Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,350 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
tylercsbn9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My BIL, his girlfriend, and MIL have been on some holier than though attitude about getting tested.

Sorry, unless I or anyone in my house has symptoms we ain't getting tested. I'm not putting my little kids through that.

The kicker is for it to even potentially be full proof you'd have to test and then basically stay home for two weeks. They don't seem to understand that. The BIL and gf have driven from Chicago to Austin. They've been to multiple restaurants and other stuff since their test. Last Wednesday. Same with my MIL. She even went to dinner with two people that were half way into what was supposed to be a two week quarantine. It's like the think being tested makes you immune to covid for a few days. And the person we're most concerned about that has health problems DGAF. She's out at renfest and doing other stuff.

Glad my wife is standing pat. She just lied and said we got tested. Their actions aren't inline at all with what should be done if you're concerned enough to get tested.
K Bo
AG
This "everyone get tested" BS is just that. If you are symptomatic, absolutely get tested and q-tine thereafter. Otherwise, unless you test daily it's a waste of time and clogging up the system.
Bondag
AG
I also like how they track how far you travel like that matters. If I sit in my car 2 minutes or 45 I am at the same risk of getting covid.
htxag09
AG
There are definitely cases where it's not a waste of time to get tested if you're not experiencing symptoms. Also don't see how it's clogging the system when every free testing site around me has 0 wait
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Why do y'all want meemaw to die!!!!
SirLurksALot
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Why do y'all want meemaw to die!!!!

She's old, she had her time.
kapon
AG
What are those cases?
htxag09
AG
Well off the top of my head, my brother in law and his wife went on vacation last weekend. They lived their life as they would normally, bars, restaurants, etc. His wife's mom is a high risk so she's been overly cautious, they were going to do dinner Friday so they got tested on Wednesday and were positive. He started feeling tired Friday and lost his sense of taste and smell Saturday. So without the test, they would've quite possibly given it to her parents. I imagine this situation could be quite the norm for thanksgiving and family gatherings, students leaving college and going home, etc.

No, a negative test doesn't mean you'll never get it. But in some cases it's good to know at that point in time.
K Bo
AG
I'll say that's a situation where random testing worked but I also think that's a bit of luck with the timing. If he had tested Tuesday he very well could have tested negative. I still think random testing, with no known exposure or symptoms, is a waste of time.

Also, sure there may be 0 waits as it's quick to administer the tests, but many folks I know have had to wait days, some over a week, to get their results after the samples were sent to the lab. So, telling more people, that are not showing symptoms, to go get tested will only inundate those couriers, labs, etc with more testing thereby creating further delays in releasing results.

I don't know what the right thing is to do but I don't think instructing everyone to get tested is it.

ETA regardless, this is all my uneducated opinion. I'm glad your BIL found out he was positive before possibly exposing his high-risk MIL.
htxag09
AG
Definitely not instructing everyone to get tested. Hell, I haven't been tested once.

But the whole point of my bil's example applies to a lot of people. They're low risk, young adults living their lives. Thursday they are going to be around family, some of which may be older and have high risk factors. Not a bad idea to lay low starting Sunday, get tested Tuesday or Wednesday, and have a little more peace of mind.
CoachRTM
AG
Yep. Getting tested Wednesday evening before we head up for Thanksgiving on Thursday. My wife's grandmother is 85 years old and we're not taking that chance.
BohunkAg
AG
CoachRTM said:

Yep. Getting tested Wednesday evening before we head up for Thanksgiving on Thursday. My wife's grandmother is 85 years old and we're not taking that chance.
I think that's reasonable under the circumstances...and I'm not a big advocate of testing while well.
Diggity
AG
you guys are all doing it wrong. Just get in the GD closet already

Quote:

"A negative test is not enough to give us reassurance that we're not incubating the virus," said Sahly. "We know this incubation period is anywhere between two and 14 days, so if they test today and fly tomorrow to the family gathering, it's very plausible that within four or five days they will come with an infection despite a negative test prior to travel. That's the tricky part of the virus."

https://abc13.com/thanksgiving-cdc-coronavirus-traveling-during-covid-19-texas-houston-gatherings/8207126/
dummble
AG
Welp, we had covid go through our office back in October, 4 out of 7 people came down with it. Very mild for all of us, even the 82yo. FF to this weekend, 5 of us, 4 had had it went on a hunting trip and one of the guys who had it before tested positive this morning. Then his son who also already had it tested positive. Kinda throws a wrench into Thanksgiving. I scheduled a test for my wife and I on friday. Let it fester. Main reason is we are going on vacation on Sunday.

Odds of someone getting it twice? Odds of 2 people in the same group getting it twice? has to be more rare. So I am thinking the odds of my wife and I getting it again has to be super rare. Right????
cone
AG
this is completely f'ing useless public health advice
jetch17
AG
F'n Lina

"I wish there was a way to sugarcoat this, but there's not. Folks should cancel in-person gatherings for Thanksgiving. Like most of the nation, we are at a tipping point with #COVID19 and need the trends to get better, not worse."
Keegan99
AG
TEETERING!!!
cone
AG
no outdoors exception?
aTm2004
AG
Odds are one was probably a false positive.
TX04Aggie
AG
Welp. All my thoughts thinking I already had it were wrong. Now I have it. So looking like a netflix binge and some tasteless food for the holiday. Haha.
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.wcax.com/app/2020/11/24/vermont-schools-will-ask-students-if-they-celebrated-at-home/
CDUB98
AG
Y'all can get it again. Just like any virus, it mutates.
JYDog90
AG
I heard on the radio yesterday that Pennsylvania is prohibiting the sale of alcohol in restaurants and bars tonight because it's such a popular night to go out.
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
All the counterculture movements, like punk, have become nothing more than the mainstream Marxist culture and wheezing pile of bleeding vagis.
texagbeliever
jetch17 said:

F'n Lina

"I wish there was a way to sugarcoat this, but there's not. Folks should cancel in-person gatherings for Thanksgiving. Like most of the nation, we are at a tipping point with #COVID19 and need the trends to get better, not worse."
Anyone want to bet that Lina between Dec 20-23rd says something similar and just replaces Thanksgiving with Christmas or "Winter Solstice Holiday"?
LostInLA07
AG
Dec 24 - Jan 4 +2 weeks.

Around Jan 20 it'll be time to open up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
T Durden
AG
What did the numbers look like when she was on a stage passing around a trophy for a women's soccer club?

Scratch that. What was she actually saying or tweeting around that time? Were we code red? This ho needs to go away until the next flood. Then only translate what Linder says in Spanish.
TexAg91
AG
she would have maybe an ounce of credibility had she moved off code red for the last few months, but of course the sky has been falling since March -- including the long post-spike period -- so no one believes her BS
Diggity
AG
La Pastorcita Mentirosa
Noble07
AG

Celebration with the soccer team was on July 30th.

Also on July 30th:

T Durden
AG
OMG a 20% positivity rate! She's a monster!
Noble07
AG
Good point, the charts don't do it justice. Here she is tweeting that hospitals are about to be overrun and we can't send kids back to school. This is two days before she's high fiving the womens soccer team that most of us didn't even know existed.

T Durden
AG
What a total loser this chic is. Can someone with any Twitter clout please slap this ho back to a translation job and out of our business.

I don't Twitter but can someone post that picture of her on stage passing around a trophy and shaking hands to one or many of her doom and gloom posts? The school one posted just above would do nicely. Report back please so we can see responses.
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.