Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,062 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exactly. The beauty of freedom is that we all get to choose what's best for ourselves.

Are some people going to be jerks? Of course. But I can't control whether or not someone is out there spreading Covid anymore than I can control if someone drives drunk. We have all sorts of laws and restrictions to protect the health and safety of kids, but millions still suffer abuse at the hands of people who ignore them.

I look at the data, evaluate my risk, and make a decision that's best for me. I don't want the government deciding that for me, and I'm certainly not going to tell other people what to do.

And, I'm prepared to accept the consequences of my decisions.

This virus isn't going away, and we've got to learn to live with it, not in fear of it.
aggiemike02
AG
unless i'm mistaken i dont believe he died from Covid.
jetch17
AG
Linas out saying the region crossed the threshold for consecutive days and it's time to ROLLLLLL BACKKKK reopening
FalconAg06
MathNewman06 said:

"so don't go to bars, because if you do, you might not be able to go to bars"

The dissonance between words and actions from all sides has been hilarious. "Stop all non-essential travel, and shelter in place, avoid public spaces, oh and restaurants are at 50% dining in capacity"

cone
AG
she's completely f***ing useless
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Dora probably pleasures herself while thinking about getting to shut down bars.

What an f-ing moron the good folks of Harris County elected.
cap-n-jack
So is this only for Harris county? Watching the news and they're talking to a bar owner in Montgomery Co and she says she has to shut down.
kapon
AG
TXTransplant said:

Exactly. The beauty of freedom is that we all get to choose what's best for ourselves.

Are some people going to be jerks? Of course. But I can't control whether or not someone is out there spreading Covid anymore than I can control if someone drives drunk. We have all sorts of laws and restrictions to protect the health and safety of kids, but millions still suffer abuse at the hands of people who ignore them.

I look at the data, evaluate my risk, and make a decision that's best for me. I don't want the government deciding that for me, and I'm certainly not going to tell other people what to do.

And, I'm prepared to accept the consequences of my decisions.

This virus isn't going away, and we've got to learn to live with it, not in fear of it.
I agree!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
cap-n-jack said:

So is this only for Harris county? Watching the news and they're talking to a bar owner in Montgomery Co and she says she has to shut down.

It's a region.
Post removed:
by user
cap-n-jack
Ducks4brkfast said:

cap-n-jack said:

It's a region.

Glad I've moved out into the middle of the woods here in Madison county. Everybody around here just goes about our business, most people don't wear a mask and nobody makes a fuss about it. Godspeed y'all.
CW Griswold
Is there some Grand Wizard of the multi county region that has ultimate authority? Why can't a county judge in one of the other counties tell Dora to go suck a left nut?
-
Ag06Law
AG
CW Griswold said:

Is there some Grand Wizard of the multi county region that has ultimate authority? Why can't a county judge in one of the other counties tell Dora to go suck a left nut?

Because it's the governor's rule.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It doesn't seem like the local leaders have the fortitude to lead independently.

Seems like local leaders and school boards look to the closest major city and do whatever they do.
LostInLA07
AG
jetch17 said:

Linas out saying the region crossed the threshold for consecutive days and it's time to ROLLLLLL BACKKKK reopening

They were never reopened in Harris County
Jackal99
AG
third coast.. said:

They left, my mom came down but now she is all better minus the senses and back at work

Good to hear. You get to talk/FaceTime with them much?
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
You should go hit Orchard Towers
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
Diggity said:

Googled Orchard Towers. Damn, it's got all that AND a few embassies?
RK
AG
Diggity said:

Man, we used to stay across the street at the orchard hotel all the time back in the late 80's. Big time livin' back then.
CoachRTM
AG
My wife's coworker has it.

His wife just died from it. They're saying he's probably on his way out too. 50s, both have weight problems.

Just a reminder that this thing really sucks for some people, while my wife and I got it with absolutely no side effects whatsoever.
I Am A Critic
Noble07 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/01/05/don-baker-beloved-owner-of-the-candy-house-in-the-woodlands-dies-at-89/

It crushed me to see that the 89 year old owner of the Candy House died from the virus. I took my kids in to buy some stuff from his store several times over the last several months. Everyone was wearing masks, but I am assuming he probably caught the virus from working. I didn't know him well at all, but something tells me he would still have rather risked it than stay locked up in his home.

Where are you seeing that he died of
Covid? It's not mentioned in the article you linked.
Username checks out.
FHKChE07
AG
I can't imagine OT during the pandemic. It would be interesting as well...
Bondag
AG
CoachRTM said:

My wife's coworker has it.

His wife just died from it. They're saying he's probably on his way out too. 50s, both have weight problems.

Just a reminder that this thing really sucks for some people, while my wife and I got it with absolutely no side effects whatsoever.

Just think how much better off we would be if the media said "lose 100 lbs" instead of "wear a mask".

I have a family member that has lost 50 lbs and counting because we were able to show them data about obesity and covid. Wish that was the National narrative.
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman
And that people with O blood type are at a lower risk ... and the link showing vitamin D deficiency plays a role in serious cases.
chimpanzee
Being severely overweight puts a hell of a stress on all kinds of different things that your body is trying to do. If you get there by pounding sugars, so much the worse, and if you're mostly sedentary to boot, you're lining up the dominoes for something not so bad to take you all the way out.

Way too many people are a (seldom) walking bag of physiological dysfunction, but mostly we have a pill for that these days so people don't sweat it, literally.

My new ultra-cynical take is that big pharma wants to cure COVID quickly to be sure that they don't miss out on a decade or two of really expensive treatment to keep increasingly unhealthy people alive. The longer you are sick, the better they do.
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
Yeah, that's bush league. How large is the company? Did the owner name names, or is it small enough that everybody knows who those three are? I'd be pretty mad either way, but even more pissed if names were given.
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
Was also gonna ask about her level of satisfaction there. Sounds like a ****ty boss to work for. I'd burn it down, too. Glad she's getting out.
aTm2004
AG
Just post the company name here or take a screen shot, create a garbage email account, then send it to all of the Houston news stations.
Post removed:
by user
Daddy-O5
AG
third coast.. said:

the unintended consequences of this do not seem like they are worth it.

But WE will feel so much better about this.
First Page Last Page
Page 330 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.