Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,045 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wtf? Can we keep the birth and baby crap to other threads? This here thread is for good ol fashioned rona gritchin.
gougler08
AG
BowSowy said:

No, 3pm

Ah maybe it's 12 hours after birth then...actually yes that makes sense as my latest was born around noon and they grabbed him at midnight
MAS444
AG
Where can I get a rapid test in/near Heights?
Nitro Power
AG
RenoAg said:

Wtf? Can we keep the birth and baby crap to other threads? This here thread is for good ol fashioned rona gritchin.
Yes, can we please get back to stating the obvious....that Dora is a worthless idiot
wessimo
AG
The urgent care on 11th. I posted a review a couple of pages back. They fill up early so request an appointment online at around 7am and they will call you to confirm.
CW Griswold
Nitro Power said:

RenoAg said:

Yes, can we please get back to stating the obvious....that Dora is a worthless idiot

Any recent pics of Dora wearing her face bra? That could spice this thread back up.
-
aTm2004
AG
RenoAg said:

Well, any baby born in the next month or so was probably the result of a late dismount during the start of this ****ing he'll we're all living in.
Nitro Power
AG
aTm2004 said:

RenoAg said:

Well, any baby born in the next month or so was probably the result of a late dismount during the start of this ****ing he'll we're all living in.
Probably any baby born in the next 7 months.
MAS444
AG
They told me they weren't doing the rapid results.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Nitro Power said:

aTm2004 said:

RenoAg said:

Probably any baby born in the next 7 months.

That curve won't be flat.
BohunkAg
AG
MAS444 said:

They told me they weren't doing the rapid results.
A lot of places ran out of rapid tests with everyone testing before Thanksgiving.
wessimo
AG
They still had them on Wednesday. I don't think they give them if you don't have symptoms or exposure though.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I was "exposed" but they said they were out. I got one done elsewhere. Thanks.
Jock 07
AG

TXTransplant
Well, you can add a +1 to the Harris County count.

Popped positive yesterday. Got tested because I had some mild nasal congestion and lost taste and smell. Initial symptoms strongly mimicked mild allergies. Got tested because of the loss of taste and smell. No fever, aches, pains, cough, or fatigue.

10 days from onset of loss of taste/smell, and I'll be clear to join the land of the living again. I'm on day 3.
Build It
AG
Lots of positives going on. You young folk be cautious around the older folk.
jetch17
AG
Ok Lina.
TXTransplant
Build It said:

I'm 42. My close contacts are all in their 50s or younger. And they were all aware of the symptoms I had before I tested positive, because I'm that transparent. Most of the people I've had contact with in the last week are 20 or younger.

I just don't interact with "old folk".
aTm2004
AG
Build It said:

What if the older folks we know don't give a chit about it and would rather risk it in order to live their lives like they have done for 60+ years vs staying inside scared while slowly dying?
aTm2004
AG
TXTransplant said:

Build It said:

I'm 42. My close contacts are all in their 50s or younger. And they were all aware of the symptoms I had before I tested positive, because I'm that transparent. Most of the people I've had contact with in the last week are 20 or younger.

Cougar?
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

TXTransplant said:

Build It said:

Cougar?

Ha...no! I've been voluntarily out of the dating scene for a while, and even when I was, younger guys weren't my thing.

My close contacts are coworkers (older), the women who attended the same exercise classes as I did last week (most in their 20s-30s), and the two friends of my son who are in our carpool (teenagers).
jetch17
AG
F'n Hotez

"I will assume that everybody walking past me or near me has COVID-19," Hotez said.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/surge-is-already-here-expert-warns-about-dire-situation-as-houston-crosses-100000-covid-19-cases/285-3b08f32c-0d5d-4433-9ac4-b5d5871fb841?fbclid=IwAR0zECdxOSbHekB0Se0D-DlfzPx71cUnfL4Q2qaNYVLlQgpvN13UYDrZnXg
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
That guy is a fear-monger, but honestly, that's not a terrible viewpoint to take, as long as it's left for people to decide for themselves and not forced upon us by the government.

I have no idea where or when I was exposed. I only know of one other positive case, but that person has gone on record as saying they had no close contacts at the location where I potentially could have been exposed.

