Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,246 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cases are far from being the most important metric. But that data isn't completely irrelevant , either
LostInLA07
AG
Cromagnum said:

I see there is a lot of virtue signaling online for folks that have taken the vaccine already, and all their idiot friends commenting about how lucky they were to have already gotten it.

I think you can fairly easily get a vaccine if you really want it by showing up to vaccine sites at the end of the day. Was in the ER with my daughter because urgent care had a 2 hour wait and they were going around asking anyone there if they wanted a covid vaccine because they already thawed them
out and ran out of people to give them to.
Pahdz
If vaccine distribution is really being left up to the states that's downright criminal
LondonAg89
AG
Welp, a friend in my original bubble of 3 tested positive for Covid 2 days ago. So since I'd seen her in the last week, I went through the drive-through testing site near West U and ..... tested negative. No symptoms. simple test, but i was a little worried I'd be a statistic.

As a negative, I am not a statistic...

Happy New Year!
cone
AG

kinda weird that Lina has the time to text us all to stay the **** home, but she doesn't have time to address and take ownership about how slow the vacc rollout has been so far

sets up a field hospital (when the epidemic is in NY, not here yet), but can't set up anything similar to put jabs into old people's arms
I Am A Critic
There are plenty of people above her in the chain of command who deserve criticism before she does as it relates to vaccines.
Username checks out.
cone
AG
lol she's got a very specific envelope when it comes to emergency management and public health
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
cone said:

kinda weird that Lina has the time to text us all to stay the **** home, but she doesn't have time to address and take ownership about how slow the vacc rollout has been so far

sets up a field hospital (when the epidemic is in NY, not here yet), but can't set up anything similar to put jabs into old people's arms

Welcome back, Good Cone. Glad to see you did (or didn't) take your medication today.
cone
AG
new year new me
aTm2004
AG
How's MoCo, buddy?
cone
AG
well the only transfer bed that poor dude with covid could find was in the Permian Basin

so that's a *****
cone
AG
I will say this in good faith. If you have covid and the facility you are at seeking care is not equipped to provide you long term care and they can't obtain a transfer because no one on this side of the state is accepting that method of patient intake, you're better off leaving and entering into one of the bigger hospitals via the ER.

I think that describes the present situation.
TopFlightReject
Ag_07 said:

Just some of the stupidity on display today.

Took the kiddos to the natural science museum. After we got done I suggested we walk over to the big hill in Herman Park but nope...It's all ribboned off with caution tape.

Museum is open. The Rose Garden next door is open. But no go on a damn open outdoor hill.

Funny we thought the same thing. We rode the light rail from downtown to go to the zoo on Wednesday (what a waste of money) and stopped by the big hill and saw it was roped off. Just thought that was weird yet we could all crowd around a lowland gorilla sitting in the rain watching him play with his ting-tang (my daughters words).

As an aside - After getting soaked at the zoo we rode the light rail back to downtown and while on our ride back one of the "locals" getting on at the DTC stop offered my 3 year old a wrinkled dollar bill that definitely had seen some ****, and was probably laced with bum **** and the COVID. My wife, whose very COVID aware since just giving birth to our 2nd, said thanks but no thanks and the fine gentlemen proceeded to scream and call my wife and mom "blue-eyed white devil rednecks" and "peckerwoods" who "are too white and too good for my money". Meanwhile I'm about 10' away wrangling a double stroller full of **** with a 4 month old in a baby bjorn strapped to my chest at the same time reaching for my pocket knife thinking about how I'm about to stab a homeless MF to death on the ****tty metro train. What a nightmare. Thankfully homeboy got off at the next stop.

EDIT to add that TIL that "peckerwood" is a derogatory term for poor white trash. Guess we were supposed to be offended by that. Learn something new everyday.
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha. That is a good day in the Tine right there..... reminds me of a young doctor or nurse back in the day that had an infamous blog called something like "today on the metro rail" and she chronicled her ride everyday from Midtown to the Med Center.
aTm2004
AG
cone said:

well the only transfer bed that poor dude with covid could find was in the Permian Basin

so that's a *****

Did you talk to that poor dude or hear it from the same family member?
Ronnie
AG
TopFlightReject said:

Ag_07 said:

Just some of the stupidity on display today.

Took the kiddos to the natural science museum. After we got done I suggested we walk over to the big hill in Herman Park but nope...It's all ribboned off with caution tape.

Museum is open. The Rose Garden next door is open. But no go on a damn open outdoor hill.

