Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,015 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I misunderstood. I thought you were mad you couldn't go into work with symptoms because you they wanted you to test again. I didn't realize you were quarantining, my bad.
ChemAg15
AG
Yea I don't know why they won't just let me go infect everyone so we can all get it and get over it. Probably Hidalgos doing
TXTransplant
ChemAg15 said:

WES2006AG said:

ChemAg15 said:

We had an outbreak at work. I was exposed and so they sent me to get rapid tested. Test came back negative. 24 hours later and I have mild symptoms of cough, chills, fever, and body aches. Took some nyquil and slept like a baby. Company wants me to go get tested again this morning. Very inconvenient but I get that they can't have the Karen's claiming covid to get out of working. People are the worst.
So you are showing symptoms that could be COVID and are mad that they are making you get a test before going to work?

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I guess I just don't need a test to know I've got the rona. The whole site is popping positive so I know I have it. There's really no point in getting brain swabbed again until I don't have symptoms and I'm ready to return to work.

Clinic dr specifically told me to NOT come back for a negative test. You can test positive for weeks after symptoms resolved.

Current guidelines are to isolate for 10 days from first symptom or from positive test. Both the clinic and my employer are considering my first day of symptoms to be Thursday, when I first lost smell/taste.

Your employer requiring another test, whether it be now or at some point in the future, makes zero sense.
htxag09
AG
Think you misunderstood the scenario. He tested negative, then got symptoms, then they wanted him to test again to confirm he's positive. Not to test for a negative to see if he's over it.

But I agree with him, if he's willing to just quarantine as if he has it, no need to test. But a lot of people would still live their lives as normal. Why are you at work or at a bar? Well I tested negative, this is just allergies
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

The chances of you spreading it to someone that has anything other than than the reaction you are having are slim to none but we have convinced ourselves that these magic floating virus cells are a death sentence. But just like any time you're sick, as a good human you should still try to limit your contact with others while contagious, something we've known for years. If we ever get an honest look back at this, the authors won't be kind to modern humans.

Idk...I work around some high risk people, and some have other high risk people in their households. I definitely would not want to risk giving it to one of them.

There are enough people out there who have had severe infections that anyone who knows they are infected has a responsibility to stay home.
TXTransplant
htxag09 said:

Think you misunderstood the scenario. He tested negative, then got symptoms, then they wanted him to test again to confirm he's positive. Not to test for a negative to see if he's over it.

But I agree with him, if he's willing to just quarantine as if he has it, no need to test. But a lot of people would still live their lives as normal. Why are you at work or at a bar? Well I tested negative, this is just allergies

No, he said in a follow up post that he didn't see any point in getting tested again until his symptoms resolved and he was ready to go back to work.

I assumed he said that because his employer requires a negative test. Maybe not. But regardless, there is no reason for him to get a follow up test at all.

His post at the bottoms of the previous page:

Quote:

I guess I just don't need a test to know I've got the rona. The whole site is popping positive so I know I have it. There's really no point in getting brain swabbed again until I don't have symptoms and I'm ready to return to work.
BCOBQ98
AG
Note to all. If you used any of the county testing facilities and test positive you will receive a follow up call from somebody in about a week. At first I talked but then questions became more invasive and politely declined to talk further.
Pahdz
I think that will be the number one thing people should come out of this with, is if you're sick, freaking stay away from others. Sounds simple, and I think of myself as a pretty rational guy, but even I would go to Walgreen's while sick to pick up meds thinking "oh I won't spread anything."
TXTransplant
BCOBQ98 said:

Note to all. If you used any of the county testing facilities and test positive you will receive a follow up call from somebody in about a week. At first I talked but then questions became more invasive and politely declined to talk further.

I was wondering about this. I went to Next Level Urgent Care. I assume they report my result to the county and was wondering if the county would follow up.

I know my sons school reports all positive results to Harris Co Public Health, and they do the contact tracing/determine who has to quarantine. Not all districts are doing that, though.

This has opened my eyes to a bunch of shortcomings/flaws in the contact tracing procedure.