Also, the only symptoms I have are nasal congestion and loss of taste and smell. If it hadn't been for the loss of taste and smell, I wouldn't have even gotten tested.

My experience has definitely opened my eyes to the fact that there are probably a lot of people walking around who have lost their sense of taste and smell, and either don't realize that's a Covid symptom, don't care that it's a Covid symptom, or think it's allergies or a cold.
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
We had an outbreak at work. I was exposed and so they sent me to get rapid tested. Test came back negative. 24 hours later and I have mild symptoms of cough, chills, fever, and body aches. Took some nyquil and slept like a baby. Company wants me to go get tested again this morning. Very inconvenient but I get that they can't have the Karen's claiming covid to get out of working. People are the worst.
WES2006AG
AG
ChemAg15 said:

We had an outbreak at work. I was exposed and so they sent me to get rapid tested. Test came back negative. 24 hours later and I have mild symptoms of cough, chills, fever, and body aches. Took some nyquil and slept like a baby. Company wants me to go get tested again this morning. Very inconvenient but I get that they can't have the Karen's claiming covid to get out of working. People are the worst.
So you are showing symptoms that could be COVID and are mad that they are making you get a test before going to work?

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
htxag09
AG
Agreed. Hard to really be shocked by the this. Add in the fact that catching covid at work is a recordable and they're going to take extra steps.
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Sure, but a lot of details missing from his scenario. How soon after exposure was his rapid test? Won't test positive right away.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
ChemAg15 said:

I'm surprised they didn't ask for a PCR. That's the only test my company puts any value in.

When I had my rapid on Saturday, I asked them to swab me again to send it off for PCR.

I voluntarily stayed home from work last Thursday and Friday because I lost taste and smell. I'd rather be safe than sorry and spread it to someone at work who has a mush worse reaction.

It's very strange to be isolating at home when I feel perfectly fine/healthy. But, I know I have the potential to make someone else very sick.

TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

TXTransplant said:

Honestly, that's not a terrible opinion to take, as long as it's left for people to decide for themselves not forced upon us by the government.

I have no idea where or when I was exposed. I only know of one other positive case, but that person has gone on record as saying they had no close contacts at the location where I potentially could have been exposed.

Also, the only symptoms I have are nasal congestion and loss of taste and smell. If it hasn't been for the loss of taste and smell, I wouldn't have even gotten tested.

My experience has definitely opened my eyes to the fact that there are probably a lot of people walking around who have lost their sense of taste and smell, and either don't realize that's a Covid symptom, don't care that it's a Covid symptom, or think it's allergies or a cold.
you are saying that because you are being rational. he is saying it because he is trying to instill fear in the masses. It is undeniable FACT that this thing is barely a blip on the radar or almost everyone under 50 and the vast majority of those under 70, yet you have millions of people across the country locked down and even more acting like its the bubonic plague. Just one false postitive cost the government millions of dollars in the case of my work situation. IT IS INSANE. Seriously. there is a reason they got the nickname branch covidians. I just cant believe how far gone americans are when it comes to freedom. they arent even trying to boil the frog slowly anymore. i want to fly in to fits of rage when the craizes start going on and on and preaching about saving one life and the lockdowns are good etc.

I agree no one needs to be locked down, but there needs to be some middle ground between "everyone panic" and "this is a big nothing-burger".

I honestly didn't think asymptomatic (or mild symptoms) spread would be a big contributor, but my case shows me I was wrong.

On one hand, I feel ridiculous for staying home because I can't smell or taste anything. But, I definitely don't want to spread this to anyone. I'm so glad I stayed home last Thursday and Friday and got tested. If I'd waited for a fever or other worse symptoms, I could be spreading this to all sorts of people.

I feel terrible about the people I did expose to the virus in the few days before I lost taste and smell. Thankfully, everyone has been really great and understanding.

But, I don't even want to think about the people who are walking around with even one symptom and refuse to stay home or get tested.
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
WES2006AG said:

ChemAg15 said:

So you are showing symptoms that could be COVID and are mad that they are making you get a test before going to work?

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I guess I just don't need a test to know I've got the rona. The whole site is popping positive so I know I have it. There's really no point in getting brain swabbed again until I don't have symptoms and I'm ready to return to work.
First Page Last Page
Page 311 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.