Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,233 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no, it won't.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
What hospital do you run?
aTm2004
AG
Actually, it would due to the decrease in false positives.
chimpanzee
What is or might be objectively verifiable could not make less difference with anything related to the political reaction to the 'ro.
aTm2004
AG
Sasappis said:

Quote:

I linked above where the WHO changed what would constitute a positive COVID test. Are you saying the medical center isn't following WHO guidelines?

Correct. You have not provided any evidence that the DHS or the TMC have updated their protocols or definition of confirmed cases to match the tweet of some supposed WHO guidelines. When you click on the WHO link in the tweet it does not go to a valid web page for the WHO.
Here is the updated guideline: https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

Quote:

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer.

WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient's viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.
Not a doctor, but I read that as saying do not rely on 1 positive PCR test to indicate COVID positive. A 2nd is needed, especially if someone is showing no symptoms.

Quote:

So again, do you have any evidence that the DHS or TMC have altered their definition to change the metrics?
Nope. Just thinking logically and seeing how guidelines quietly changed moments after the dems took 100% control of COVID and the mysterious drops in the numbers that we're seeing weeks after, even though we're all still doing the same things we were prior to the changes. Could the vaccine also play a part of it? Possibly, but I don't think it would have a huge impact this soon.
SweaterVest
AG
FalconAg06 said:

1/4 of the population or so has received at least one of the vaccines, and they're sticking something like 17k a day.

If they keep vaccinating 5% of the population per week, this **** can't go on too much longer, can it?
I don't disagree with your overall point, but where are you seeing that a quarter of the population has received one dose? The data I see shows Texas at under 9% for one dose, and under 3% for both doses, updated yesterday. The most populous states are around 9% single dose. That will still have a huge impact though as virtually all of the high risk individuals will have been vaccinated very soon.

https://ourworldindata.org/us-states-vaccinations
Diggity
AG
right...it's more like a quarter of a quarter
gougler08
AG
Yeah it's nowhere near 25%, but when the J&J vaccine comes out next month, we should see a significant ramp up in vaccinations per day (assuming they have actually worked through supply chain issues, which may not be true)
aTm2004
AG
Imagine how many doses we could give out if we didn't fire and charge doctors who administer the vaccine.
aTm2004
AG
Are the main issues the temp requirements for the current one?
Keegan99
AG
By summer we will have everyone vaccinated who wants to be vaccinated.

The Biden goal of "100 million vaccines in 100 days" was the equivalent of kicking an extra point in a spring game.
JYDog90
AG
Rhodesia said:

Teaches are our heroes. If you can spell this its becasue of them.
FIFY
Formerly Willy Wonka
gougler08
AG
aTm2004 said:

Are the main issues the temp requirements for the current one?
I think that's part of it, but also it's a new(er) type of vaccine and so I doubt they have as much infrastructure to manufacture in place, whereas the J&J one is the older tech that should be much easier to make in mass
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I worry that something else will "come along" that people can latch onto as a reason to continue masks and social distancing. It seems like a lot of people enjoy their newfound ability to yell at others, virtue signal, and claim the moral high ground over others just by staying home (like they always did) and wearing masks in their profile picture.
FalconAg06
SweaterVest said:

FalconAg06 said:

1/4 of the population or so has received at least one of the vaccines, and they're sticking something like 17k a day.

If they keep vaccinating 5% of the population per week, this **** can't go on too much longer, can it?
I don't disagree with your overall point, but where are you seeing that a quarter of the population has received one dose? The data I see shows Texas at under 9% for one dose, and under 3% for both doses, updated yesterday. The most populous states are around 9% single dose. That will still have a huge impact though as virtually all of the high risk individuals will have been vaccinated very soon.

https://ourworldindata.org/us-states-vaccinations

Just from sloppy math on the TMC website, speaking of just the Houston area. I believe they show 450k vaccinated
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aTm2004 said:

I run your mom's hospital.
aTm2004
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

So, you're the one that called her to apologize after you tried to push my step-dad out with a case of pneumonia that was killing him, and she fought the to keep him in so hard, that she wound up at the same hospital with a stroke, and only then did you finally started treating the pneumonia and he magically got better? You're that *******?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

So, you're the one that called her to apologize after you tried to push my step-dad out with a case of pneumonia that was killing him, and she fought the to keep him in so hard, that she wound up at the same hospital with a stroke, and only then did you finally started treating the pneumonia and he magically got better? You're that *******?

No, I'm the other one. I don't apologize.
aggiemike02
AG
Cone is your sock right, has to be?
aTm2004
AG
aggiemike02 said:

Sorry buddy, don't have a sock, nor am I a Branch Covidian. I've stated from the get go in this thread that I thought this was all political, and what's happened in the past month seems to be proving that. Does that mean the virus isn't real or that there haven't been people actually die from it? No. But it doesn't warrant the kind of response we've had.
aTm2004
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

Oh, the other ******* who is OK with people dying because you save a few bucks. Cool.
XpressAg09
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

Oh, the other ******* who is OK with people dying because you save a few bucks. Cool.
For what it's worth, I don't think he really runs your mom's hospital. I think he was kidding.
aTm2004
AG
CW Griswold
I read it as his mom owns a hospital and ducks runs it.
-
cone
AG
aggiemike02 said:

lol don't lump me in with that chach
aggiemike02
AG
hahaha, sorry couldn't help it!
HtownAg92
AG
XpressAg09 said:

aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

aTm2004 said:

For what it's worth, I don't think he really runs your mom's hospital. I think he was kidding.
Your mom goes to college.
BowSowy
AG
Is this thread about to turn into a "**** on aTm2004" thing again? Man, that really takes me back
aTm2004
AG
cone said:

aggiemike02 said:

lol don't lump me in with that chach

That hurts, butty.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Commissioner's Court on going now.
They just stated for the public vaccinations the state has said to stop prioritizing 1a over 1b.

The county will now prioritize older people over younger in scheduling.

Also spoke of reopening libraries since schools are open, but that was shut down.
aTm '99
jetch17
AG
Houston Health Department, Sly & Lina all starting to pump up the CDC double masking push

F that.
htxag09
AG
I wish someone had the balls to ask them why and if this means that 1 mask, especially the cloth masks and the way cloth masks are worn, is virtually ineffective.
Fitch
AG
My takeaway was 1 tight fitting mask (N95 or surgical) or 2 layers if using a cloth mask - i.e. cloth mask with a pocket for a surgical mask or double layer of fabric vs. "nylon" style gators that are one sheer layer.

That said, I will not be changing a damn thing.
Bondag
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.