Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,049 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is what happens when you unnecessarily lock down for months. People are just over it and dgaf anymore. Wife's coworker has it, middle /late 20's, had some fever and all the classic symptoms but nothing serious, she's currently at a bar and then off to a party tonight, maybe 7-8 days since testing positive and I think she got tested this week and was still positive.

People are just done
swimmerbabe11
getting tested is expensive though. if you quit working every time your sister's cousins brother got covid or pop $100 for a rapid test, you'll go broke.

I dont know how some of yall are doing this.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
When you pay as much as I do in day care I'm sure as **** testing them to get them back in school quicker.
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
third coast.. said:

COVID is on my ship. Its causing me more pain and suffering than the person who tested positive. So over this bull*****

Considering the prison-like quarantine y'all had to go through, how did this happen?
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
So, just an anecdote about potential exposure and contact tracing (I think this might be a better way to do it).

Got the dreaded "Your kid "may" have come in contact with someone who tested positive" email from the school yesterday.

Email said if my kid was wearing a mask, it would not be considered "close contact", but they had contacted Harris Public Health and they will call IF the kid needs to quarantine.

Kid was already at a football game to play in the band when I got the email. Messaged the two other parents we carpool with, and both of them got the email, too. One is still doing virtual school, so we determine the exposure likely came from a band kid. One mom said she's already been through this with another one of her kids, and the public health office called before she even got the email from the school.

Call my kid and tell him what happened. He says no one in his section (low brass) is out, so it must not be any of those kids. Kids talk among themselves and figure out it's a kid in percussion. My kid doesn't even really know who this other kid is and probably wouldn't even recognize him.

Still haven't gotten a call from public health, and I'm not expecting one. We are going about business as usual (although, I will monitor my kid for symptoms).

Considering everything, this seems like it was handled about as well as it could have been. I'm actually pleasantly surprised, as my expectations were much lower.

As a side note, the cheerleaders did not perform at the game because they are all in quarantine for the SECOND time this semester. However, one cheerleader who was elected to the homecoming court was allowed to participate in the half time presentation. That one left me scratching my head.
cc_ag92
AG
Where are you paying $100 for a test? My daughter's test in Denton cost us $30 at a pediatric urgent care. She's under 21, so they accepted her. My test at a local doctor cost me $0.

I did find a place that would charge me $250 for a "facility fee," but the test was free. I kept calling around.
TarponChaser
Just shows how stupid this all is and how it's mostly for show.
drumboy
AG
I've done 4 of the Curative tests and a Walgreens rapid NAAT test yesterday, all free.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

This is what happens when you unnecessarily lock down for months. People are just over it and dgaf anymore. Wife's coworker has it, middle /late 20's, had some fever and all the classic symptoms but nothing serious, she's currently at a bar and then off to a party tonight, maybe 7-8 days since testing positive and I think she got tested this week and was still positive.

People are just done
this. For many people, they've exhausted all of the politics capital they had.
Fitch
AG

People are just done
Agree with your conclusion, but the anecdote seems to reinforce the narrative local governments have been pushing about shuttering bars and social scenes...which is disappointing on a few levels.

To me it's hard to read that and not think about someone with the herp knowingly sleeping around. Takes two to tango, though, I guess.
htxag09
AG

People are just done

You can blame this on corona fatigue all you want. But that's not what this is. This is just selfish stupidity. And someone who knowingly has covid and is still going out now would have done so 6 months ago.
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Agree. I'm not saying we should close anything. I think everything should be open and people should have their own personal risk assessment. I'm just saying people like this are *******s and they'll find whatever excuse they can to justify their behavior.
Pahdz
My boss was with five other dudes watching football last Thursday, they all popped positive. My boss didn't get a test, but said he had some symptoms, and still went to his dentist On Wednesday.

It's people like him why we can't have nice things
Post removed:
by user
Bondag
AG
Saw someone in their 30s post pic of hospital band. They went to ER throwing up and have COVID. This is a hospital COVID case, but likely the flu based on symptoms.

We are in flu season so we may see spikes and increased hospitalizations, but probably not any more than usual for this time of year.

I expect the news to report this honestly.
wessimo
AG
Big increase in case counts the last few days

Post removed:
by user
Pahdz
Totally agree just expect people to not be irresponsible dip****s like him. I know it's a lost cause
LostInLA07
AG
Dominion must be tabulating case counts now
TarponChaser
Bondag said:

Saw someone in their 30s post pic of hospital band. They went to ER throwing up and have COVID. This is a hospital COVID case, but likely the flu based on symptoms.

We are in flu season so we may see spikes and increased hospitalizations, but probably not any more than usual for this time of year.

I expect the news to report this honestly.

Just to clarify- said person went to the hospital because they were throwing up and tested positive for both the flu and covid, correct?

I'm assuming the person was discharged and is just fine now if feeling a little worn down.
Bondag
AG
Yes. Tired and achy like the flu.
Fitch
AG
One of the weirder dynamics in play right now is the flu has been absolutely crushed and has effectively been nonexistent since Covid started in March.
cc_ag92
AG
Did the person test positive for the flu?
You know Covid can present with stomach issues, right? So the vomiting doesn't eliminate it being Covid.
Also, was the person admitted? If not, I'm not certain they "count" in the hospitalized numbers. I'm pretty sure those are people who occupy a bed overnight or longer. I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding.
Bondag
AG
Positive for flu. Admitted.
SquanchyAg

People are just done
sounds more like a chick that likes to party and dgaf. doubt I'd blame that on covid fatigue. plenty of young chicks out banging around when they are sick just to get a buzz and a lay. it's called being young.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Godspeed to these young chicks.
NASAg03
SquanchyAg said:

People are just done
sounds more like a chick that likes to party and dgaf. doubt I'd blame that on covid fatigue. plenty of young chicks out banging around when they are sick just to get a buzz and a lay. it's called being young.

Where are these promiscuous young chicks?

Asking for a friend...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
https://comb.io/iblrZ1
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So does that mean you're sentenced to two weeks of hot pockets and diet Shasta?
First Page Last Page
Page 304 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.