Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,664 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the specs parking lot purchasing devil water that causes spreading in social settings and entertaining
lunchbox
jetch17 said:

Dumb.

I'm guessing everyone got the DO NOT LEAVE FOR NYE alert just now?
I don't even live in Harris County and I got it...
CoachRTM
AG
I have my antibodies.

CW Griswold
Just signed Lina Hidalgo up for cat facts
-
DustysLineup
AG
jetch17 said:

Dumb.

I'm guessing everyone got the DO NOT LEAVE FOR NYE alert just now?
Yep. Dora using the emergency alert system as her personal opinion twitter again. Didn't taxpayers fund the emergency alert system to warn about hurricanes and flash floods?
LostInLA07
AG
I only get the Spanish version of Dora's alerts.
cgh1999
AG
My teenager got invited to a party for NYE and had just asked me if she could go. We both got the alert and looked at our phones. I laughed and told her Dora said no. She wasn't amused.
spadilly
S
I got the alert as well. Thinking it's because I'm at the office today in Harris County and not home in Fort Bend.

Thankfully covid knows when I drive out of Harris and into Fort Bend and respects the invisible border.
gougler08
AG
spadilly said:

I got the alert as well. Thinking it's because I'm at the office today in Harris County and not home in Fort Bend.

Thankfully covid knows when I drive out of Harris and into Fort Bend and respects the invisible border.

Got it in my house in Fort Bend so I guess Dora is expanding her boundaries
Diggity
AG
They don't call her Dora the Explorer for nothing. She's a GD conquistadora these days.
TXTransplant
We were in MoCo at a restaurant. That must have protected me from getting the alert.

So, I guess this means I can keep my NYE reservation at Fielding's Local!

Edited: Dang...just got it. Guess I better tell my friend we can't go and cancel.
aTm2004
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I only get the Spanish version of Dora's alerts.

Is that ***** assuming your heritage?
BohunkAg
AG
Well, Governor Wheels finally put his foot down on something

LostInLA07
AG
He is doing nothing to prevent Austin from enforcing their order. He's letting the cities and counties do his dirty work while he tweets. Let me know when DPS officers are arresting the Austin mayor for intentionally violating and fining Texans in contradiction with the governors executive order.

At this point, only personal accountability for the tyrannical local government officials will change anything. A tweet from Abbott does nothing.
Ag_07
AG
Just some of the stupidity on display today.

Took the kiddos to the natural science museum. After we got done I suggested we walk over to the big hill in Herman Park but nope...It's all ribboned off with caution tape.

Museum is open. The Rose Garden next door is open. But no go on a damn open outdoor hill.
Diggity
AG
I would blame Jack & Jill. Irresponsible ****s ruined it for everyone.
aggietony2010
AG
Dora sends out "emergency" alert.
I ignore next emergency alert on same day.

Tornado warning. Well done you stupid ****.
CDUB98
AG
NM, I goofed.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I saw that the City or County, in their infinite wisdom, posted yellow warning signs at my neighborhood park Christmas week announcing the "facility" is closed due to COVID.

We have enjoyed having the park to ourselves.
TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

Just some of the stupidity on display today.

Took the kiddos to the natural science museum. After we got done I suggested we walk over to the big hill in Herman Park but nope...It's all ribboned off with caution tape.

Museum is open. The Rose Garden next door is open. But no go on a damn open outdoor hill.

Just ignore it and go on it anyway.
BohunkAg
AG
Will they arrest you if you cut down the tape?
Irish 2.0
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I saw that the City or County, in their infinite wisdom, posted yellow warning signs at my neighborhood park Christmas week announcing the "facility" is closed due to COVID. We have enjoyed having the park to ourselves.

Just cut the lock. I cut the lock on the one near my house.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
No fence, except for tennis courts.
tylercsbn9
AG
Dora must have been asleep at the wheel since she didn't send one out before Christmas
Ag_07
AG
Just so dumb that the indoor museums, zoo, jogging trail, golf course, gardens, kiddie train, etc etc are all ok to be open but not the big hill in the middle of the GD park.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

wessimo
AG
Are you sure it isn't closed for turf maintenance?
Caliber
AG
They put yellow tape on the park near my kids school every other month or so. It doesn't last the day before it's torn down and thrown away.
FHKChE07
AG
That hill has been taped off since like April. We drive by there a lot and I shake my head everytime we drive by there.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I was in the big midtown specs yesterday when the alarm went. It was hilarious. The emergency signal started blasting on people's phones all over the store. Everyone just ignored it but funny sight to see.
texagbeliever
FHKChE07 said:

That hill has been taped off since like April. We drive by there a lot and I shake my head everytime we drive by there.
On this New Years eve, may we take the time to appreciate how many lives have been saved by preventing people from getting on a hill, play on swing sets or basketball goals. That is government leadership at its absolute best.
Flashdiaz
AG
texagbeliever said:

FHKChE07 said:

On this New Years eve, may we take the time to appreciate how many lives have been saved by preventing people from getting on a hill, play on swing sets or basketball goals. That is government leadership at its absolute best.
no more itchy children from rolling down the hill.
no more grass stains on clothes.
stimulating the economy by people having to buy new and bigger clothes due to decreased exercise.

Gracias Dora!
The Wonderer
AG
texagbeliever said:

FHKChE07 said:

Oh, I'm sure there are tons of Dems ready to die on that hill for the safety of the world from the 'Rona.
RenoAg
Nuthin from nuthin but the epi curve data for Harris County is showing we are seeing a considerable increase in cases. Not saying it is near as high as the mid summer spike. But it appears to be trending that direction. Our hospitals weren't overwhelmed then and I suspect won't be overwhelmed this time either.
Bassmaster
AG
Cases are an irrelevant metric.
Cromagnum
AG
I see there is a lot of virtue signaling online for folks that have taken the vaccine already, and all their idiot friends commenting about how lucky they were to have already gotten it.
First Page Last Page
Page 326 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.