mask society permanently!
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
All gyms, to include the base gym here in CA are still shutdown. Some of the high end gyms, like the redondo beach bay club have moved some stuff outside but all of the affordable gyms are still closed. Don't know how any of them will survive as they've been closed for damn near a year now except for last summer when **** actually got back to normal here for ~ a month.
Fitch
AG
wrong thread
AgLiving06
My dad got shot number 2 today at NRG. Said it took about 30 minutes to weave through the lines but he's now fully immortal (and maybe a zombie).
CDUB98
AG
AgLiving06 said:

My dad got shot number 2 today at NRG. Said it took about 30 minutes to weave through the lines but he's now fully immortal (and maybe a zombie).

Has his 5G come in yet?
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wife just told me that Methodist lost a freezer and have a bunch of vaccines thawing out. Anyone over 18 can come get one
Fitch
AG
Where at?
First Page Last Page
Page 345 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.