The only positive case in my "circle" that I'm aware of said they had no close contacts. So, case closed. No one is considering the possibility I could have been infected by that person. I don't even know who the person is, so I have no idea if I came into even short contact with them.

I personally contacted as many people as I could from my group fitness classes. I also contacted the studio, but I have no idea how they are following up.

The school isn't doing any contact tracing for my son because he hasn't tested positive. We contacted the families of the kids we carpooled with and he texted the kids he eats lunch with.

And a big question, is how far back do you go for contact tracing? I can't find a good consensus on that. I found one health department that said 48 hours before the first onset of symptoms, but I don't think it's standardized.

If the only people who are getting contact traced by the county are people who have been tested at county sites, then what's the point? That's only going to capture a fraction of the positive cases, and we are fighting a losing battle (not that we were ever winning).
TXTransplant
Pahdz said:

I think that will be the number one thing people should come out of this with, is if you're sick, freaking stay away from others. Sounds simple, and I think of myself as a pretty rational guy, but even I would go to Walgreen's while sick to pick up meds thinking "oh I won't spread anything."

And "sick" has a new, much broader definition. I don't feel sick. I feel fine. But I can't taste and smell. That symptom alone should be enough to tell people to stay home (or get tested).
cone
AG
isn't that symptom usually pretty lagging in disease progression?

i.e. your peak chance to spread probably has come and gone by the time you lose taste/smell
Pahdz
Right, I wasn't talking about COVID, just thinking in the future, perhaps we see better public health and lower numbers in things like the flu if people both 1.) Take personal responsibility and 2.) Show a little compassion for fellow man. Those two items can coexist. Too many jackwagons out there like my boss who was at a party with five guys who tested positive, then had symptoms but didn't go test, then went to see his dentist.
TXTransplant
cone said:

isn't that symptom usually pretty lagging in disease progression?

i.e. your peak chance to spread probably has come and gone by the time you lose taste/smell

Based on what I've read, it could be either. Sometimes it's an early symptom, sometime its a lagging symptom. I think I read it's an early symptom in mild cases. If it's your only symptom, who the heck knows where you are on the timeline.

Heck, at night, my nasal congestion moves into my ears. I googled that symptom and read that it's not associated with Covid but "anything is possible".

I almost had myself convinced it was sinus/allergy since my ears were stopped up. I'm glad I decided to get tested anyway.
cone
AG
what's going to happen is that office people are going to be given much more liberty to not come in if you're sick

corporate life is going to be completely hypochondriac
TXTransplant
cone said:

what's going to happen is that office people are going to be given much more liberty to not come in if you're sick

corporate life is going to be completely hypochondriac

Hopefully, that will be mitigated by the vaccine.
Jack Klompus
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

I got tested at CVS, and I received a follow up text and call from Harris County Public Health. I had a similar experience as above.
Pahdz
Example of the invasive questions?
BohunkAg
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Yea I don't know why they won't just let me go infect everyone so we can all get it and get over it. Probably Hidalgos doing
Honestly, you probably tested too soon the first time after exposure.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Jack Klompus said:

BCOBQ98 said:

I got tested at CVS, and I received a follow up text and call from Harris County Public Health. I had a similar experience as above.

Mama Lina's brownshirts.
ChemAg15
AG
BohunkAg said:

ChemAg15 said:

Honestly, you probably tested too soon the first time after exposure.

I think you're right. I just got my results back from my test this morning and I tested positive. Such a bummer because they sent me my results and it said it was the seasonal flu. And while I'm fist pumping in my living room that it's just the flu they call me to correct themselves. They had to resend my results showing it was Covid. Very unprofessional from enTrust Immediate Care on Memorial Dr. Would not recommend. I literally have two official forms right now. One says flu and the other says Covid.
jetch17
AG
it probably is the flu, they just gotta tally you COVID.
Keegan99
AG
Flu would be a surprise, honestly. It's pretty much disappeared this year. No one anywhere in the world is testing positive for the flu.