Funny we thought the same thing. We rode the light rail from downtown to go to the zoo on Wednesday (what a waste of money) and stopped by the big hill and saw it was roped off. Just thought that was weird yet we could all crowd around a lowland gorilla sitting in the rain watching him play with his ting-tang (my daughters words).

As an aside - After getting soaked at the zoo we rode the light rail back to downtown and while on our ride back one of the "locals" getting on at the DTC stop offered my 3 year old a wrinkled dollar bill that definitely had seen some ****, and was probably laced with bum **** and the COVID. My wife, whose very COVID aware since just giving birth to our 2nd, said thanks but no thanks and the fine gentlemen proceeded to scream and call my wife and mom "blue-eyed white devil rednecks" and "peckerwoods" who "are too white and too good for my money". Meanwhile I'm about 10' away wrangling a double stroller full of **** with a 4 month old in a baby bjorn strapped to my chest at the same time reaching for my pocket knife thinking about how I'm about to stab a homeless MF to death on the ****tty metro train. What a nightmare. Thankfully homeboy got off at the next stop.

EDIT to add that TIL that "peckerwood" is a derogatory term for poor white trash. Guess we were supposed to be offended by that. Learn something new everyday.

Back to the Future baby

jetch17
AG
aTm2004 said:

cone said:

so that's a *****

Did you talk to that poor dude or hear it from the same family member?

From a family members roughneck friends aunts cousin who wheeled the last transfer bed into the corner at the hospital in Big Spring or Kermit to accommodate all the big city covids
cone
AG
saw it on reddit
JYDog90
AG
cone said:

saw it on reddit

America's leading information source.
Formerly Willy Wonka
gougler08
AG
There's never any embellishment on Reddit
TopFlightReject
TX04Aggie said:

Haha. That is a good day in the Tine right there..... reminds me of a young doctor or nurse back in the day that had an infamous blog called something like "today on the metro rail" and she chronicled her ride everyday from Midtown to the Med Center.

Just a reminder of why I don't miss living in midtown and why I chose to live in an unincorporated area of harris county.
TXTransplant
For those looking for vaccine sites...

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=91ac7fb5e5fd47e7ada4acfe4a05920a

Search by zip code.

Phase 1B has now started, So 65+ are now eligible (as are 18+ with chronic medical conditions), assuming the provider has vaccine available. HEB has them but is requiring an appointment.
gougler08
AG
Good link! Based on what I can see we don't have clearly defined phase 1C or beyond right?
jetch17
AG
Saw the city's phone system for appointments crashed as soon as it went live. Dipsh*ts.
TXTransplant
I haven't really looked into it beyond 1B. Since I had it earlier this month, I'm not in a rush. Was searching for sites for my parents.

Edited to add link for vaccine distribution. Looks like 1B is 16+. ABC 13 article had it wrong.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

Looks like they are still working on a plan for beyond 1 A and B
gougler08
AG
Yeah that is what I found as well in that 1C+ is still under consideration

I'm also not in any rush to get it but the sooner these phases roll through, the sooner a more normal life resumes
LostInLA07
AG
Did you find any sites actually vaccinating phase 1B?

I think Memorial Hermann is but only by invitation for established patients.
TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

Did you find any sites actually vaccinating phase 1B?

I think Memorial Hermann is but only by invitation for established patients.

That website doesn't distinguish. TX DSHS says 1B people are eligible, but it's left up to the discretion of the testing site.

I'd just call and ask before going. You have to make an appt most places anyway.

Some places are keeping a waiting list and will call you with 30-60 min notice, since once they open/defrost a batch of vaccine, it has to be used in a certain time frame. That's how someone I know got vaccinated.
TXTransplant
Here is some info specific to HEB's distribution.

https://newsroom.heb.com/covid-19-vaccine/

It hasn't been updated since Dec 30, but it does say they are working on setting up an online vaccine scheduler on their pharmacy page.
aTm2004
AG
cone said:

saw it on reddit
Honestly, I'm not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic.
AgLiving06
I know the HEB in Meyerland is doing COVID shots. They had a sign up that made it sound like they do take walk ins
TXTransplant
Shoot...my last post was supposed to have a link. Edited to correct that.

The link says HEB is not taking walk-ins, but I guess each store could be handling it different.
AgLiving06
Yeah..I'd probably either go talk to the pharmacy or at least call. they may keep a list of "just in cases" vs advertising a walk up list.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Oh, Dora.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-halts-COVID-19-vaccine-registration-15841794.php
htxag09
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Oh, Dora.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-halts-COVID-19-vaccine-registration-15841794.php

Lmao. Their secure registration was a link that could be shared? Wtf
First Page Last Page
Page 327 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.