(Which makes one wonder what will happen to the tens of thousands of annual flu deaths?)
Jack Klompus
AG
Pahdz said:

Example of the invasive questions?
What is your living situation?
How many children do you have?
How many people under the age of 18 live in your house?
Where do they go to school?
What are your symptoms?
Where do you work?
Are you working from home?
Have you informed your workplace of your positive test?
How many people were you in close contact with at work?
Can I follow up with you over the next week?
TarponChaser
My brother and his wife both caught the 'rona and flu at the same time.

My nephew caught it from a teammate on his FB team- they're weightlifting partners in offseason. My nephew then gave it to his sister, mother, and step-dad. Plus my brother got it from him. Very mild cases for my nephew and niece. Not sure about my brother's ex and her current husband but from what I hear it was pretty mild.

My brother caught it from his son and got sick the same time as his new wife. Only she initially tested negative for 'rona but positive for the flu. He tested positive for covid and was feeling fine if a little tired but then he caught the flu from his wife and she got covid from him. A little more than a week now and they're on the mend. Both of them had positive flu and covid tests so they got hit a bit harder than normal for 2 people who are quite healthy and no underlying conditions and age (she's 35 and he's 40).

My wife started having symptoms the evening of 11/27 and determined she likely got it from her fitness class at the local F45 where like 3 other women she works out with got it. I got it from the wife. Her only symptom was the loss of smell and I just felt a little tired and beat up for about 36-48 hours. Our boys (10 & 6) have had zero indication of symptoms and are able to go back to school later this week. We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house (they're in their early-70s) and my mother-in-law (also early-70s) and they're just fine- which is good because while my parents are in good shape and very active, my MiL is not.
ChemAg15
AG
This is exactly what I thought but it seems very tinfoil to me. Did someone accidently give me the correct results? Does the clinic get paid more if I test positive for covid vs the flu? It was probably an honest mistake bit this year has made me so distrustful.
TXTransplant
ChemAg15 said:

This is exactly what I thought but it seems very tinfoil to me. Did someone accidently give me the correct results? Does the clinic get paid more if I test positive for covid vs the flu? It was probably an honest mistake bit this year has made me so distrustful.

Just out of curiosity, when you were tested, were you notified of the result before you left the clinic? Or did they text/call you after you left? Did they give you any paperwork?

Also, just to clarify, did you have two separate tests, one negative and one positive? Or did they call you to say the negative result on the original test had been changed to positive?

I left the clinic with my result. They told me verbally I was positive, and also gave me a printout saying the same thing.

My PCR test came back today. I was sent a text message with a link to the result (it just said positive - no other info).

I'll be honest, the chain of custody at these clinics doesn't seem to be up to par with a doctor's office or a hospital.

I heard I was positive before the dr told me because I was in room 4, and before the doctor came in I heard a nurse yell "Exposure in rooms 4 and 5!"

When they collected the second sample for the PCR test, the nurse didn't even have any of my information printed out. She asked me my first name and wrote that down on a piece of paper.

I suspect most clinics are overwhelmed by the sheer number of people coming in for tests.

Also, false positives are as much an issue with rapid tests as are false negatives. Although, if I were in your position, I don't think I'd follow up with another test at this point.

Even if it is "just the flu", you shouldn't be at work, since you have a contagious illness. So, why not just isolate for 10 days and be cleared. You can get an antibody test later.
XpressAg09
AG
Y'all quitcherbittchin and look at this
We already over the hump?
Jackal99
AG
Over the hump? We haven't even reached the hump. #Hotez
wessimo
AG
The testing place at Memorial park was super easy. Basically you cough, swab your mouth, put the swab in a tube, drop it in a slot. Got results via text & email about 25 hours later.
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

The 'Rona is popping the flu B test positive is my understanding....which is confusing things.
aTm2004
AG
We're not over the hump until Lord Dora says we're over the hump, which will not happen while Trump is still in office.
TarponChaser
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

The 'Rona is popping the flu B test positive is my understanding....which is confusing things.

Maybe the flu is popping the 'rona tests?

AgLiving06
CDC Flu Estimates

aTm2004
AG
It just magically went away.

LostInLA07
AG
Flu has elected to be identified as a coronavirus. Preferred pronouns are SARS / Covid.
First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.